2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrawlinson_2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi all, just wondering if other v2.0 Hobbit owners are getting this.

I have a strange issue since upgraded to Hobbit v2.0, what is happening is;

The spider beast (lower left) mech is staying up too long when the ball is in the kick-back as such it hits the side of the mech when launched back into the playfield.
Conversely to that the Goblin beast (upper left) mech is staying up not long enough to hit it, what happens is the ball goes over the roll-over so the Goblin pops up and just as I hit the ball with the flipper it pops back down before I can hit it!

Annoying or what.

Anyone else getting this?

I'm sure all was fine with the previous version of the code.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If you power the game down and manually push the spider up from underneath the playfield does it fall instantly or does it hang? It almost sounds like the mech is rubbing or binding which is mechanical.
As far as the goblin, go into the test, full menu, test, device test, beast pop up. Select the goblin and see if when he is activated if the actual creature switch is already active. You might need to adjust this switch manually.
I think the upgrade to 2.0 and this issue are just coincidental.
Let me know what you find.

Thanks for the assistance.

Upon investigation I indeed found the Goblin switch to be too sensitive, so I enlarged the gap, I also noticed that when the beasts pop up they sway as such have been triggering.

I also found that if I pushed the mechs up by hand the Spider mech was not as smooth at dropping as the other three beasts, I could not really see a where it was catching.
I therefore detached the plunger to at least isolate the mech or the plunger runing through the coil plastic, both appeared fine, so I reassembled only to find the mech would no longer go up by hand.
In the end it appeared that the nut that kept the plunger attached to the mech needed to be a tad looser, then the mech worked and runs as it should do, it must have tightened over time.

Anyway all working now so thanks for assistance all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrawlinson_2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside