axe_check_by_pervalicious-d56o9xp.png
hulk2.gif
MC1987.jpg
thumbs_up_britgif.gif
Hobbit_PF_fixed_by_Kingpin.jpg
images.jpg
baywatch.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Casey_Bryson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 10 years ago

Here's what it SHOULD have looked like. FIXED!

Hobbit_PF_fixed_by_Kingpin.jpgHobbit_PF_fixed_by_Kingpin.jpg

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Personally, I like it the way it the way the designers have drawn it just fine.
Even thought the left outlane looks deadly, it should be fun, as long as it's reasonable to requalify the kickback once it gets used. Reminds me a bit of STTNG, where relighting the kickback becomes priority one once you use it. On STTNG, as long as your aim is decent (and it isn't one of the lowest Klingon or Ferengi targets), you have a fighting chance, which is half the fun.
Nudging, which seems the point of your redesign might not be necessary if the kickback can be (re)qualified relatively easily. Then it becomes a testament to skill. Worst case, if you wanted it really lenient, there could be a software setting that requalifies the kickback after a brief timeout without even having to hit targets or what not.
-Jim

I find that the with two double inlanes it's not deadly enough and if anything it's just incredibly boring- way too symmetrical to be interesting from a visual or ball movement stand point. The only deadly aspect would come from a power drain off top of the right sling, but that happens regardless of the outlane setup and you still have a kickback with the original drawing.

I just think if it's going to be a widebody, make use of it like the homage to classic SS games (Fathom and Embryon) that I drew up. It seems that Joe just went the opposite direction and wants the bottom third to play more like a slim body--Stern already makes enough of those for everyone.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dude. That would be awesome. Wonder if Lyman is going to do something like that in Metallica or if he's just gonna use color changers to be song based like ACDC

Nothing new under the sun. Steve Ritchie said AC/DC would use the RGB lights in this way before AC/DC was launched last year. IIRC the example was purple lights for EB's for the rollovers above the pops. IIRC it was on Spooky's podcast. He also mentioned an minature golf rule with the bell, but I don't think that is going to make the cut either--we shall see.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I had the exact same thought today in a thread about Paragon's asymmetrical slings.... why not take full advantage of the widebody format and do something unique?

It's pretty clear that JJP is playing it safely with the Hobbit, or at least so far with another license and a vanilla-cookie cutter PF design.

So much for all the promises Jack made. Gary pwns Jack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Casey_Bryson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-pf-pic?tu=Casey_Bryson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.