Hobbit Shooter Spring

By pinballinreno

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I posted this in a couple other posts:

I think that the shooter spring in my Hobbit is a little too weak.

Has anyone investigated this and found the perfect alternative to the factory one?

I would like to order a stronger one that is maybe 25 or 30% stronger.

What springs should I be looking at and who has them?

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-XX

They can also be ordered individually for $0.095 each.

Personally, I think the one in the game is appropriate to hit every skill shot. I suspect a stronger spring will make all the skill shots more difficult than they already are.

#3 8 years ago

Mine is the right strength. Fully plunged it hits the F in DWARF. You need the finer control for the other skill shots, but you also need enough power to hit the F as it is the strongest shot required for the skill shots. I'll check to see which spring mine has in it in case they may have changed what they are using.

--Kevin

#4 8 years ago

My hobbit has maybe 20 games on it, It has and does hit the A in DWARF fully plunged. I'd be interested in a spring if it will make it hit the F but don't want to make it so the lower skill shots are almost impossible.

#5 8 years ago

Mine also hits the "A" on a full plunge. I'm fine with that as long as it's consistent as I don't think I would be using less than a full plunge to try and hit a different letter anyway.

#6 8 years ago

Has anyone installed a slightly stronger spring?
What was the result good or bad?

-Tom

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Has anyone installed a slightly stronger spring?
What was the result good or bad?

I did, it is just fine and makes the skill shots, that much more need for "skill" especially hitting the lower ones that require the weaker plunge.

#8 8 years ago

I have my game set at 7°, should I set it for say 6.5° ? I consistently hit the w in dwarf on a full plunge, but I plays fast and good at this angle.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have my game set at 7°, should I set it for say 6.5° ? I consistently hit the w in dwarf on a full plunge, but I plays fast and good at this angle.

I would prefer the game play to my liking than have the plunger hit the DWARF letters a couple letters up.

I notice the plunger isn't hitting the ball dead center on mine but haven't tried to adjust it yet. Mine originally hit the "W" but after adding a little teflon lube it now hits the "A".

For those that want it stronger, I wonder if stretching the spring a little would get the desired results.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks Jvspin for the lubrication idea! I added a little dry lube to the plunger, WOW what a difference it works perfectly now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-shooter-spring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.