Topic Stats

• 7,703 posts
  • 508 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191020_182734 (resized).jpg
20191019_165519 (resized).jpg
thorin_pinside3_8e6865a6-4876-41f9-b3e4-bdf343de74dc_large (resized).jpg
20191018_094742 (resized).jpg
20191018_092014 (resized).jpg
20191018_143112 (resized).jpg
DSC_0004 (resized).JPG
DSC_0002 (resized).JPG
DSC_0003 (resized).JPG
DSC_0001 (resized).JPG
20190930_142733 (resized).jpg
3AB4FCA1-9B0A-47E3-A410-199B753BCACA (resized).jpeg
received_311232306261863 (resized).jpeg
20190917_192204 (resized).jpg
hob2 (resized).jpg
hob1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7514 46 days ago

No isolator on my BA hobbit, have to buy one

#7544 43 days ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

How the heck do you keep this game going with three balls. If I don't drain through Precioussss, I hit the spider and it fly's right straight through the post? Both my wife and I can't seem to get past the 900K score and as of late the scores are much worse than that. I know I'm not the most accurate shot, but I can't be this bad either... What incline degree angle should this be set to?

Just hit spider with left flipper

#7553 42 days ago

welcome here JJP's are greats, hard to return to dot's :/

#7555 41 days ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Has anyone had problems with the pop ups, well, not popping up? I've had to do some service to the warg pop up over the last few months, and I thought I'd fixed this problem when I replaced a bad up/down sw. All the parts seem to be working independently, but in game, the damn dog tries and fails to pop up!

slighly unscrew the warp assy, to see how it works with more space, if it's better, find the good location of the assy and refix it

#7559 41 days ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

I'm not sure I understand what the warp assy is, I'm also not in front of the game at the moment. I will be taking a look at it this afternoon on location, hopefully I will see the adjustment you're talking about, if not hopefully it's listed in the manual!!

It tries and fails, usually popping up about a quarter or half inch, after a few tries it stops.
Thanks to both of you for your reply!

Oh sorry read warg not warp, warg assy is the entire pop mechanism of the warg. With hand it must be easy to move up and down, compare with another working beast pop assy

1 week later
#7582 34 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hi all, hoping for some advice.
My spider mech has been sticking up and not dropping. I knw from reading this whoile thread that LGT advises finding where the mech is binding and bending a little.
The problem is i can't see anywhere it's binding. I can feel it binding at the top 10% of the stroke but can't see anything where it's touching around the mech at all.
The only places i can see where it could be binding is the two shafts, one for the coil that goes through a sleeve and one on the mecch that goes through a little plastic split collett.
I undid the mech from the coil and they both moved smoothly with no binding seperate but now i have screwed them back together the stiff ness is worse, stronger sticking qand on 20% of the stroke maybe.
Hoping someone can tell me where to look next?
Also is there a way to reroute the green/white wires? I've already fixed it once and it's a bit flattened again.[quoted image][quoted image]

Issue is two plastics touch eatch other and block here : just remove the white beast light reflector in front of them et remove some plastic
received_311232306261863 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside