Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201016_174049 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from rapidraw:

Hi again,
    Been fighting with Smaug for a while, his mouth stops moving in game and test after a game or so, I just changed the servo motor and sure enough same thing happened, any help or suggest ?

TESTS - DEVICE TESTS - DRAGON MOUTH. Highlight the lower number and close his mouth. Don't jam it shut just walk it closed almost all the way. When his top and bottom teeth are touching that's enough. Look at your numbers. The top number is say 100 - then move the lower jaw down by stepping the numbers up one by one. His jaw will slowly open. Stop when the bottom number is 18 or less different from the top number. Escape button once, follow menu instructions to make him talk (game start button I am almost sure - read instructions on monitor). He will say something and see how his jaw does. If it closes when he's done, escape out to attract mode and play and see if he's good.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

This is my biggest annoyance with my Hobbit. I got some servo motors, but then realized how much of a pain it is to try and fix this. How much for you to take a trip to Woodbridge, VA to fix it for me?

Hi James - did you at least get your ramp flaps done ?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

Yep, ramp flaps were taken care of by a professional tech. And I figured out the issue with the rollovers, took care of the beast mech and drop target issues... So the game is playable now. I love this game, but like my PoTC rarely play it for fear of breaking something lol.
    At this point I have a Smaug mouth that doesn't work on Hobbit. A switch that doesn't work on my LoTR that keeps me from being able to beat the game. A right flipper assembly on pirates that's not good (I have the replacement part) that at some point I need to fix.
    I've pre-ordered a GnR CE, I'm praying that I can just take this guy out of the box and not have to turn into a pinball tech minute one.

What switch on LOTR - destroy the ring in the back wireform maybe?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I will have to try this procedure. My Smaug does the same thing sometimes. If I wiggle the ethernet cable attached to Smaug under the play field seems to resolve.

Cables are heavy and he drags them back and forth some when moving. Make sure they're free and clear on the playfield wood lip.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Me too. I could sit back in your Ez Boy recliner with heat and massage going. Have a cold beer. And watch you fix stuff.
    LTG : )

Harsh
    Funny though LLoyd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-smaug-mouth-stops-moving-?tu=Pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.