IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunsfan23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10203 2 years ago

Finally got my hands on one of these games. I’m completely blown away, absolutely incredible. So underrated.

5 months later
#10880 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

The Hobbit trilogy is one of my favorite movie, i am one of them that like The Hobbit better then Lord of the rings movies.
Im so happy to have this pin and love it, for me its the best pin so far.[quoted image]

I’m the same preferring hobbit films to lotr. I really do like this game but I feel the ruleset is difficult to grasp, I wish someone would post like a 15 minute tutorial.

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

By no means 15 minutes but IE Pinball has a couple videos exploring modes that build on each other. When I was trying to learn more rules I enjoyed the Buffalo Pinball with JJP video where they have small challenges ( ). If you have any questions, I understand most of the rules at this point or someone else here can answer. Do you know how to qualify 'Into the Fire'? That would be the first step I think. Collect all beast hurry ups, start Smaug MB, rip the spinner to get to Erebor, beat a mode, and collect all dwarves. Each mode has a difficultly marked by stars, the more stars the harder the mode and the more points you'll earn during 'Into the Fire'. Rinse, repeat for 'Barrel Escape' and 'Battle of Five Armies'.

I’ll have to check it out!
I’ve been to into the fire, and barrel escape but no idea how I got there. 3 locks in smaug starts multiball. I understand there are dwarf targets to hit but don’t know what it means to collect all dwarves. Then the spinners and “advance to erebor” I see happening but don’t see what that means either. Lol

#10891 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I am so jealous of where you are in discovering this pin. I'll do my best to clarify a few things. (see image of the display screen below). I might get some details slightly off.
There are 5 areas on the display that need to be 'qualified' in order to start the first wizard mode; Into the Fire. You'll do the same thing for the second and third wizard modes. The 4 corners and top center are the 5 areas. I have circled them in different colors. When you 'qualify' an area you will see a triangular shaped stone appear in the pink circle. Look closely at the top middle area circled in green and then a smaller pink circle. The stone is there signifying that area is qualified. None of the other 4 areas pink circle have the triangle stone so they're not qualified.
Now, what are the 5 areas and how do you qualify them? You already know the upper left. The upper left area circled in yellow is for Smaug multiball. Locking 3 balls will start Smaug multiball and is what is required to qualify that area. You now have the stone for the yellow area.
The bottom left area circled in red represents the beasts that pop up. As you roll over in lane switches that are lit, the corresponding beast will pop up and you have a limited amount of time to hit that beast. If you hit all 4 beasts, you will earn your triangle stone (qualifying the lower left red area) and start beast multiball.
The bottom right area circled in blue represents the dwarves. There are shots around the playfield that will collect each dwarf. When you collect a dwarf their picture will be in color on the display screen. You'll want to collect them all to earn your stone for that area. Hint: the purple shots are dwarves you haven't collected yet.
The upper right area in orange represents the distance you must travel to get to Erebor. Either orbit spinner will progress you to Erebor. Once there you will have your needed stone.
The top middle area in green are your modes. There are 31 modes of varying difficulty. You start a mode by hitting the Bilbo right ramp when lit red. You can scroll through the modes available while the ball returns from a left ramp shot. Let me say that again.. If you want to change the mode you are about to start, you can hit the Gandalf left ramp. While the ball is traveling back to your right flipper, you can toggle through modes using your flipper buttons. There is much to learn with modes but if you beat a mode, you'll earn your qualification.
That's all 5 areas qualified. Now hit one of the holes (Balin or Radaghast) to start your first wizard mode.
I'm sure I messed something up but hopefully that helps. There is many more things other than this to discover so I don't think this is a spoiler.
[quoted image]

Wow man thanks a lot that really helps.
What’s the deal with that radagast mode and the beasts blocking shots and not going down when hit?

#10914 2 years ago

I can’t believe how many times ive had the ball fly off that right return rail in this game and get stuck! So frustrating!! I tried putting some foam to slow it down. I may try decreasing flipper power next.

I have the lior barrel legs which made my most recent fall out trapped so it’s not a stock fault but still frustrating when u have a good game goin and have to take off the glass!

1 week later
#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Where can i buy them ?
[quoted image]

Most of them are hallmark ornaments, so an ebay search, mod father just uses stuff someone else already made and sells it as a “mod”

#10921 2 years ago
96B3B7EE-2047-4CAC-888E-2FB1398CB9A9 (resized).png96B3B7EE-2047-4CAC-888E-2FB1398CB9A9 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunsfan23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=sunsfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.