• April/May - MMr Late 16 votes
    32%
  • June/July - TBL Late (too harsh? still not officially late?) 12 votes
    24%
  • Aug/Sept - JPOP Late 7 votes
    14%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-629.jpg
thorins-axe.jpg
10858443_896377907047473_5742864088122561486_n.jpg
1549293_896378233714107_9038370314374420201_n.jpg
10850293_896380010380596_4559405547320458852_n.jpg
10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg
1461590_896380040380593_7537413115791358096_n.jpg
4c91f09be8be.gif
CharlieBrown.jpg
msfpmd07.gif

There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

Just heard from Jen that the expected release is Feb/March not Dec 17th. Don't know if I missed this somewhere else but that was a surprise.

#2 4 years ago

(Popcorn eating Gif)

#3 4 years ago

It must be the movie studio's fault.

#4 4 years ago

Pinball Manufacturers fail to understand

#5 4 years ago

Who in the world thought the release date was Dec 17th? I honestly don't get how that would be surprising. I know there's this rumor that the pin must be released with the movie, but I have no idea where that even came from, it's just repeated like a fact with no basis.

The game has just been shown still unfinished, how could you think they'd be shipping them in 5 days?

#6 4 years ago

I heard it was because the eucalyptus tree had a rainy season and crops were light for the past 8 months. Things are looking good now that they have had a good rain storm down under.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who in the world thought the release date was Dec 17th? I honestly don't get how that would be surprising. I know there's this rumor that the pin must be released with the movie, but I have no idea where that even came from, it's just repeated like a fact with no basis.

Guess I haven't been keeping up with the "Facts"

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The game has just been shown still unfinished, how could you think they'd be shipping them in 5 days?

It wasn't a rumor. Jack himself said he was contractually obligated to ship when the movie was released. However, not sure if anyone believed it. BTW, I have TH preorder and have paid for 1/2.

#9 4 years ago

Wow JJP just dropped the ball big time. Why not out with the movie? Thought they signed contracts that it had to be out with the movie

#10 4 years ago

as someone who's been in for a while, I say take your time and do it right.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

as someone who's been in for a while, I say take your time and do it right.

Agree, if it helps them to make an absolute great game then I'm fine with waiting. They can ship out the expo version on the 17th for those that are too impatient!

#12 4 years ago

2014 shall be dubbed the year of lessons learned. Not just JJP across the board.

#13 4 years ago

right now, if I had one still on order, I would be fuming.

Glad I'm broke. Don't have to worry about pre-orders any longer.

#14 4 years ago

Yeah, I can't see how anyone could be surprised by this news. As others have said, I would much rather they took their time and got it right.

#15 4 years ago

Just in time for when the movie leaves the super-saver theatre!

#16 4 years ago

Posted on JJP Group

Dec 11

Giants are Dead, Jets are Dead...LOL

I'll be at Automated Services this Saturday with a Near-production Hobbit - I believe we are sending a Smaug Gold Special Edition.

There will be prizes and pizza and Gabe will be there to see if I leak any other details about anything JJP - so it will be fun - we should do an update Monday - we have been ordering parts like mad for weeks for The Hobbit - with the changes we are all very happy how the game turned out.

Some production of mechanisms and assemblies will start sooner but obviously full game production will start when everything is here....not that far off.....weeks not years...

========

Also we obviously responded to changes in the game, maybe that takes a bit extra time to incorporate.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Also we obviously responded to changes in the game, maybe that takes a bit extra time to incorporate.

They were needed changes, the game is better for them, so everyone should be happy you took the time to make them instead of trying to stick to an arbitrary movie release date.

If you can actually crank them out come March, and it's not a WOZ years wait situation everyone will be happy is my guess. Here's hoping!

#18 4 years ago

Feb/ March works for me.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They were needed changes, the game is better for them, so everyone should be happy you took the time to make them instead of trying to stick to an arbitrary movie release date.
If you can actually crank them out come March, and it's not a WOZ years wait situation everyone will be happy is my guess. Here's hoping!

Thanks

"Hope" is not a plan. That's what we had with WOZ - now things are different as we will continue to prove in 2015. We appreciate the confidence and support - see everyone tomorrow with a Smaug Gold at Automated!! The Pizza is on Mike.

#20 4 years ago

Can we expect a hobbit at TPF?

#21 4 years ago

Jack,

I would have waited another 6 months for the team to get this right. I never had a doubt after seeing the woz I just wish I had more cash to purchase both machines. Who knows maybe in the near future ill be able to pick one up.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Can we expect a hobbit at TPF?

Yes

#23 4 years ago

Awesome!!! I cant wait to see it in person

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

see everyone tomorrow with a Smaug Gold

Please post pictures of the game with the new playfield in, really looking forward to seeing this.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

The Pizza is on Mike.

Outstanding. Say hit to Mike for me !

LTG : )

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Kane:

Just heard from Jen that the expected release is Feb/March not Dec 17th. Don't know if I missed this somewhere else but that was a surprise.

Not surprised.

"x plus two" still being used.........

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Wow JJP just dropped the ball big time. Why not out with the movie? Thought they signed contracts that it had to be out with the movie

I disagree, I applaud the way they responded to the expo tragedy. And I believe we'll get a great game when it's all said and done! I have faith JJP will have a hit here!

#28 4 years ago

CharlieBrown.jpg
#29 4 years ago

Going by a Feb/ March date,I assume that the games should get to Australia around April?

#30 4 years ago

Thanks for the update Jack! Can't wait to see pics/video of the pin. I too think its worth the wait for a great product!

#31 4 years ago

When Jack proposed to his wife I'll be he asked for $1,000 for the ring one year earlier then finally got married 3 1/2 years later.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

(Popcorn eating Gif)

4c91f09be8be.gif

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I never heard the 17th but dec/jan has been around for some time.

Pinball News

Date: 16th January, 2014

Less than 24 hours since Jersey Jack Pinball announced an investment in the company by a private equity firm, they have released more details of their second game - The Hobbit.

The last update showed the cabinet and backbox artwork, but today we get to see a first look at an early whitewood for the game which is still around 11 months away from production. In addition, we can bring you some sample video animations for use on the backbox LCD monitor

#34 4 years ago

Maybe the game will be able to ship with more art or modes from the 3rd movie with the extra two or three months.

Which will I have first MMR or The Hobbit?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

When Jack proposed to his wife I'll be he asked for $1,000 for the ring one year earlier then finally got married 3 1/2 years later.

We are happily married for 31 years....

#37 4 years ago

I want to play th newsest version as a hater I really wanted to buy at expo but damn want a mess. Hopefully it's fixed

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I want to play th newsest version as a hater I really wanted to buy at expo but damn want a mess. Hopefully it's fixed

Just saw your photos in the TBL party thread which explains your compromised typing ability.

#39 4 years ago

I'm okay with pushing it to Feb. but March is just getting too far off. I'm also worried of a snowball effect when listing a two month release period. What's to say that it doesn't keep getting pushed? I've been fairly patient throughout the year but to keep this preorder through to production will take some concrete news. I'll wait and see what the next update brings and see how much interaction JJP has on this thread with customer concerns and then revisit what I'll do.

#40 4 years ago

On a train hammered! Doing my best but it's really sloppy right now : )

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

That's a heck of a lot harder than building pinball machines. Congratulations!

#42 4 years ago

Since I will own TH the rest of my life, I could care less about a few extra months.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Got you beat by a couple of years!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well, you might get that idea from the website:

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/about-us/

It says shipping mid december.

In case they change it after I post this:

"There is much more to come as we roll out the second JJP game slated to begin production in mid December 2014, The Hobbit in three different models. Each one has the same exact play elements but each one has a bit different “flavor” for collectors and commercial operator."

And this was obviously posted after expo as it references the multiple versions, so as recently as 1 1/2 months ago it was stated as mid December.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I never heard the 17th but dec/jan has been around for some time.
Pinball News
Date: 16th January, 2014
Less than 24 hours since Jersey Jack Pinball announced an investment in the company by a private equity firm, they have released more details of their second game - The Hobbit.
The last update showed the cabinet and backbox artwork, but today we get to see a first look at an early whitewood for the game which is still around 11 months away from production. In addition, we can bring you some sample video animations for use on the backbox LCD monitor

U never heard anything cause u never ordered either

#46 4 years ago

At least jacks here talking.. Got talk to skit b or jpop lol

#47 4 years ago

I woudn't expect delivery before Q3 2015

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

At least jacks here talking.. Got talk to skit b or jpop lol

Why are you bringing up any other company? Ridiculous.

Jack is always "talking". The problem is you cant trust a word he says unfortunately. Sorry to be blunt but Jack has a long history of missed dates and broken promises. There are zero (good) excuses for not having this game done in 2 years time. For Gods sake, this game was originally supposed to be ready in June/July before the studio moved the release date. Once again, terrible management.

The biggest change needed in this game is still there ... a bodyless Smaug whose head looks just okay at best. Such a shame.

And IF this game comes out in March ... will Lawlor's game still come in 2015 and compete with TH sales? That investor better get more money lined up to keep JJP going.

#49 4 years ago

Are we gonna get some pictures and video of this near completed game? I'd like to see what im buying.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

Why are you bringing up any other company? Ridiculous.
Jack is always "talking". The problem is you cant trust a word he says unfortunately. Sorry to be blunt but Jack has a long history of missed dates and broken promises. There are zero (good) excuses for not having this game done in 2 years time. For Gods sake, this game was originally supposed to be ready in June/July before the studio moved the release date. Once again, terrible management.
The biggest change needed in this game is still there ... a bodyless Smaug whose head looks just okay at best. Such a shame.
And IF this game comes out in March ... will Lawlor's game still come in 2015 and compete with TH sales? That investor better get more money lined up to keep JJP going.

Lol. CraZ4pin is back ladies and gentlemen. And Oldpinster.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside