• April/May - MMr Late 16 votes
    32%
  • June/July - TBL Late (too harsh? still not officially late?) 12 votes
    24%
  • Aug/Sept - JPOP Late 7 votes
    14%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-629.jpg
thorins-axe.jpg
10858443_896377907047473_5742864088122561486_n.jpg
1549293_896378233714107_9038370314374420201_n.jpg
10850293_896380010380596_4559405547320458852_n.jpg
10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg
1461590_896380040380593_7537413115791358096_n.jpg
4c91f09be8be.gif
CharlieBrown.jpg
msfpmd07.gif

There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago

TH is looking like it will be my first JJP game. Glad Jack is back on Pinside.

#102 4 years ago

Smaug on The Colbert Report

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Smaug on The Colbert Report ยป YouTube video

Now that's some funny stuff.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Not to go OT - at IAAPA - people were coming over to our booth and pulling the plunger, pressing coin returns, hitting flipper buttons trying to start the games - nobody knows to press start - or to press start to add more players - very poor job on location the last ten years - none of the operators I spoke to told me they were planning to buy any pins - new or used - I did change a few minds though.

Jack, with the big LCD screen here you have a HUGE opportunity to spell it out to the general public. Why not have the LCD clearly state exactly how to start a game? Someone's hitting the flipper buttons before hitting start? Then have it immediately show and tell them what to do.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Jack, with the big LCD screen here you have a HUGE opportunity to spell it out to the general public. Why not have the LCD clearly state exactly how to start a game? Someone's hitting the flipper buttons before hitting start? Then have it immediately show and tell them what to do.

my WOZ does do this.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Woz does this. VERY clearly.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Woz does this. VERY clearly.

OK cool. Maybe the Hobbit one doesn't do it yet? And that's why the IAAPA people Jack mentioned were having an issue?

#108 4 years ago

There are some very nice pics just posted on FB of the updated pin.

#109 4 years ago

new 1461590_896380040380593_7537413115791358096_n.jpgpics and it looks beautiful!

1549293_896378233714107_9038370314374420201_n.jpg10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg10850293_896380010380596_4559405547320458852_n.jpg10858443_896377907047473_5742864088122561486_n.jpg

#110 4 years ago

Wow, the game looks so much better now then it did at Expo. Great job JJP!

#112 4 years ago

nice to see Jack shedding light on concerns from buyers and potential buyers. Things seem to be going smoother this time around.

#113 4 years ago

Quite nice, indeed. Thanks for posting the photos; any chance of seeing a close-up of the Bag End, upper right portion of the playfield? POPS and LCD screen?

#114 4 years ago

I feel like I have been transported back in time to December 2012,
same discussion and comments regarding WoZ

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

OK cool. Maybe the Hobbit one doesn't do it yet? And that's why the IAAPA people Jack mentioned were having an issue?

Interesting comments from Jack. I've seen machines on location in England and my conclusion is to remember an old Sam Goldwyn quote " Nobody ever goes broke by underestimating the intelligence of the customer " Plenty show some interest but look at machines as if they are something from another universe. Maybe they don't want to spend money AND look like an idiot.

#116 4 years ago

Bada BOOM !!!! Bada BAM!! That thing is beautiful.

#117 4 years ago

Pictures look leaps and bounds better than what was revealed at Expo (it seems like yesterday, JJP team must have been working their asses off).

The whole Bag End area looks 100% revised? My concern is with these seemingly last minute fairly major playfield revisions (its a small part of the whole but a big noticable change) is the game going to shoot like a cohesive whole? Jury is out, can't wait to find out for myself.

Bottom line is this is better than the prior reveal.

Kudos to Jack for coming on here and trying to interact with us.

WTF to however things went down to allow/force this whole seemingly last minute stuff. They had an extra 6 months to work on this game, now we are talking "weeks, not years" delay. I guess they are making it better. That's something, but it should have been great in the first place.

Lose lose, either they are late (surprise! We missed our date/broke a promise! Who could have predicted JJP would do such a thing!) or they release a crappier game.

My biggest beef with the date slippage is why was this announced only ~5 days supposedly before games were supposed to be starting to be made. Only a crazy person thought these things were shipping soon after the Expo reveal. Why was it only this week someone at JJP said guys, we better actually announce we are not pushing these out the door, seeing as our prior announced date is in a few days".

THAT is what I find really perplexing, bordering on inexcusable.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who in the world thought the release date was Dec 17th?

Panzerfreak for one.

He scolded me good when I dared to indicate that Hobbit would not be shipped to anyone in 2014.

#119 4 years ago

What will ship first TH or MM

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What will ship first TH or MM

MM is a lot later than Hobbit at this point, but neither delay is all that big a deal, at least for now. It appears to me that, by and large, the people complaining the most about delays aren't the ones actually waiting for one of these pins. Most of the folks I know who have orders in expected some delays and are understanding.

#121 4 years ago

Night and day from Expo. Artwork is gorgeous!

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Panzerfreak for one.
He scolded me good when I dared to indicate that Hobbit would not be shipped to anyone in 2014.

I think that was during the height of my JJP obsession days, haha. I've tried to tone it down since then. I'm not surprised that the game has been delayed. It's for the better though with all of the changes made to the game. There are other delayed pins out there but JJP is one of the only smaller pinball companies that has actually shipped a pin.

#123 4 years ago

Now that is a classy looking pin. Much better than before. My concerns are gone. Boy, they must have put some serious effort in the last month to pull this all off. Great job.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We are ordering parts in a way so we can build all three at the same time - same exact play field and toys right so just cosmetics, body armor, cabinet decals....

Jack, THLE #0016 here

Can we please get more than just the dragon head? Is it possible at this point to get some other part of his body on the playfield that looks like it belongs there? A claw, tail, something that makes it look like the rest of him is hinted at being present. A few others have mentioned this concern.

#125 4 years ago

What's a D ARF?

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think that was during the height of my JJP obsession days, haha. I've tried to tone it down since then. I'm not surprised that the game has been delayed. It's for the better though with all of the changes made to the game. There are other delayed pins out there but JJP is one of the only smaller pinball companies that has actually shipped a pin.

Well said sir. You have indeed toned it down, and your posts in general have seemed much more objective and reasoned than I have interpreted them in the past. Not just on JJP products, but the others as well.

It goes without saying that I'm not surprised by the delay either, and I agree that it is for the better considering some of the recent improvements that are being implemented by JJP after getting feedback since Expo. You have to give JJP credit for that, no question.

#127 4 years ago

What is that supposed to be on the left kicker? It used to be an axe. Can we get an answer on whether or not there will be a body for smaug? Jack you told me in an email smaug would have more than just a head, that he would have some body showing and a tail.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Well, not that it was a Blessing, we asked in August when we "thought we were done" with the game - in hindsight we could have made more prototype games but I wish some of those Ops would have responded.
We are working more closely with Ops that are receptive to investing in Pinball to make them money more than to tell them they will make money when they are finished operating the game and reap big money selling to "home customers" - that revenue model does not work for them.

I'm buying a ruby red next year because of the woz at ltgs place!

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We are ordering parts in a way so we can build all three at the same time - same exact play field and toys right so just cosmetics, body armor, cabinet decals....

Seems fair to build all three at the same time, but my understanding was that all SE orders needed to be in by the end of the year since they would be run as a block early in the schedule. Is this still the case?

#130 4 years ago

I wonder on what levels this is gonne be so much better then woz.

Both look great. Both lack fun shots. Woz has great code, i assume the hobbit will get it too.

Theme is very personal. Cant be it.

Maybe some new under the hood stuff, but as a player. Who cares?

Seems more a commercial shout then anything else. Cause it looks like woz and the hobbit will be equally epic.

--

Pin looks awesome, only the Smaug area should have been a thousand times more interesting.

#131 4 years ago

I think this is a joke, when the last movie is released the game should also be released. IMO jjp has really dropped the ball. I feel sorry for all you who have put down a butt load of cash for something your not gonna get as scheduled.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I think this is a joke, when the last movie is released the game should also be released. IMO jjp has really dropped the ball. I feel sorry for all you who have put down a butt load of cash for something your not gonna get as scheduled.

Holy crap, does this really, actually affect anyone? You'd think it was a vital organ transplant. Just wait the damn two months and be glad you don't live in a part of the world where living to see the next two months is generally a 50-50 prospect.

#133 4 years ago

Jack... Thanks for listening and taking in the constructive feedback. Please take your time and get it right. Feb, March, April, what ever it takes.

Remember... once it's done / shipped; you only get one chance to make a good first impression. We have faith in you, your team and Company!

Thanks for all your innovations / visions. It's Great for Pinball!

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's for the better though with all of the changes made to the game.

+1. Given the choice between
1) Give me the game now, as it was for expo or
2) Wait a few months with the new package.

I doubt many would chose option 1.

I guess some of the recent TBL refunds will be "reinvested" in JJP!

#135 4 years ago

Vonnie D Jpop and Dutch pinball put the feb/mar in a new light

#136 4 years ago

Jack- Any chance you plan on doing an open house at Abel Electronics or having a prototype there in the near future?

Would love to try a Hobbit out- looks amazing. Congratulations on WOZ, awesome game. Looking forward to getting a JJP pin some day in the future here.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Vonnie D Jpop and Dutch pinball put the feb/mar in a new light

What does this even mean?

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

What does this even mean?

Drug dealers, money back, more delays, = more boutique BS

#139 4 years ago

OP should put a poll up of what month we think it will arrive.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

What is that supposed to be on the left kicker? It used to be an axe. Can we get an answer on whether or not there will be a body for smaug? Jack you told me in an email smaug would have more than just a head, that he would have some body showing and a tail.

I think it's a diverter that will somehow (maybe pop up) force the ball over to the outer rails returning the ball to the lane with the kick-back solenoid/plunger.

#141 4 years ago

Can you post that email and how old is it?

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We are happily married for 31 years....

Congrats Jack, you're a lucky man!!!

Hey I just realized I've had my WOZ for over a year now! 11/26/13 delivery and it's still working fine!

Fun still too!

Thanks for making this awesome contraption!!!

Tom

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Can you post that email and how old is it?

Actually it was a PM and it was deleted. Sorry. I also made a mistake, I wasn't talking about the kicker was asking about the left slingshot, that isn't an axe anymore, what is it?

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Please take your time and get it right.

Totally agree I would rather have a great game and wait then to have something rushed out with issues.

#145 4 years ago

Actually it was a PM and it was deleted. Sorry. I also made a mistake, I wasn't talking about the kicker was asking about the left slingshot, that isn't an axe anymore, what is it?

What are you referring to? I still see both axes present on the slings in the most recent prototype.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What are you referring to? I still see both axes present on the slings in the most recent prototype.

Take a look at the new se pics, its not an axe on the left side

#147 4 years ago

Take a look at tge new se pics, its not an axe on the left side

Okay see it now. You mean the shape has changed.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Okay see it now. You mean the shape has changed.

Yeah but what is that?

#149 4 years ago

Yeah but what is that?

For chopping around corners?

#150 4 years ago

Yeah but what is that?

Still a dwarf axe. Just another shape. I will upload a picture.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 88.00
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside