IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yfichelle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4766 5 years ago

Hi all !! Im new here because i just received my hobbit black arrow and i am very happy of this incredible pinball.

I just have a problem with my nib pinball : smaud head dont rotate... the test coil indicates that the coil stepper motor are off (colored in blue).

Smaug move only the mouth but dont rotate...

Someone has an idea ?

Thanks a lot.
Yannick

#4768 5 years ago

I have looked under the playfield but it is very difficult to see the good connector. Do you think i need to remove the entire head ?

Its really complicated for me ;o)

#4771 5 years ago

Tx LTG. Its so simple on your photo... because on my hobbit the connector are hidden and not so easily accessible. I look that this evening ;o)

#4777 5 years ago

Hello all. I am with the 2.01 code.

I play with my hobbit since 2 days and i have already done into the fire and barrel without difficulty... i thought that the hobbit was hard to play... so i think that i am missing something.

Do i really terminate theses 2 modes ? Do you put the difficulty level to hard in the settings ?

Thanks,
Yannick

#4782 5 years ago

I think i have not ended the 5 modes... i have my eyes on the balls, very hard to look the screen...

The mode must be not validated if it is not ended... it will be more difficult to advance, no ?

#4783 5 years ago

For my problem with smaug, all is ok with the connector... jjp ticket now....

2 weeks later
#4804 5 years ago

Hi all,

New problem with my hobbit pinball.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

The goblin popup doesnt work anymore – it stay closed… some times it works, sometime i just see the eyes of the goblin….

No problem with switch and coil in the test except the device test for the goblin, it doesnt work of course.

Someone had already the problem ?

Thanks,

Yannick

#4807 5 years ago

Thanks guy ) i have resolved the problem thanks to you, it was the nut and the rubber stopper ) the goblin was blocked under the playfield )

You save me again ^^

#4813 5 years ago

Yes i am sad that you can validate the 3 arkenstone mods without completed them... the best thing to do is like smaug : You dont complete into the fire, you should try again and again in the same party and validate it to make the second arkenstone mod.

#4815 5 years ago

Sure.... but finally, you complete nothing... imagine you fail at the 5th level of ITF but after that you can do something like put the ball in the 2 hole this time (not only one) to launch again ITF directly at the 5th level.... you win less point if you complete the mode but you could finish it and advance with satisfaction for Barrel to escape.... i think its better.

#4817 5 years ago

Cool )

#4847 5 years ago

I have had the same problem :

Quoted from LTG:

Be sure it isn't binding on the playfield. Below the assembly is a nut, you can loosen it and the rubber stopper above it turn upwards a little. Tighten the nut and try again.
LTG : )

I have done that and the problem is solved ;o)

1 week later
#4994 5 years ago

In arkenstone mode, at the end of each stage, the sound "jackpot" has disappeared. So it is more difficult to see that the stage is ended. Have you the same problem ?

And good job fot the update ^^ its very better like that ^^

3 weeks later
#5151 5 years ago

Hi all,

Just a simple question : when i do the 6 modes qualifiers, sometimes i have extraball, sometimes not... i dont understand why ? Someone can explain ?

Tx,
Yannick

#5154 5 years ago

Yes, but i have never the roaming drop target... except sometimes... and i dont understand why sometimes i have this roaming drop target and often i have not...

Its very not clear...

#5155 5 years ago

Ohhh !! I must complete 6 modes of each qualifier in order to have the roaming target ?

#5159 5 years ago

I spot the 6 qualifier with one ball and nothing.... the 6 are spotted and no roaming target so i think there is something special to do...

The flowchart and the rules guide dont explain nothing about this.

#5168 5 years ago

I have been champ for ITF and for all the next games, the pinball asked to enter my name again and again even if i have not been qualified for ITF (Code 2.95).

#5171 5 years ago

Hi all,

the switch 36 (orc pop hit) dont work anymore... i have seen that the wire of my orc mechanism has been cut... i have dismounted it and so i added a wire between the 2 cut wires which are connected by 2 connectors. But now, the orc is coming out well but is coming down immediatly as if it had been hit. What can be the problem ?

thank you,

Yannick

#5173 5 years ago

i try to find it... but i need to dismount again the mechanism ?

#5175 5 years ago

thanks to you, problem is solved ^^

But JJP must improved this problem. The wires for the 4 mechanism are almost all cut... Its due to the plastic (from the last kit sent by JJP) under the heads, it's pinching the wires...

I have transformed the 4 plastic with a small tool in order to have no more the problem.

Yannick

1 week later
#5184 5 years ago

Hi all,

I have a question for you. On my hobbit, is there a way to mount the flips a little bit to cushion the balls?

When the ball arrive on the lane i cant never stop it (even if the ball is slow).

Tx for your answer.
Yannick

#5186 5 years ago

Not a question to play better ;o) but i see some videos where player do nothing and the ball stop on the flip (on hobbit)... so the guy must have the pinball more flat than me.

#5194 5 years ago

Yes, if the computer boot bad : power supply or ram dont work anymore (certainly power supply).

2 months later
#5715 5 years ago

Hi monkey,
I had a plug unplugged ) and it has solved my problem.
The start button is lighted ? If the start button is not lighted, the plug is unplugged (its the same plug that the head of smaug).
Yannick

#5717 5 years ago

Ahah you have exactly my problem ;o) so its very simple to repair. Its the plug directly on the computer under the playfield. Check all the white plug, one is bad plugged ;o)

#5718 5 years ago

Dont remember which plug but one of these or the others behind the computer...

20180607_182600 (resized).jpg20180607_182600 (resized).jpg

#5722 5 years ago

Yes mine was unplugged in the back of the computer. Not on the motherboard. If the shaker works, its not a fuse or something else, its well a plug (the plug in the back which control motor, start button and the spots on the playfield).

#5775 5 years ago

Problem with the 3.0...

During smaug multiball, i was in the last stage (when we must shoot the different red targets) and suddenly, game has been completely black, shutdown and start again in 2 seconds.... party ended...

Someone has this problem ?

Yannick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yfichelle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=yfichelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.