image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
ballstuck_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160408_074023_(resized).jpg
12241428_995112147227655_4257659762794450645_n_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Yes. Played it on Friday and ordered then. Emailed on Tuesday to get a feel for timeframe and they had one sitting there. Paid in full on Wed morning and shipped same day. I picked up today at trucking center instead of waiting 2-3 days for at home delivery. Got lucky!

Bobby,,, I have a similar story: (but this was from a few years ago. About a similar JJP experience)

I have an Amazing story to tell. This just happened to me. This is a 'Happy' delivery story to bring smiles to all who read it, and especially my wife, whom will never read it, but has the biggest smile of all.
So, as the story goes, I have been interested in the Wizard of OZ for a little bit. Kinda started with my interest in The Hobbit and my questions and concerns regarding pricing, ordering, pre-order cash installments, wait times, etc. Throughout the reading of many posts it was decided that I should wait on The Hobbit. Perhaps I could take my money and do more with it until the actual product is released and reviewed. So I focused my efforts towards WOZ. Reading, discussing, calculating differences among the various models, pricing, and delivery times. Should I put a deposit on a Standard?, a Ruby Red?, or purchased a used Limited Edition (which are all sold out, however not all have been delivered as of the date of this posting).
Hmmm,,,,, what to do. This has been on my mind for awhile now. Should I pay a Premium for a used WOZECLE, place a deposit on one of the others, or outright purchase a NIB from a distributor that has one in stock. So, I have been going back and forth, trying to make a decision. Been keeping in touch with a distributor that has them in stock but just needed to get the nerve to pull the trigger.
I have read nothing but GREAT reviews of the product, and customer service of JJP, but have read so much from folks expressing displeasure with the actual delivery schedules. In fact they are downright mad about not receiving a product that they had preciously paid for. (and rightfully so.)... But those that have finally received their pinball machines quickly went from dis-satisfied to extremely HAPPY!... So there lies my indecision and where can I just smile through the whole process and not deal with the frustration of 'waiting'. Hmmmm.... back again, to the distributor, NIB, in stock.
I had full confidence in the distributor, I had the funds available at the moment, the wife has given her blessings, and the stars were aligned and brighter on this night then I have seen in along time. Time to pull the trigger!
And so I did! Pulled the trigger!.... Contacted the distributor Saturday AM (04-26-14).... Received WOZ in my home at 9:58AM Sunday AM (04-27-14), NIB, numbered plaque, signed by Jersey Jack himself. Invisiglass, Shaker motor, and 5 bright new shiny balls!......... WHOO- HOOO!
I cannot express my appreciation enough to Buddy Heron of Mountain Entertainment (authorized JJP distributor), David Wagers, and Dakota. These are fine people that you want to meet someday.
In my home: 9:58AM Sunday.....

(like I mentioned this was a few years ago when WOZ was first released.,, I think I might pull the trigger on Hobbit.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-review-fun-beautiful-impressive?tu=Geremy13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.