(Topic ID: 111431)

Hobbit Prototype at Automated Services Open House!

By JerseyJen

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mummite
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1249_pic4_org.jpg
automated 1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

JJP Distributor, Automated Services, will be hosting a Holiday Open House event on Saturday, December 13th from 12-5pm in Orange, CT. Jack will be in attendance with a Hobbit Prototype Game to play!

Updated Smaug Toy and updated PF Artwork will be shown on this game for the first time!

Over 100 pinballs on free play, giveways, pizza and soda will be served from 12:30-2:30 and Jack will be available to answer questions, sign items and more!

To be entered into a door prize drawing, please RSVP to [email protected]!

Automated Services
163 Boston Post Road
Orange, CT 06477
203-795-4440

automated 1.jpgautomated 1.jpg
#2 9 years ago

We do see the new PF art - sweet. Sure wish the VUK didn't stick out that much. But all in all, looking nice!

#3 9 years ago

I know the thing between the speakers is supposed to be just a sticker, but it sure looks like there might be more going on there...

#4 9 years ago

I thought it may be a sticker after all, then I thought it would provide lighting effects, like fire, or perhaps the arkenstone?

#5 9 years ago

Mike puts on a heck of a party. Don't miss this one.

LTG : )

#6 9 years ago

This is 10 minutes from my house

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sure wish the VUK did stick out that much.

Looks like it does.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like it does.

Oops. My bad. Changed to didn't

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I know the thing between the speakers is supposed to be just a sticker, but it sure looks like there might be more going on there......

Rick,

Sure looks like a reflector or light to me too on close-up. My distributor told me it was a decal too based on what he saw at Expo, but could it be possible JJP has another surprise for us?

#10 9 years ago

It's going to be a digital camera that takes your picture when you get a high score. Don't ask me how I know.

Jen-
Is the door prize a "Must be present to win" type of thing or can we enter from 3000 miles away?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

It's going to be a digital camera that takes your picture when you get a high score. Don't ask me how I know

That's what I always thought it might be. Camera or a Flasher. Both are cool ideas

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Camera are cool ideas

That's for sure.

1249_pic4_org.jpg1249_pic4_org.jpg
#13 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.

1249_pic4_org.jpg 200 KB

Photomat unit. Holy crap!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This is 10 minutes from my house.

So no "wish you were closer" then?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.

1249_pic4_org.jpg 200 KB

With the LCD, the camera seems like a definite possibility.

And the Cosmic Princess needs to lay off the H. Seriously, she looks like Iggy Pop.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

With the LCD, the camera seems like a definite possibility.

I'm sure someone can word this better than me, but I think Alex has stated in the past that the option for wireless connectivity is built into JJP's core programing, but it just hasn't been utilized yet. All it would require is a simple USB wireless hub plugged in. Then you could get access to the internet to directly download code updates, download a worldwide score leaderboard, or if a camera was implemented, potentially upload or download photos or video of your gameplay.

This is really a great idea, and the next step in pinball innovation. I hope there's still a chance for a secret final reveal for it's implementation on The Hobbit, or at the very least on Lawlor's pin.

#17 9 years ago

I never posted a "wish I was closer" answer to a thread, but by golly this one deserves one!!

#18 9 years ago

I'm just excited to hack your cameras and leave them broadcasting all the time.

Can't wait to see what you freaks do in the privacy of your own homes.

#19 9 years ago

Who leaves their games on all day?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just like the laptop camera hack, you think your notebook is off, but it's watching and listening to you......bwhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

#21 9 years ago

Could it be where the machine number will be printed for the SE and LE? WOZ had it on the apron, but that doesn't look like a possibility with The Hobbit.

Quoted from Rick432:

I know the thing between the speakers is supposed to be just a sticker, but it sure looks like there might be more going on there...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

My GF, she thinks it's "pretty"...not kidding

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

My GF, she thinks it's "pretty"...not kidding

So do I. Whoops! There goes my man card...

#24 9 years ago

Looking forward to see the new Smaug and playfield art and who knows some more updates. Very excited and hope to see pictures and videos soon

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Don't ask me how I know.

I truly don't know what it's going to be. I just don't want you guys to ask since I can't back it up! But with the way some of you are spinning the idea, it sounds like it'd be a pretty neat feature.

Maybe Jack saw that one pin(different from the one vid posted) at PAGG that had the Polaroid camera in it that took your picture when you got the grand champion score and took the idea and ran with it.

#26 9 years ago

I'm like 45 mins away. So is it worth it to go? The kid that runs the store is difficult.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

The kid that runs the store is difficult.

You ain't going to see the kid.

Go see 100 pins on free play, the Hobbit, and Jack and Mike !

LTG : )©

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And Me!

#29 9 years ago

Agree Isaac is difficult. Mike is a good guy. Been good to the community here. Wish I wasn't busy this weekend. Have fun taxman and let me know how it was.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm sure someone can word this better than me, but I think Alex has stated in the past that the option for wireless connectivity is built into JJP's core programing, but it just hasn't been utilized yet. All it would require is a simple USB wireless hub plugged in. Then you could get access to the internet to directly download code updates, download a worldwide score leaderboard, or if a camera was implemented, potentially upload or download photos or video of your gameplay.
This is really a great idea, and the next step in pinball innovation. I hope there's still a chance for a secret final reveal for it's implementation on The Hobbit, or at the very least on Lawlor's pin.

The score thing is a cool idea in theory, but is guaranteed to be ruined in short order by some idiot or another just hitting stuff with the glass off. All the other things would work well though, tie it into facebook so it can post messages or all kinds of other stuff.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Looking forward to see the new Smaug and playfield art and who knows some more updates. Very excited and hope to see pictures and videos soon

I'm guessing we've seen these already. If we are lucky we might get teeth on Smaug as far as new stuff goes, hopefully there is lots more, I'm still not happy with where the book/LCD is.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Agree Isaac is difficult. Mike is a good guy. Been good to the community here. Wish I wasn't busy this weekend. Have fun taxman and let me know how it was.

Its next week end.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Its next week end.

Thats what I mentNephews birthday in Maine.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm just excited to hack your cameras and leave them broadcasting all the time.
Can't wait to see what you freaks do in the privacy of your own homes.

Knowing this pinball crowd, I can think of no better defense against camera hacking than the knowledge that the hacker would be subjected to seeing what pinball freaks do in the privacy of their own homes (in front of a pinball machine).

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This is 10 minutes from my house

It's 19 hours 29 min. away for me according to MapQuest.

Wish I was closer

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your absolutely right of course. It does sound awesome and there will probably be a whole lot of great people there. I would also like to play WOZ and the Hobbit since I have never played them yet.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

It's 19 hours 29 min. away for me according to MapQuest.
Wish I was closer

Mapquest?!? Awesome!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So no "wish you were closer" then?

No. Loving it and going.

I learned to love and fix pins in his warehouses long ago. An old friend Abe (RIP) use to sit with me for hours and talk Pins to EM gun games.

I don't need a reason to go but I'll use it, sounds like fun.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I'm guessing we've seen these already. If we are lucky we might get teeth on Smaug as far as new stuff goes, hopefully there is lots more, I'm still not happy with where the book/LCD is.

We seen it already, but not integrated in the game (at least I didn't).

Quoted from JerseyJen:

Updated Smaug Toy and updated PF Artwork will be shown on this game for the first time!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

The score thing is a cool idea in theory, but is guaranteed to be ruined in short order by some idiot or another just hitting stuff with the glass off. All the other things would work well though, tie it into facebook so it can post messages or all kinds of other stuff.

You could deter this from happening by using proximity switches or some sort of opto switch to verify the glass is on or off. Just a thought...

#41 9 years ago

I hope it isn't a camera....

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I hope it isn't a camera....

Gun to my head, I'de take a camera over a sticker. Would rather have a Smaug fire breathing light though.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

You could deter this from happening by using proximity switches or some sort of opto switch to verify the glass is on or off. Just a thought...

Oh another light bulb moment, maybe it could sync with "the video camera" and high scores have videos associated with them, then if they cheated you'd see it in the video and they would loose there spot. Just have to make sure no rubber bands on the outlanes

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I hope it isn't a camera.

It is a camera...that takes a picture of the person playing the game and superimposes the person's head on the body of an orc displayed on the LCD in the backbox during gameplay.

Or else it is a camera connected to facial recognition software wifi-ed to the FBI database. Any wanted criminal plays a game and the Feds are informed of the game's, and therefore his, location.

Or else...maybe it isn't a camera after all.

#45 9 years ago

Or else it is a camera connected to facial recognition software wifi-ed to the FBI database. Any wanted criminal plays a game and the Feds are informed of the game's, and therefore his, location.

If that were the case I would ask for a refund. I don't drive a car with OnStar either

#46 9 years ago

Nope. None of the above. Nada.

Comes with camera and WiFi connection. Allows Jack to use a generic password to gain access to camera and look around the basement / gameroom at his leisure. .. For no other purpose but to test the technology.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nope. None of the above. Nada.
Comes with camera and WiFi connection. Allows Jack to use a generic password to gain access to camera and look around the basement / gameroom at his leisure. .. For no other purpose but to test the technology.

LOL Don't start that rumor (Even though it might be true.. <Evil Laugh> j/k

#48 9 years ago

Camera and Wi/Fi for updates would be really cool, new and innovative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-prototype-at-automated-services-open-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.