20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider truejedi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

1) Just did my Beast mod and we put them in from underneath. Was simple. Put them in place, apply pressure fully seated and put the screws in. The screws JJP sent were wrong. I simply picked up wood screws from Ace and no issue. We immediately tested each Beast and there was no rubbing. I'd estimate the total time to install all four was less than a half hour. Have not had any jambed ball issues since.
2) Did the ramps at the same time. No issue doing the mod, getting the ramp out was about a half hour. Re-riveting was ten minutes. My ramps at 500 plays were starting to curl.
3) Bought the "new and improved" left rail for ~$100. Put it in in less than a half hour. Noted that I've had almost as many flying balls since as I had before with the old style.

I'm looking at possibly buying a Hobbit Smaug. Is there a more detailed explanation on things to look for/change? I see you've mentioned "beast mod". Is that a change or improvement and if so what's involved? TY

1 week later
#7088 4 years ago

Just picked up a NIB #667 Hobbit LE that was brought up from the states. Made in late June 2016, so I'll need to do some code update this weekend. When looking for a NIB Hobbit it was rather hard to find stock. JJP's been sold out for some time as has Canada stock. Does anyone know if manufacturing has ceased and if the license has or will be running out soon?

Also, I was trying to determine production numbers and from leafing this this thread am wondering if this is correct:

Hobbit Standard = Unknown
Hobbit LE = 1500
Hobbit Smaug = Unknown (numbered, but random - is that correct?)
Hobbit Black Arrow = 750

My sons love dragons and really enjoy playing this at league, so this will be a signifiant addition to our household. Our 2nd JJP and certainly not the last.
IMG_6308 (resized).JPGIMG_6308 (resized).JPG

#7113 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice on here. I ordered the Hobbit update kit yesterday part #. 53-005002-00. I also noticed my ball getting stuck sometimes just prior to the Smaug magnet between the break of two pieces of metal. I ended up putting in a small piece of metal tape (used on duct work) and that seems to have resolved the issue.

IMG_4437 (resized).JPGIMG_4437 (resized).JPG
#7142 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Updating is simple and 3.1 is a huge jump for this game. Just make it happen, took me all of 10 minutes.My NIB pick up last week had code of 1.X (can't recall), but it was so far back I had to do a full update rather than a delta. Most of the work was just following the instructions to format and update the USB stick. The actual update to the pin was easy and fast.

1 year later
#9408 3 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that the Smaug and Black Arrow editions show numbers on the apron, but theses are not true production numbers. Only the LE is truly a 1500 build. Does anyone know if this is true?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider truejedi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=truejedi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.