IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3311 6 years ago

SOS. Looking for some help before I need to call LTG again. Hobbit Gold ran great for 75-100 games then it suddenly got possessed by the pinball demons?? Now when you start a game the barrel pop bumpers continue to cycle over and over..... Slowly but non stop across all three. Not sure if the cabinet got bumped as we did recently move it to a new location in my game room but not sure. Any direction or ideas would be Very much appreciated. I need to kill me some orks but my hands are tied. Thanks for any support.

#3313 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the stand up leaf blade switch behind the rubber ring past the two top pop bumpers on the upper right area. Switch #71 on page C-86 in the manual. Be sure it isn't stuck closed.
LTG : )

OK I have to say it, heck with HR or the rules. I LOVE THIS MAN! Lloyd you sir are the ambassador of good will and one of the reasons I So love this hobby!! You (not surprised at all) were 100% correct! Switch #71 was locked closed and all is fixed with one minor tweak. Sincerely, I love you, my kids now love you, and my wife loves you (don't get any ideas!). If SOME day I am able to help you with Anything you just reach out. FYI, I am the Senior manager for OMAX precision waterjet systems so if you ever need anything creative cut, I am at your call. Thank you as always and blessings to your family.

1 week later
#3360 6 years ago

Try to think of it like an MM troll bomb. With the button it's like a Virtual hit on the pop up rarget when available. No gate or anything complicated. Simply a Free hit to the pop up target.

2 months later
#3676 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Mine started looking a bit scuffed up - and I could not stand that I could see dust and debris under the protector but could not wipe it off. So, I cut the protector off - and I have liked the look so much more. And when I see dust - I can just wipe it off
I just novus 1 it a bit, and add some good wax, let dry, buff to a shine and keep on playing. I do this about every 2 months if it needs it or not. Makes the game fast as hell for about 20 games or so, and then settles down a bit to playable speeds. Overall after having PF protectors once I doubt I will get them again.
Oh, and PF looks so much more colorful and vibrant without looking at it through plastic that dulls it, and I think reflects some of the GI lighting washing out the PF even more.
EDIT: If I had one on location I would probably get the protector - and when I brought it home for good I would remove it, and have a brand new PF. In home environments you will care for it properly so I don't think the protectors are needed there. If you are concerned with an area of the PF use mylar (not cover the whole PF with plastic). Just my 2 cents.

Totally agreed and pretty much the same experience I had with a protector. Just reminded me of that plastic covered furniture of the 70's. The only time I could see a protector being a good/fair choice is for Older titles of the 80's where it would be hard to justify a tear down and cost to clear coat like BK or similar with flaking paint. Did a BK and did not like the look and constant lifting at every edge/target/drop area. Just mylar trouble areas if you really fear damage in my opinion.

1 week later
#3717 6 years ago

Since you just bought the NIB I would first verify that this wasn't already done. To my knowledge the Kit was only created for the first batches of machine Long ago that they did not see these issues. My NIB months ago had every one of these upgrades done at the factory. I believe someone mentioned a build date cut off where all were already fixed. Just a thought.

2 months later
#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I have seen a ball or two come down the right return and jump to the outlane, completely baffled me lol. Guess I will keep trying to kill Smaug then if that is the end all at this point. Thanks for the info.

Try playing with the glass On this time! Lol Good score playing this game is a love hate. From 2 minutes to 50 and never a dull moment. Enjoy.

3 months later
#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from brg126:

I just installed a Chrome Candy shooter rod, as it matches the LE almost perfectly. It looks great, BUT now it barely taps the ball at all. Seems the outer spring on the shooter rod is too big. The knob on the original shooter rod allows the spring to go into it a bit, allowing the shooter to actually hit the ball. Any idea if a smaller outer spring is available anywhere? If not the nice new shooter rod will need to go back .

Yes the spring is to long. Candy shooters offers a spring to go with your shooter so it works correctly. I had the same issue. Only a firm punch got the ball to move. Lol

3 weeks later
#4272 6 years ago

Just an update, our Hobbit plug and play barrel kits are back in stock! Hand painted with theme correct stained rope banding and waterjet cut painted arrows for game authenticity. Barrels are lined with translucent ring liners for a unique glow using any color LED (LED bulb not included). Check them out at The Mod Couple pinside marketplace store or PM me for interest! Thanks for looking!

The Mod Couple

IMG_7829 (resized).jpgIMG_7829 (resized).jpg

IMG_7824 (resized).jpgIMG_7824 (resized).jpg

IMG_7832 (resized).jpgIMG_7832 (resized).jpg

IMG_7847 (resized).jpgIMG_7847 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4384 6 years ago

Ok I may get stupidest question of the year for this but here goes...... I have had the Hobbit for close to a year now and still don't fully understand the full use of the upper right flipper? Is it primarily for the 5 drop targets or are there other values I am missing with it? Again, not a complaint just doesn't make as much sense to me as say DI or TZ. Often my wife and I just skip the upper flipper as the drop targets are easier with the lower flippers. Ok, throw rocks now....lol

#4386 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There are times when it’s helpful, but not always needed. For example, when the ball is in the bumpers and exits you may see the captive ball flash a light blue indicating it will add a kickback if hit. You only have a few seconds so using that upper flipper is likely your only shot at it. Also, when enough enough barrels are filled by the bumpers, a single DWARF target will flash light blue after exiting the bumpers...again, you only have a few seconds so the upper flipper shot is your best bet. Getting enough of those will light an extra ball. There is also the Smaug kill shot that it is used for and it’s used for the regular dragon mode. There might be other uses, but there isn’t any obvious shot for it like most games with a third flipper.

Thanks for the info and advice! Just seemed less than used but then again it's taken me close to a year to understand Half of the rules on this game...

3 weeks later
#4488 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Would something like this work to dim the leds in the backbox?
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/mtxbriteadj.htm

Trust me when I say I Love everything Comet but this dimmer is Less than useful. The adjustment screw breaks with just a fowl look lol. You can get one of these simple 12-24v dimmers on Amazon for about $6. Much better solution. Good Luck.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 2.23.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-03 at 2.23.09 PM (resized).png

#4500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I really dont like the backglass lighting. It's way too strong and blows out the shading and fine lines in the artwork. So I took Yelobirds advice and switched in a dimmer.
I used velcro and lengthened the wires. Will probably use screws which seems like a more elegant and permanent solution.

Turned out great! Nice job and thanks for sharing how you did it!

#4502 6 years ago

Not sure if it’s the video but not really a fan of what I see? Seems like every color simply washes out All color in the back glass. Especially the green which looks like they live in the land of Shrek. Personal opinion. Could just be the lighting of the video?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 25.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.