IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5111 5 years ago

The new code pushed me over the edge. I have joined the club! My NIB Black Arrow shall be delivered tomorrow. Huzzah!

#5141 5 years ago

never mind I was incorrect. Deleted post.

#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This new 2.96 code is unbelievable, WOW! It takes the game to another frickin level. I just played a 45 minute game on the new code and exhausted. Got my second highest score ever at 3.6B behind GC of 4.4B and got Barrel Escape and Into the Fire arkenstone modes. Also killed Smaug which is incredibly satisfying. This game is so damn deep and polished, it’s now my favorite pin. Amazing job on this game JJP.

I can’t tell if you’re kidding, or meant to write (m) millions instead of (b) billions. But then i saw the picture you posted of your score and now I’m worried you actually can’t read numbers?

3 weeks later
#5221 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks guys - where is the best place to learn the rules? I know google is my friend but anyone find something very concise and to the point for the NEW code?

What JJP's last stream on the Hobbit. It's on their youtube channel. They go through everything.

#5234 5 years ago

Having two issues with my Black Arrow Hobbit.

1: my plunger is inconsistent. When I first got it EVERY SINGLE FULL PLUNGE would hit the A in Dwarf. Then after a month or so it stopped doing that. Now sometimes on a full plunge there's barely enough power to hit a lock rollover and once in a blue moon it will hit the A in Dwarf. It feels like spinning the plunger rod effects this. Is there some sort of magnet or device that powers the plunger? It feels when the plunger rod is spun in certain places it "catches" and there's more power? Is it just the tip of the rod that's misshapen? I'm newish to pinball so not sure what to look for to change this, but would like my consistent plunges back.

2: The captive ball Thorin Shot gets stuck. The second ball seems to get stuck on the rails so it doesn't make full contact with the captive ball. Again, this is new and didn't do this for the first month. Should I bend the rails holding the second ball a bit so they're looser?

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#5405 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's good to hear . I felt so ripped off when I saw my name was gone I complained to my wife about it but she didn't care
And after less than 150 games the spring on the Shooter rod won't even reach the dwarf drop targets that's pretty poor.

Also check to see if the shooter is grazing the auto-kicker as it plunges. That's what happened to mine after about 100 games. I put a little mylar under the lockdown bar to raise it just a fraction of a hair and it solved that problem for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=trilamb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.