(Topic ID: 86316)

Hobbit Purchase... Please Help. All Help Appreciated.

By Geremy13

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mckayladisappointed.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Have you played WOZ?
I would wait until more than just a side on view of the White Wood can be seen
Even if you get onboard today, there are many orders in front of you, it will be 6 months or more from when production starts that you will get your game

Thank you all for this fantastic information. I have been out of town on business, and while I could have 'enjoyed' it by spending my time relaxing reading pinside.... I commited myself to getting work done. BUT, now I'm home! Yeah!........

So now I can enjoy reading all of the posts here on pinside. So, reading all of these I will have to agree, that perhaps I should wait. Even though I am SOLD on the idea, and really like the theme, I may be able to 'invest' this money and develop enough cash flow for when this game actually ships.... and decide if I like it or not.

This post that I quoted above really got me thinking. The reason is that WOZ is really a machine all of it's own... it is spectacular in it's own way, it is also revolutionary in it's presentation and technology...... It also, is simply not for me. Since I had the opportunity to play it, while being fun, I would not pay the price requested. Not that I wouldn't want to own one, but it would have to be really discounted for me to add it to our collection.

So I appreciate everyone that has taken the emotion out of this purchase for me..... which is never a good way to spend money... hard earned.... and never coming back from a Pinball purchase as I am not a 'route' owner.

Thank you all so much for your input and always informed information.

#52 10 years ago

Smart fella

If you have money when Hobbit actually exists then a Hobbit you will have.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Smart fella
If you have money when Hobbit actually exists then a Hobbit you will have.

I am actually looking forward to it. But really appreciate everyone's honest opinions that took the 'emotion' out of it.

Now need get back to studying on how to actually make this happen thru cash flow and having those purchases provide me with my luxuries instead of the 'knee-jerk' reaction of just saying hey, bank, give me some money, which they will gladly do.

But you know... knowing who you are... that this is simply, not how it's done.

I thank everybody for keeping me grounded. I will own this game. Just not right now.

#54 10 years ago

Believe it or not, a whole lot of us have had zero problem with helping Jack get his business off the ground and patiently waiting for preordered games. The constant ragging on this site has been the worst part of the whole process.

That being said, of course no one expects everyone to feel the same way. Those folks should not preorder, simple as that.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Believe it or not, a whole lot of us have had zero problem with helping Jack get his business off the ground and patiently waiting for preordered games. The constant ragging on this site has been the worst part of the whole process.
That being said, of course no one expects everyone to feel the same way. Those folks should not preorder, simple as that.

I disagree, the worst part of the preorder process is being lied to.

Guess the "process" just isn't for me.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I am so sorry, I didn't want to mislead you. I am totally a JJP fan with this business venture. In fact I am all in for any company to take a risk, provide any product that they can sell, and reap the benefits that it may provide to itself , it's customers, and employees.

I am a consistent person in that I am cautious with my money. I am 'emotionally' wanting to make this purchase. But rationally have to wait. I just don't have the excess 'fun' cash currently. But I soon will. Because I make rational decisions.. (at least for me.) I would pre-order in a hearbeat if I was at that point right now, but now I am currently not in that position.

As for the 'constant ragging' on this website... I will have to say that this is the most reliable, and the most honest opinions that I can gather. It is without a doubt priceless. I have to read a lot of reviews, forums, opinions, in my job and have to filter through all of this mess,,,,,,, and this website is definitely NOT a mess. It is priceless to me.

Undoubtedly everyone has an opinion and I don't agree with all of them, but this is the most 'civil' and informational of all websites for me personally.

Again, I didn't mean to be misleading. I support JJP whole heartedly. Wish I was in at the bottom floor. Think they are going places.... just not ready to pull the trigger yet on this one.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

If you bought Netflix stock when people pre-ordered WOZ, that $7,500 would have been worth $65,000.

Please tell me what I should invest $7500 in tomorrow to have $65,000 in 8 months. I look forward to your insight.

#58 10 years ago

hahahah me as well! Love these kinda "rational" thoughts sounds like Jack Handy!

#59 10 years ago

Think of all the good things and bad things that can happen if you buy or wait. If you buy (preorder), the goodest thing is you get a game. The baddest thing is that you lose all your money, and second-to-baddest is that you don't like the game play when you get the game.

In that case, there is no upside worth risking the downside.

If you wait, downside is that you might have to pay a few hundred more than if you preordered. The upside is that you get to play the game and make sure you like it before you buy it. Plus, you will never lose all your money, and you won't have to be frustrated and kick your dog when the delivery schedule moves around by a couple years-ish.

In that case, the downside is so low, there's no reason to put your money at risk.

Your list may vary. But the guys and girls are spot on when they suggested you take the preorder money and buy yourself another game to play for two or three years and then sell it if Hobbit gets made and if you like it.

#60 10 years ago

There really is virtually no pinball you "need" to pre order or even worry about acquiring down the road op. after 20 years in this hobby prices go up and down and now.....even machines that were out of your price range are getting reproduced! Its a good time for us all to be in this Hobby Welcome!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Please tell me what I should invest $7500 in tomorrow to have $65,000 in 8 months. I look forward to your insight.

By law, he will have to mail you a prospectus first.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I disagree, the worst part of the preorder process is being lied to.
Guess the "process" just isn't for me.

Solution: don't pre-order. how many times can we have the same discussion over and over again.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Solution: don't pre-order. how many times can we have the same discussion over and over again.

Better solution is the seller should not offer pre-ordering if they are going to lie to those customers.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Good diversion.

But the issue is not the preorder... It's the bullshit.

Some of us are just warning the OP that a preorder with JJP requires serious coping mechanisms.

I look forward to giving Jack my money for a Hobbit. Can't wait. I think the dude really is passionate about this & he's working hard. It's just too damn bad he didn't keep it real with folks over the years. That's my take on the subject & the OP asked for opinions.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Banker powder. It can be purchased in 2.2lb increments. It makes ladies dance & gentlemen plot ridiculous plans.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There really is virtually no pinball you "need" to pre order or even worry about acquiring down the road op. after 20 years in this hobby prices go up and down and now.....even machines that were out of your price range are getting reproduced! Its a good time for us all to be in this Hobby Welcome!

Back on Topic:

Thank you all for the kind advice. It is always appreciated. And thank you for the 'Welcome' into the hobby. It is one I thoroughly enjoy. Am learning everyday, and helps me relax very much. Now I'm off to kick some 'Tron' butt.... more precisely 'Quorra'...

And if that fails..... I will enjoy rockin' to some AC/DC...

And if that fails....... I will spend some quality time 'talking' with the wife, listening and listening, to all of the wonderful interesting things she has to share......

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Banker powder. It can be purchased in 2.2lb increments. It makes ladies dance & gentlemen plot ridiculous plans.

Do you mean the Eric Clapton song?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

But the issue is not the preorder... It's the bullshit.

Take your panties off Curly, time to get over it after 3 yrs.! Fire up the PS4 or crackpipe……..hehe

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Take your panties off Curly, time to get over it after 3 yrs

3 years lol

I bet it hits 4+ years for some

178 business days or so until Christmas 2014

Quoted from iceman44:

Fire up the PS4 or crackpipe……..hehe

That's an insult, I gave up play station years ago lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-purchase-please-help-all-help-appreciated/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.