Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jjpwarranty_(resized).jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

What was your order date? I was expecting mine in May, now I'm thinking it may be August.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Considering Stern gets a replacement to you in a few days, this was like pulling teeth in comparison...

Just as a point of reference, I just waited 6 weeks to get a node board replacement from stern for my GOT LE. the grass is not always greener.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Just as a point of reference, I just waited 6 weeks to get a node board replacement from stern for my GOT LE. the grass is not always greener.

My Star Trek LE Warp ramp cracked after about 60 plays. Stern asked for a picture, and overnighted a new ramp. Was very impressed with the response time.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from BShing:

What was your order date? I was expecting mine in May, now I'm thinking it may be August.

I was one of the first orders, and was one of the first machines that I know of that wasn't sent to a distributor or an op. That certainly may have something to do with the quality control issues. Apparently, they hired a bunch of temp help for the initial salvo of games, and Frank essentially admitted that they weren't happy with the issues that were making it out of the door (like a gouged cabinet, or dirty invisiglass that was supposed to stay in the scrap pile).

This is quite a bit different from my WOZECLE, which was one of the last ECLEs produced. It has been a solid performer from day one, with absolutely zero errors after hundreds of plays.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

So Sorry to hear about all the problems. Can you tell us what kind of support you have received from JJP.
What is their plan moving forward to help you fix these issues?
Thanks

I emailed Jack directly, and basically told him that my machine has had so many things break in succession that it's essentially a lemon. He wrote me back at 3am, saying he would call on Monday and do what needed to be done to make this right. I hope we will be able to see this through to a resolution. I've purchased 6 NIBs and this is the only one that has had issues like this. I mean, last night I was streaming some gameplay, and one of the inlane switches just stopped working. That shouldn't happen on a 2-month-old machine...

#106 3 years ago

Either Stern has gotten better at serving customers with problems or it might just be how soon after you get the machine you have problems.

I had Hammer problems with Metallica(among other stuff) and Drop target opto problems with Star Trek after a couple of months. This took many weeks, a lot of pictures, etc for them to accept that I needed new parts and pretty slow shipping of parts.

Then 2 years later:

I had problems with the main board on TWD and lots of stuff with Got Pro. (spike stuff) I got both of them(the machines) at the same time in December 2015.
On those last two machines, the response was incredibly fast. From I made the call until I had the parts at my door in Oslo, Norway it only took a couple of days. This happened once with TWD and 2 times with GOT. Never before experienced so fast shipping from Chicago - Oslo in my life

Sorry for all the Stern Talk in a Hobbit thread

#107 3 years ago

Frank or Lloyd can sort your problem with a phone call. Don't give up on Hobbit yet - it might be something simple.

#108 3 years ago

Calls work MUCH better than emails or tickets.

2 weeks later
#109 3 years ago

Whats the diffeence between LE and standard on The hobbit pin ?

#110 3 years ago

I'm sure jack will take care of any problems anyone is having

#111 3 years ago

Does the hobbit pinball have movie clip from all 3 movies in it and whats the diffeence between LE and standard ?

#112 3 years ago

Powerful thread. I must say what I have come away with here, is that you are a patient person. Maybe a bit too patient. I think I would have asked them to come get the game and I'm a bit miffed as to why they didn't offer to do so on their own. I got my Hobbit LE about a week ago and unlike you it was my first NIB experience. Once again unlike you it was a good one. We are very happy with the game. However there is always room for improvement. Ours has Rad Cals and the metal cabinet protectors they provide do not adequately protect the cabinet from the legs. The Rad Cals are really thick and need a thicker protector or the leg will hit the cabinet when you tighten it and cause a buckle in the Rad Cal. Using thicker protectors will remedy the problem or just double up on the metal protectors. There is a really large drop zone from the Smaug ramp to the Smaug hole. That area came with no protection. If you leave that unprotected it will damage the playfield in very short order. Recommend at least two layers of Mylar there. I'm sure Jack will ultimately get your situation figured out and handeled. But it won't erase the grief over your Hobbit NIB experience.

2 weeks later
#113 3 years ago

I had the leg/decal problem on my new WOZ, there's quite a bit of adjustment in how you can position the leg which reduces it, but the core problem remains - the metal protectors aren't thick enough. Reason is the legs aren't 90 degree folds, and in fact some have a sharper angle than others. I'm guessing it caught on the corner where the taper starts at the top. There's usually a metal burr on the underside there which will really make this worse - takes about 10 seconds to file away before you fit the legs. One I had to just bend slighly with some adjustable wrenches.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I emailed Jack directly, and basically told him that my machine has had so many things break in succession that it's essentially a lemon. He wrote me back at 3am, saying he would call on Monday and do what needed to be done to make this right. I hope we will be able to see this through to a resolution. I've purchased 6 NIBs and this is the only one that has had issues like this. I mean, last night I was streaming some gameplay, and one of the inlane switches just stopped working. That shouldn't happen on a 2-month-old machine...

ok, a month has gone by since that:

Where does your machine stand today? everything working as expected?

#115 3 years ago

Yeah give us an update please. Really would like to know how this one ends

1 week later
#116 3 years ago

So what's the verdict..is it worth the extra money for factory installed playfield protector(150) and/or rad-cals (400 $)

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

So what's the verdict..is it worth the extra money for factory installed playfield protector(150) and/or rad-cals (400 $)

I got both. I would say the rad cals are worth it - but barely at $400 bucks. They are nice, and seem to provide good decal protection. I would do it again if I had the choice. Just wish they were $200.

The PF is nice - however, I may remove it one day and go with traditional PF care. I am glad I got that as well - especially while I am dialing in the coil settings. Maybe I'll remove it next year - and have a new PF to enjoy.

#118 3 years ago

I would like to have a few extra rubbers for the machine when they eventual break. Which ones should I stock up on first?

Also, I would like to switch the bottom flippers from red to green and perhaps the top right flipper to blue - any suggestions on what I should go with?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside