By pinballinreno

1 year ago

Stats

• 584 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20170815_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170815_181340 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170813_100403 (resized).jpg
IMG_1006[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1005[1] (resized).PNG
IMG_1004[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1003[1] (resized).JPG
20170515_173451 (resized).jpg
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
IMG_1457 (resized).JPG
IMG_1456 (resized).JPG
51cpjLy0kqL (resized).jpg
31IGxUZPoOL (resized).jpg
20170128_142712 (resized).jpg
20170128_142726 (resized).jpg
20170128_142517 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago

I installed a playfield protector on my game and since then we have about a dozen plays. I have not seen any ball sticks in the beasts since the installation. Highly recommend ordering a Hobbit with the protector for numerous reasons including ball impact divots on the playfield.

#25 1 year ago

Ok I broke down and went with the blue shooter rod spring. Definitely can hit the full spectrum of the Dwarf targets now. We are all going to have to readjust to the new tension!

#28 1 year ago

The stronger spring (blue in my case) makes it a bit more challenging for lite shots (roll overs, return lanes, and side targets). Also if you pull it back to far (too strong) it will miss the F and just tag the middle of DWARF drop bank.

1 month later
#65 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The backhand to the hole shots is much more difficult at higher pitch levels.
Shooting for the pops is way less risky. If the ball exits the pops from the center it now feeds the right flipper instead of SDTM.
The game over all plays better and feels more in control, less floaty on bad anemic shots.

Have you got any smashing of the right ramp edge from ball hits so far? I installed (after about 5 games) a post and rubber right between the mystery target and the edge of the ramp to stop the contact from the ball smashing into the right ramp edge. Just wondered if I might have overreacted.

image_(resized).jpeg

#66 1 year ago

Notice that I don't have any curling of ramp flaps. I never have.

#67 1 year ago

Here it is with the post rubber.

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Decals
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside