IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1340 7 years ago

I just joined the club this weekend. Played the game a bunch at ReplayFX and loved it so much I bought a SE at the show... without evening telling my wife. Luckily she loves it too:

https://www.facebook.com/theleahcrane/videos/700999696713779/

#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The se at replayfx had radcals. Is that the same one you bought? The radcals did look nice in person. Congrats BTW. You'll love it.

Yes, there was a SE available for play that had radcals, but that one was not for sale. I bought one that was NIB. Both of the NIB SEs available at the show had the standard decals, and I got one of those. The radicals looked great, but for me not enough better to make it worth ordering one when I could take one home.

#1428 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I just updated to 1.3.
The game crashed the very first game when my score was about 35K and I was just starting my very first mode with an extra ball ready to go with it.
It also crashed in the middle of either Into the Fire or Smaug Multiball. It was during a very active multiball.
I only played about 5 games and it crashed 40% of the time. Totally crappy.

A lot of us have seen similar issues and JJP pulled this update from their website already. No more day 1 software updates for me. I'm sure they will make it right soon though.

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hmmm, 1.3p has no crashing issues.
At least they'll know where to look.

Or they could just rename 1.3p to 1.31

#1440 7 years ago

I noticed code version 1.31 is now available for download from JJP

1 week later
#1615 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I haven't really followed The Hobbit development because I always thought of it as out of my range. I recently picked up a NIB Ghostbusters Pro and my wife really hates it. I thought the theme would be perfect for the kids but even with the center post addon, its just too brutal for the kids and the wife. I sold my STTNG that they didn't play in hopes of the theme/game they would play. They all play Metallica daily.
Since my Ghostbusters so far has shown no insert ghosting that many are experiencing I figured it was time to move it out and get something else that they might like better. That brings me to the hobbit. The theme is perfect for them. So without reading the whole thread and the numerous others during development can someone school me on the basics of the hobbit.
The rules sound pretty deep with 33(?) modes. I have also heard it has longer ball times? I think that is part of the problem with GB for my wife. 30-40 second ball times and laddered progression for her is a bit of a buzz kill. Like most people she wants to feel she is progressing in her game and not just draining before she accomplishes anything. She played WoZ for the first time 2 weeks ago and really liked it.
So sell me on why The Hobbit would be a good choice for a small 2 game collection, paired with Metallica. I have also watched some videos but if anyone has links to some good HD videos with nice sound, it would be appreciated. I send an email to a local distributor tonight for pricing, I hope to be joining the club soon.

I have a wife and kids also. They seem to love the JJP games (I have both) due to the large screen and animations. The nice thing about the Hobbit is it is possible to start any of the modes without getting that far into the game so, it is possible for the more novice player to see a lot more of what it has to offer. Due to the animations I think the kids also enjoy watching others play a lot more than they do with DMD games. I have a Met and love it also, but my wife and kids almost never play it. The other favorite for my wife/kids in my collection is Monster Bash, but I would admit a JJP game would probably be a better value for the same money. With anything it is best to try before you buy. I really fell in love with the Hobbit after playing it a ton at ReplayFX.

2 weeks later
#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else having this issue? The ball comes down the right wire form and as it drops through onto the play field it gets just enough spin on the ball to spiral up out of the inlane into the outlane? Happens maybe 1 out of 10 times......Any thoughts?

Yes this happens to me also. I've thought about waxing the mylar under the ramp but haven't actually tried it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.