• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjpwarranty_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

so jjp warranty is parts for the manufacturer and labor for the buyer?

jjpwarranty_(resized).jpgjjpwarranty_(resized).jpg

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Replacing the game at this point is completely unwarranted.

So is waiting 2 weeks (and counting?) for JJP to step up and take care of him after faithfully prepaying and patiently waiting though all the drama....

It sounds like the OP waiting 2 weeks before even posting here- thats pretty calm compared to how I might feel after spending $8-$9K and getting shoddy communication/support.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree the game should have been in working shape when it arrived. It wasn't. Of all the problems listed, this is the one preventing you from playing it and probably the simplest one to solve. I think you have a great case on the cabinet damage alone. But you seem ok with that. I have no idea why.

I would *also* be pissed about the cabinet, but I think it's understandable that the OP is more focused on the program's that's preventing the game from being playable after waiting a few years for it. Once it's up and running, his ire may increase with the shoddy QC on the cabinet....

#67 8 years ago

OP: Any resolution?

1 month later
#95 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

OK, here's an update. My Hobbit SE continues to have issues. The pop bumpers keep cycling like in a ball search, Smaug's mouth stopped working, and multiple switches are out. This is a game with maybe 50 plays tops. I am absolutely fed up, and would recommend avoiding this game due to the poor build quality. $8500 just wasted... I would have been smarter to just save the cash and wipe my ass with it.

Someone will be here soon to offer "geez, mine is flawless after 51 games" as if ONE other persons good experience somehow negates another persons poor experience.

Sorry for your troubles.... its not that you had a problem (it's pinball- there will be problems), but the seemingly uneven level of customer support from JJP.

The excuse-makers will tell you:
"they are too busy making awesome pinball machines to respond, sorry"
or
"they can make the most awesome pinball software in the history of mankind, but somehow, after 5 years, still can't figure out how to use their own ticket system"
or
"please PM your problems to one of their fanboys here, THEY will get your problem solved"

Oy.

4 weeks later
#114 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I emailed Jack directly, and basically told him that my machine has had so many things break in succession that it's essentially a lemon. He wrote me back at 3am, saying he would call on Monday and do what needed to be done to make this right. I hope we will be able to see this through to a resolution. I've purchased 6 NIBs and this is the only one that has had issues like this. I mean, last night I was streaming some gameplay, and one of the inlane switches just stopped working. That shouldn't happen on a 2-month-old machine...

ok, a month has gone by since that:

Where does your machine stand today? everything working as expected?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-smaug-le-first-impressions?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.