40%
  • I am NOT pre-ordering but may buy one when they are relased. 32 votes
    20%
  • Will have to wait and see how WOZ does and if Hobbit is on time. 22 votes
    14%
  • Too much money for my budget. 42 votes
    26%

(161 votes)

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Why move up, because I would rather not wait till the end of production. Not really concerned with what # I get. I also plan on keeping LOTR to go along side it. My main reason would be I love the theme, can't wait for the movie and feel JJP will put out a higher quality pin than stern will. I know at the moment its vaporware but I felt much more comfortable waiting for the Hobbit than getting another Stern comic/movie theme I really dont care for.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballAddiction:

I wonder if JJP will get an advanced look at the final 2 movies since the pin will encompass all 3.

Jack's email to WOZ said the machine will be based on all three movies. It will probably be a small group with non-disclosure that gets to see them. If that is the case, we might not be able to see advance art but we do know how the story ends.

#53 11 years ago

I'm wondering if the order_nr says something about how many already sold?

#54 11 years ago

No word yet but there are 37 that said yes here that answered the poll. I have seen a lot that said they are in already so I would bet there is over 100 sold easy. Curious to know the real number sold so far.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

No word yet but there are 37 that said yes here that answered the poll. I have seen a lot that said they are in already so I would bet there is over 100 sold easy. Curious to know the real number sold so far.

Well, Starbase said he was #1173, and its safe to assume they started handing out numbers to non-WOZ buyers starting with 1001. So that means at least 173 new JJP customers, plus whoever has doubled down from the sub-#1001 WOZ owners club. I would say they've probably sold a few hundred total, but that's only a guess.

Like many of you, I'm still on the fence.

#56 11 years ago

The 173 is probably a really good guess for new orders plus a few higher numbers picked. Of the 1,000 WOZ buyers I know many are in on Hobbit, more than I expected with all the noise about how Jack started selling #2 before #1 shipped. I would not be surprised if they have sold 400-500.

On the fence as well.

#57 11 years ago

Oh just to clarify, I picked 1173 and was not given that #. I doubt very highly that they were filled to that number. I will make my January payment in December and than ask for the lowest number available.

#58 11 years ago

Did you ask for the lowest # or just any number?

#59 11 years ago

I have WOZLE#119 and put the deposit down for THLE#119....

#60 11 years ago

I put a deposit down on 12/3 and was given number 1085. Jen did say on the phone that new customers were getting assigned numbers higher than 1000 so WOZ owners could reserve their same number.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I am definitely more interested in their second pin that’s for sure (because of title yes but more importantly to see all the things they learned from the first game); however, I cannot even think about buying until game is finished to play to determine if I truly like it and if WOZ succeeds with the company. I think there second pin should go more smoothly and that they came across a lot of obstacles on their first one which they did not expect. I still think WOZ appears to look amazing with all the details and advanced technology but still appears to be too slow and I hope The Hobbit is faster and with more ramps which are my favorite part of pinball. I had a feeling they would get this title. Even TZ plays fast. I am also curious what new things Stern will do if any to their games once WOZ comes out. If all of JJP games are wide body and Sterns are normal width maybe nothing will change since there so different. In any event it is still good for any pinball fan to have more companies. Yes, I want Stern to do an orginal theme or JJP pinball as well but lets face it there is just more money in it for them by not doing one.

If there is any way you can play WOZ at a JJP distributor, you might want to do so. I do not feel that it is slow after playing it. It is not IM or JM by any means, but it is not slow. I have no skin in the game for TH either.

#62 11 years ago

I can't preorder on theme alone. I would much rather see them do an original theme, but I guess you can't sell those in these times.

#63 11 years ago

I think Hobbit is an appealing theme but, I can wait until it releases to see how it looks and plays before buying. Besides, I would like to use the cash for other things over the next 2 years. Just not a fan of these pinball manufactures acting as my bank.

#64 11 years ago

I called Jack and preordered last week. I've always been a huge Tolkien fan and so for me the theme alone was enough. It will look nice next to my LotR

#65 11 years ago

Movie is getting mixed reviews. Three hours for the first installment? It was one book.

#66 11 years ago

I have money down but might, just might, reconsider if the film is a dog. I love Tolkien (and the Inklings generally), so it is a natural for me. I have high hopes that JJP will do JRR justice!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Absolutely...and JJP will be sworn to silence.

That's not the way licensing works. I worked on a Star Wars Episode 3 web site and signed my life away to lucas films. They didn't send us anything that wasn't available publicly.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

That's not the way licensing works. I worked on a Star Wars Episode 3 web site and signed my life away to lucas films. They didn't send us anything that wasn't available publicly.

I think with something like a website that is quickly updatable will not get much but something like a pin is different. Star Wars Pin2000 they got access to a ton of stuff and sworn to secrecy.

#69 11 years ago

At Least we have pictures of Avengers, and I dont ask for money up front, THey say they want it and I hold it for them once they arrive in about two weeks not two years.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Did you ask for the lowest # or just any number?

I asked for 1173 I am sure there were earlier numbers available. Again with all the people passing I won't be the only one moving up it seems.

Can't say I don't have my worries that I may end up with no game and a large deposit with very little recourse to get my money back. I hope woz is a success because if not I don't see how they can survive till game 2 if the first game is not a home run with operators and collectors. Sometimes you gotta take a risk and that's me with this purchase.

#71 11 years ago

The build of WOZ versus Avengers really makes me think. WOZ looks so solid, no nasty cheap bits. But I like the way modern Stern's play. Ideally I want WOZ type build and fast Stern gameplay.

So, right now I think Avengers is too much money relative to quality.

And I am not yet convinced gameplay of WOZ.

Like Hobbit but how can you get humor in this game?

For the amount of money NIB are right now, neither company quite ticking enough boxes for me......yet.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The build of WOZ versus Avengers really makes me think. WOZ looks so solid, no nasty cheap bits. But I like the way modern Stern's play. Ideally I want WOZ type build and fast Stern gameplay.
So, right now I think Avengers is too much money relative to quality.
And I am not yet convinced gameplay of WOZ.
Like Hobbit but how can you get humor in this game?
For the amount of money NIB are right now, neither company quite ticking enough boxes for me......yet.

Good observation.

#73 11 years ago

Im in for thle #12.....think JJP will have learned quite a bit from building #1. Not crazy about woz theme...but the hobbit is a theme i like. Another leap of faith in hopes the gameplay will be worthwhile. No doubt the machine will look great and the new technology will lend itself to be a bit special...heres hoping.

#74 11 years ago

I'm in for WOZ ECLE #825 and TH LE #825. I will keep my LOTR when WOZ arrives , but sell it shortly after to help fund TH. Two pins are about all I can manage at once. I think two JJP pins will be more interesting than keeping two with a Tolkien theme. Like playernumber4, I think LOTR just might seem dated next to the new JJP pins.

Post edited by txstargazer3 : spelling

#75 11 years ago

I just screwed up the vote too....I had put "too much money for me" but just talked myself into changing my mind and ordering it. And I was stone sober too!

I love the thought of Hobbit LE and WOZLE sitting side by side in their own little spot of the basement away from the other games.

#76 11 years ago

Got my Hobbit LE on order. Will have matching numbers with my WOZ LE. To me this the biggest no brainer all year. I only started collecting pins 1 month ago. It started with a LOTR LE. Now i have ACDC BIBLE, SM LE, and will have HULK LE too. Once this was announced, boom. Cant wait to see the movie! Will look great beside my LOTR LE

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Monkey:

Got my Hobbit LE on order. Will have matching numbers with my WOZ LE. To me this the biggest no brainer all year. I only started collecting pins 1 month ago. It started with a LOTR LE. Now i have ACDC BIBLE, SM LE, and will have HULK LE too. Once this was announced, boom. Cant wait to see the movie! Will look great beside my LOTR LE

Wow... I don't know what to say. 4 LE's in 4 weeks, with 2 on more on order (I am counting Hulk as being here already).

I guess congratulations; but from a lontime collector's point of view the mind boggles.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

the mind boggles

...and the prices rise.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

...and the prices rise.

Good point. As long as you have new collectors jumping in snapping up pins at that rate, prices will continue to climb across the board. So much for the bubble popping as some were hoping for..LOL.

#80 11 years ago

I bet after that movie comes out sales will climb
more if the movie is a hit and not a dud

#81 11 years ago

I put my deposit in and secured #415. I played WOZ at PPE and am excited for it to show up in a few months hopefully. I think my money is safe.

#82 11 years ago

With no I for action except theme, why is anyone buying? Are you guys also TSPP fans?

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

With no I for action except theme, why is anyone buying? Are you guys also TSPP fans?

I consider TSPP to be the greatest pin produced. So yes, I am a Simpsons fan and have TH ordered.

#84 11 years ago

Im in for WoZ but not for TH. I will not allow myself to be pressured into laying more money down before I even get the first product from JJP. If they dont want to hold my LE # for that duration of time then they will just lose my sale. Pretty pathetic considering the pin wont be released for another year and a half. The journey for WoZ has been a long one and now seems it will end on a sad note for me. This is the first time I have commented on the ordeal but with the Dec. 15th deadline looming I dont see it going down any other way for me at this point.

#85 11 years ago

So #1,000 thru 1,500 are available to US buyers? I had thought those were for export only. Bad assumption?

#86 11 years ago

Thanks for all the orders I still have 1062 thru 1065 for sale. Deposits PP or checks sent for others, thanks for all your business. Hope to meet some of you Friday at Open House
www.buddyspinballs.com

#87 11 years ago

I can't deny that TH as a theme really speaks to me, but i will never put down that much money down on a pin i haven't seen pics from. And let's face it, july 2014 is a LONG way of. I'll just abide my time and if the LE's are sold out will go for a HUO or even a standard one. Because with 1500!! LE's available i'm pretty sure there will be available when the time comes.
The only way i believe all those LE's will be actually sold out is that when the pics are released, they blow everyone away.

Experience tells me there will always be some (a lot?) for sale when al is said an done.
And the standard ones are like the premiums that Stern crancks out. Just the same game, but with less bling. And i'm ok with that if it really comes to that.

#88 11 years ago

Its only a 500 step up at present to secure to spot.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Why move up, because I would rather not wait till the end of production. Not really concerned with what # I get. I also plan on keeping LOTR to go along side it. My main reason would be I love the theme, can't wait for the movie and feel JJP will put out a higher quality pin than stern will. I know at the moment its vaporware but I felt much more comfortable waiting for the Hobbit than getting another Stern comic/movie theme I really dont care for.

I have to agree on all points here.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I guess congratulations; but from a lontime collector's point of view the mind boggles.

Haha what do you mean

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from Monkey:

Haha what do you mean

Hmm one month, and like 40k in pins? Hey look at me....instant collection...and probably barely know how to take the glass out...that's my take on it haha. Or is it just jealousy??

If I took ALL the pins I've ever owned, maybe 15 or so, it still wouldn't be even close to 40k-50k haha

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm in for WOZ ECLE #825 and TH LE #825. I will keep my LOTR when WOZ arrives , but sell it shortly after to help fund TH. Two pins are about all I can manage at once. I think two JJP pins will be more interesting than keeping two with a Tolkien theme. Like playernumber4, I think LOTR just might seem dated next to the new JJP pins.

I beginning to feel that way too...for the long run picture for me of 5 or 6 pins max...and with WOZ, TH, BHZA and LOTR LE for sure that means the unthinkable that SM will be on a pallet and out the door at some point!

Out with the old and in with the new........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-pre-order/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.