10858443_896377907047473_5742864088122561486_n.jpg
1549293_896378233714107_9038370314374420201_n.jpg
10850293_896380010380596_4559405547320458852_n.jpg
10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg
1461590_896380040380593_7537413115791358096_n.jpg
4c91f09be8be.gif
CharlieBrown.jpg
msfpmd07.gif
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

U never heard anything cause u never ordered either

So your saying if I ordered the game he would have told me I would have the game be the 17th?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol. CraZ4pin is back ladies and gentlemen. And Oldpinster.

What is that supposed to mean and how does it relate to what I posted? Is something I wrote not true?

#53 9 years ago

Don't worry pinchroma rarely adds to conversation more of a piss and moan type of guy.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

OOOH! You're that same jerk who said I had 2 accounts a month or two ago! Dude, you need to see a doctor about your ego. I think Kevorkian has a cure for that now.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

OOOH! You're that same jerk who said I had 2 accounts a month or two ago! Dude, you need to see a doctor about your ego. I think Kevorkian has a cure for that now.

Was this account around a month or two ago? Maybe he said it to your other account. You know Jack like the back of your hand but don't know who Alex is. Hmmmm, you sir, quack like a duck.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Was this account around a month or two ago? Maybe he said it to your other account. You know Jack like the back of your hand but don't know who Alex is. Hmmmm, you sir, quack like a duck.

He knows who I am. It's craz4pin. Lol. Once the admins check the range it will be a dead account just like the others. Look at the create date. It's not a coincidence.

And to Ek; the only thing I piss and moan at is your constant and unrelenting butchery of the English language and the written word in general. It truly is painful to read and even with a ouija board or a playfair cipher its impossible to transcribe your diatribe. Next up a secret spider man decoder ring.

#57 9 years ago

Dammmmm, a playfair cipher reference

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I was thinking the same thing since he's been a member for almost a whole month

#59 9 years ago

I don't care if I get my Hobbit in the summer or even later. As long as it's a great game. Take your time and knock it out of the park, Jack!

#60 9 years ago

I wish people would stop encouraging delays.

#61 9 years ago

Ouija board or play field cipher.....lol
That's funny right there

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He knows who I am. It's craz4pin. Lol. Once the admins check the range it will be a dead account just like the others. Look at the create date. It's not a coincidence.
And to Ek; the only thing I piss and moan at is your constant and unrelenting butchery of the English language and the written word in general. It truly is painful to read and even with a ouija board or a playfair cipher its impossible to transcribe your diatribe. Next up a secret spider man decoder ring.

Once more you piss and moan while adding nothing to the conversation.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

So your saying if I ordered the game he would have told me I would have the game be the 17th?

Nope just stating a fact that ur here to stir it up. U havnt bought a jjp title and u haven't ordered one. Just stating that fact.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

Why are you bringing up any other company? Ridiculous.
Jack is always "talking". The problem is you cant trust a word he says unfortunately. Sorry to be blunt but Jack has a long history of missed dates and broken promises. There are zero (good) excuses for not having this game done in 2 years time. For Gods sake, this game was originally supposed to be ready in June/July before the studio moved the release date. Once again, terrible management.
The biggest change needed in this game is still there ... a bodyless Smaug whose head looks just okay at best. Such a shame.
And IF this game comes out in March ... will Lawlor's game still come in 2015 and compete with TH sales? That investor better get more money lined up to keep JJP going.

Ur a month new to this forum but u know a long history about jack? Jacks always talking? In the one month u have been here he's posted how many times?

#65 9 years ago

I don't mind delays that allow the game to be a better product in the end, but the unfortunate thing about The Hobbit being delayed is how it kind of offsets its timing with the movie release, and having this game available while the movie is still in theaters would probably be of benefit to operators, so it's disappointing to see operators losing out on a good opportunity due to production delays.

#66 9 years ago

I'm not sure they even got assets to the third movie early enough tho incorporate into the game by the movie release. If they only recently got assets then that obviously will take a little time to add into the game. I wasn't expecting production to start in December based on what was shown at the expo and the newly changed items in the game.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

the only thing I piss and moan at is your constant and unrelenting butchery of the English language and the written word in general. It truly is painful to read and even with a ouija board or a playfair cipher its impossible to transcribe your diatribe. Next up a secret spider man decoder ring.

I thought it was cool that Jack jumped right on here and addressed the topic and added some commentary.

My $0.02 is that he's doing a better job at customer relations than you are in this thread. Some times you need to bite your tongue and NOT take the troll bait- ESPECIALLY- if you're in a position that's in some tangential way going to be perceived as representing the company.

Anyways, glad to hear a version is nearly ready! I'm hoping they will share a detailed look at it sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

#68 9 years ago

Production is different from shipping.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It says shipping mid december.

In case they change it after I post this:

"There is much more to come as we roll out the second JJP game slated to begin production in mid December 2014, The Hobbit in three different models."

It doesn't say "shipping", it says "begin production". They could begin producing cabinets, or assemblies or any number of things that will lead up to production of full machines.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

I'm not sure they even got assets to the third movie early enough tho incorporate into the game by the movie release. If they only recently got assets then that obviously will take a little time to add into the game. I wasn't expecting production to start in December based on what was shown at the expo and the newly changed items in the game.

If I remember correctly third movie assets can't be incorporated until release of the third DVD release

#71 9 years ago

I want to thank Jack for addressing the issue on pinside.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If I remember correctly third movie assets can't be incorporated until release of the third DVD release

That is how I remember it as well. Now looking forward to the DVD to see what the guys are going to add to the game from "Battle of the Five Armies".

#73 9 years ago

Take all the time you need to make it perfect!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Thanks
"Hope" is not a plan. That's what we had with WOZ - now things are different as we will continue to prove in 2015. We appreciate the confidence and support - see everyone tomorrow with a Smaug Gold at Automated!! The Pizza is on Mike.

Many threads lately all saying the same thing...."Just communicate with us". Gald to see Jack is on board.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I want to thank Jack for addressing the issue on pinside.

I'm here, I'm available, always answer the phone and the door.

This license released assets slowly and we understood that only as we went along....(Smaug, etc) we made changes that everyone wanted in response to Expo in mid-October and showed them in Mid November - it's almost mid-December now. We could have said it's "done" that's it and probably be building games this month - you want that?

Neither do we - this is a lot better feeling than WOZ - weeks not years - game #3 - that's already had a shooting physical prototype for several months.

Most all of the major vendors have shut their books for new orders this year - weeks ago - from here to the rest of the year - they are done.

No excuses - as always there are prototype, vendor, part, production issues, it will never go away, just be managed more closely. Look at those trying to make pins, new or remake....

To some the solution was always "put less on the game" We put more on the game....

Today at Automated we will show Smaug Gold S.E. - last day to order is 12/31/14

On Saturday 12/27 there will be one at Freddy's Pinball Paradise in Germany too for his Open House.

Thanks again

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

It doesn't say "shipping", it says "begin production". They could begin producing cabinets, or assemblies or any number of things that will lead up to production of full machines.

And some of that will be happening.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I don't mind delays that allow the game to be a better product in the end, but the unfortunate thing about The Hobbit being delayed is how it kind of offsets its timing with the movie release, and having this game available while the movie is still in theaters would probably be of benefit to operators, so it's disappointing to see operators losing out on a good opportunity due to production delays.

Hate to say this - many months ago - we offered some local operators Hobbit games for the movie opening and they never replied to us.....we offered them to Warner Bros for the Premier's too - dead silence. Pinball is like mice nuts - we all have a lot of work to do - it's big to us - the world does not know pinball - especially on location.

Not to go OT - at IAAPA - people were coming over to our booth and pulling the plunger, pressing coin returns, hitting flipper buttons trying to start the games - nobody knows to press start - or to press start to add more players - very poor job on location the last ten years - none of the operators I spoke to told me they were planning to buy any pins - new or used - I did change a few minds though.

#78 9 years ago

Jack get your butt to the TPF this year!

#79 9 years ago

I'll take one jack, then I can have a big party at my house

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Jack get your butt to the TPF this year!

I was there last year and we will be there this year with Hobbits - to me - that is one of the best shows on Planet Earth - BIG - lots of fun and games and a lot of energy - very well done. "Don't Mess With Texas"

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

I'll take one jack, then I can have a big party at my house

Well, not that it was a Blessing, we asked in August when we "thought we were done" with the game - in hindsight we could have made more prototype games but I wish some of those Ops would have responded.

We are working more closely with Ops that are receptive to investing in Pinball to make them money more than to tell them they will make money when they are finished operating the game and reap big money selling to "home customers" - that revenue model does not work for them.

#82 9 years ago

Jack, you coming to MGC this year? If not, will Eric and Kingpin (Chris) be bringing The Hobbit?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Jack, you coming to MGC this year? If not, will Eric and Kingpin (Chris) be bringing The Hobbit?

Yes, me, them, us , we will figure it out....and Hobbit for sure....

#84 9 years ago

Jack,I hope you come to Louisville in March.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

right now, if I had one still on order, I would be fuming.
Glad I'm broke. Don't have to worry about pre-orders any longer.

I've been in on this for a long time. I've been telling my family and others who ask that I don't expect my pin until spring at the earliest. This simply confirms what my expectations were.

I say just get it right. I can wait.

Edit: I just ended up reading the whole thread. Thank you, Jack, for your comments.

Personally, I'm very excited for this pin.

#86 9 years ago

Sadly, I'm no longer in on this machine. Too many changes and delays for me to keep the money tied up for another six months, so I changed to TWD when it was announced.

However, I will say it's great to see Jack addressing the issues here rather than keeping silent about the lastest set back. Hope the machines turn out to be fantastic.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Sadly, I'm no longer in on this machine. Too many changes and delays for me to keep the money tied up for another six months, so I changed to TWD when it was announced.
However, I will say it's great to see Jack addressing the issues here rather than keeping silent about the lastest set back. Hope the machines turn out to be fantastic.

There are no set-backs - every day there are many obstacles - that's life and business. This is my 40th year in this industry and we did not pick anything easy to do. It's great to see all the satisfied people with their WOZ's -

Our distributors worldwide sold over 200 WOZ games in different flavors in the last month - all NEW sales. We have that license until the end of 2017 - Hobbit will be better than WOZ on many levels. Don't be surprised if you wind up buying one.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

There are no set-backs - every day there are many obstacles - that's life and business. This is my 40th year in this industry and we did not pick anything easy to do. It's great to see all the satisfied people with their WOZ's -
Our distributors worldwide sold over 200 WOZ games in different flavors in the last month - all NEW sales. We have that license until the end of 2017 - Hobbit will be better than WOZ on many levels. Don't be surprised if you wind up buying one.

Since there are three versions of the game, are they going to be produced side by side or are you planning on running all of the Smaug editions first or the LE's? Running all of the Smaug versions first, starting with Abel's allotment seems to make the most sense

#89 9 years ago

I hope details get worked out quickly and machines start flying off the assembly line. I'm in the minority, and don't care for super hero or fantasy games. I want a profitable run of the Hobbit so JJP can concentrate on bringing me a killer PLD game with no need for cost cutting. Please, blow me away!

I want new shots, new toys, innovation, and humor. In my pinball life there have been some magical days of opening boxes where I just went WOW! A few that come to mind - Black Knight, Comet, TAF, and High Speed. Anyone remember the excitement to open Monopoly after the WMS/Bally closing and finally getting a new PLD game after the mediocrity of Stern games from the era? I long for that feeling again. So, JJP, take your time. Get it right. Put out something you can truly be proud of. Put it out with better than average opening code. Bring back that WOW of opening a new game and playing it for the first time.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Since there are three versions of the game, are they going to be produced side by side or are you planning on running all of the Smaug editions first or the LE's? Running all of the Smaug versions first, starting with Abel's allotment seems to make the most sense

We are ordering parts in a way so we can build all three at the same time - same exact play field and toys right so just cosmetics, body armor, cabinet decals....

#91 9 years ago

Jack, I am really curious about how the rules are evolving. Any news about that?

#92 9 years ago

Jack and team have listened and learned a lot in the last three years. I personally think they have done a great job with the Hobbit.........I will not comment on the WOZ. The wait has been reasonable with many updates along the way and the changes made show that JJP is truly concerned about producing the best possible game. Congrats Jack, Feb.\March production date is great news.

#93 9 years ago

See you at Automated, Jack! (Shouldn't you be on the road soon?)

#94 9 years ago

Looks like the openhouse starts at 12:00pm today.
Any chance of a sneak preview with pictures on here before the event starts for the "out of towners" lol?

JJP Distributor, Automated Services, will be hosting a Holiday Open House event on Saturday, December 13th from 12-5pm in Orange, CT. Jack will be in attendance with a Hobbit Prototype Game to play!

Updated Smaug Toy and updated PF Artwork will be shown on this game for the first time!

Over 100 pinballs on free play, giveways, pizza and soda will be served from 12:30-2:30 and Jack will be available to answer questions, sign items and more!

To be entered into a door prize drawing, please RSVP to [email protected]!

Automated Services
163 Boston Post Road
Orange, CT 06477
203-795-4440

#95 9 years ago

I hope Jack has a gathering at the JJP factory this year like last year. It was awesome to see the games on the line and talk with the crew. Have fun today guys!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Looks like the openhouse starts at 12:00pm today.
Any chance of a sneak preview with pictures on here before the event starts for the "out of towners" lol?
JJP Distributor, Automated Services, will be hosting a Holiday Open House event on Saturday, December 13th from 12-5pm in Orange, CT. Jack will be in attendance with a Hobbit Prototype Game to play!
Updated Smaug Toy and updated PF Artwork will be shown on this game for the first time!
Over 100 pinballs on free play, giveways, pizza and soda will be served from 12:30-2:30 and Jack will be available to answer questions, sign items and more!
To be entered into a door prize drawing, please RSVP to [email protected]!
Automated Services
163 Boston Post Road
Orange, CT 06477
203-795-4440

Wish I could be there ,but so far away for me.
Someone please take some pictures and share . A Big Thank You in advance

#97 9 years ago

Heading out in a few to see my soon to be Hobbit. Hope to get in a few pictures. Since this will be my first Pin I can say I am really excited to see what Jack has done with all the changes. If he is saying this will be better that Woz then I believe him. Take your time Jack and get it right. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

#98 9 years ago

Take lots of pics Pinister , thanks

#99 9 years ago

Great to see one at TPF. Hopefully it won't be used in tournament area like WOZ was with dingy code...

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Hate to say this - many months ago - we offered some local operators Hobbit games for the movie opening and they never replied to us.....we offered them to Warner Bros for the Premier's too - dead silence. Pinball is like mice nuts - we all have a lot of work to do - it's big to us - the world does not know pinball - especially on location.
Not to go OT - at IAAPA - people were coming over to our booth and pulling the plunger, pressing coin returns, hitting flipper buttons trying to start the games - nobody knows to press start - or to press start to add more players - very poor job on location the last ten years - none of the operators I spoke to told me they were planning to buy any pins - new or used - I did change a few minds though.

That is an awesome solution to that issue, although it's sad to see that it got no response. Great work Jersey Jack

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-release-date-febmarch/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.