You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown.jpeg
Hobbit playfield slings.jpg
Plastics.jpg
1405483595292.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Surprised no one posted this yet.. from yesterday.

1405483595292.jpg1405483595292.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Wow! Awesome. Where did you find that picture at?

#3 9 years ago

Must be a secret.

#4 9 years ago

Here comes the flood.

#5 9 years ago

The sword into the circle that's in the pile of parts at the bottom center reminds me of something very similar in the upper playfield of Swords of Fury.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow! Awesome. Where did you find that picture at?

I'm wondering the same thing...where did you get this?

--Luke

#7 9 years ago

It's interesting to compare these to the playfield art and schematics and see where they all fit in.

--Luke

#8 9 years ago

Those do not look real!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Those do not look real!

Look real enough to me. The sword is obviously a promo plastic, has the pinballsales.com URL and phone number. Slingshots have the slot cut out for the moving axes. Art style matches the photoshopped PR look of everything else. I can't see any red flags for being fake, though I have no inside knowledge one way or another, and the source is a mystery.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if these were real.

#10 9 years ago

looks really cool, what is the source of that picture?

#11 9 years ago

I tweeted it two days ago.....

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Looks like I need to start using Twitter! haha

Thanks for the picture, Jack. The plastics are looking good.

#13 9 years ago

Cannot make a good judgement based on that picture.

Looks though that they made the four 'trap' decals all different Maybe this says something about
the playfield art too......

#15 9 years ago

Looked through them again, they looks great, its cool to pick out where some of the plastics will go, the axes look to be made of plastics and look cool. I like the elvish writing on the peice that will in between the inlane and outlane, looks like it will go well with the artwork in that area. Some of the pieces I can't place, like the large long piece with the guy with the bow and then the dwarfs towards the top of that plastic. The piece right next to the guy with the bow and arrow seems like it might go in the bag end area, it just looks like the shire to me.

Overall very pleased and looks like things are coming together!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Some of the pieces I can't place, like the large long piece with the guy with the bow and then the dwarfs towards the top of that plastic.

Next to the upper flipper.

Quoted from fluffybunny:

The piece right next to the guy with the bow and arrow seems like it might go in the bag end area, it just looks like the shire to me.

Yup...looks like that's where it fits (by the shape). Pretty blank plastic, though...is there going to be a Bag End toy on top of it?

Quoted from fluffybunny:

Overall very pleased and looks like things are coming together!

Agreed!

--Luke

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

what's Pat working on?

I'm not a "what's next" kinda guy but I have already set my money aside for this one.

#18 9 years ago

Exciting! Jack any chance we'll see the dragon on the playfield before the pin ships?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Some of the pieces I can't place, like the large long piece with the guy with the bow and then the dwarfs towards the top of that plastic.

Those aren't dwarfs on that piece. It's The Master & Alfrid from Laketown, with Bard drawing his arrow on the bottom

#20 9 years ago

It was also posted on the JJP Facebook feed today.

Looks nice to me!

Chris

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Slingshots have the slot cut out for the moving axes

And they added a photo of Dwalin so it appears he's holding & swinging the axe when the slingshot is active. Nice touch!

#22 9 years ago

Here's a map of where they go. The only one I don't see in the picture is the Smaug plastic. Also, I can't tell where the plastic that says "HOBBIT" goes.

--Luke

Plastics.jpgPlastics.jpg

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Also, I can't tell where the plastic that says "HOBBIT" goes.

My guess is nowhere, and it's a promo extra they could fit on the sheet.

#24 9 years ago

Aren't there 3 different slingshot plastics?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That was my initial thought, too.

--Luke

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm thinking it is as well. WOZ has a similar looking plastic of the same shape and style with the JJP logo on it.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Aren't there 3 different slingshot plastics?

In the picture? I can't really tell. In the map, the upper slingshot is located in the big long plastic on the left (you can see the slot for the axe).

--Luke

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm thinking it is as well. WOZ has a similar looking plastic of the same shape and style with the JJP logo on it.

Oh, cool. I didn't know that.

--Luke

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

In the picture? I can't really tell. In the map, the upper slingshot is located in the big long plastic on the left (you can see the slot for the axe).
--Luke

Not sure, but looks like 2 dark blue ones and one brown one

Hobbit playfield slings.jpgHobbit playfield slings.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Not sure, but looks like 2 dark blue ones and one brown one

It's hard to tell, but the two top ones that you highlighted may be the same plastic.

--Luke

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

It's hard to tell, but the two top ones that you highlighted may be the same plastic.
--Luke

Indeed hard to tell.

On second thought I also think the blue ones and the brown ones are the same slings.
Brown one left sling and blue one right sling.

#32 9 years ago

I certainly hope that battle ax shown isn't the sling battle axe. I had hoped for more than a simple 2D plastic for that. Kinda cheesy if that's all the sling ax turns out to be. Give me a custom injection molded plastic please for 7.5K, or at least something recycled from some toy company.

#33 9 years ago

I'd wager those are the sling axes. There are axe decals on the sheet which I'm guessing are for the back side of the plastic.

#34 9 years ago

Funny.. I forgot to mention they were on twitter...afraid to think where this thread would have gone if Jack didn't chime in when he did.. lol

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

so in past tense... you twatted it?

#36 9 years ago

Sweet

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'd wager those are the sling axes. There are axe decals on the sheet which I'm guessing are for the back side of the plastic.

Ugh, you are probably right.

#38 9 years ago

Seems more of a tease then a pic showing plastics you would have a hard time showing part of all but not all of any without it being on purpose.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

I certainly hope that battle ax shown isn't the sling battle axe. I had hoped for more than a simple 2D plastic for that. Kinda cheesy if that's all the sling ax turns out to be. Give me a custom injection molded plastic please for 7.5K, or at least something recycled from some toy company.

I noticed that and was wondering the same thing. If it was a molded peice I would be a bit more concerned about durability, and the playfield plastic piece down the road is a much easier replaced piece than a custom injection molded piece.

#40 9 years ago

here you go ek77

#41 9 years ago

Look very dark and brown. It can't be the ones they are going with because this and playfield artwork is going to look a bit amateurish. Not sure what they are on this one compared to WOZ.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Look very dark and brown. It can't be the ones they are going with because this and playfield artwork is going to look a bit amateurish. Not sure what they are on this one compared to WOZ.

It will change with lighting.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Those still have the factory protective plastic on the faces of them. Take a look at any plastic set and they're very different with the protective stuff still on.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Ack, be careful what you wish for! Those are going to be on extended armatures from the slingshot mechs. Take a look at any Scared Stiff and see what the weight of the boogey men have done to the slingshot mech. They're just rubber finger puppets and it still rips the screws out from under the playfield over time. Every SS I've done had to be repaired, not just toothpicks and glue, but a hole cut with a forstners bit, and a new hardwood dowel piece glued back into the playfield to be able to support them properly.

Keep the weight down to as little as possible for those axes!

(Also, since they're just part of the plastic set, they'll be far easier and cheaper to replace in the future. You know they're going to take damage from air balls. Heck, go price a set of *original* SS Boogeymen and you'll see what I'm saying)

#45 9 years ago

Wait until the entire machine's assembled to see how all the parts look when they're together. I'm sure it will look great. Judging a few small pieces lying on a table seems pretty silly.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Seems more of a tease then a pic showing plastics you would have a hard time showing part of all but not all of any without it being on purpose.

I bet u didn't order this game either?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

He might be waiting for the remake.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I don't order games I buy them.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Those are going to be on extended armatures from the slingshot mechs.

Really ? In one of the videos, the axe appeared to have several movements - motorized ?

LTG : )™
Disclaimer : I have no idea, but the axe above in the picture looks like something else.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I don't order games I buy them.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-playfield-plastics-and-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.