IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I would rather my backbox sticker come off in lieu of Sterns backbox decals.

Did you give a review of the game Skyemont? Want to see what your thoughts are.

1 month later
#675 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am not sure when it will be released- but I think it needs some more polish before releasing to the public. There have been a couple glitches that were not in 1.10, namely Smaug MB starting on its own one time, and another when hitting the right hole for an extra ball it just terminated my ball and started the next one which was weird. Also, sometimes there is a blinking MAN light that won't go away. All of those either happened once or a couple times, nothing serious. Also, the In The Fire Arkenstone mode is very bare with no callouts, special sound effects, music, etc- so lots to do there as well. I don't even know if there are other Arkenstone modes you can get to besides In The Fire at this point.
Either way, there is definitely a nice amount of changes from 1.10 -> 1.20, and i've had zero restarts since using it.

Quoted from Goronic:

Same here, I was about to cancel too based on some early feedback - finally went to go play it and was a bit pissed off that I almost cancelled without playing it. If you have played it and isn't for you no worries, but if you are considering it please play it for yourself first and make up your own mind. I think it is fantastic!
EDIT: I am also a big fan of Sterns fast games too like TRON, IM, MET, and ST - TH is right up there in fun!
EDIT#2: Not pissed off at people that don't like it - pissed that I almost didn't get my own opinion first hand before cancelling.

Do you guys feel like the shots are satisfying to make? I realize it was earlier code i was playing, but I had the make the right ramp many times and it got a little old to me. I was actually trying to find one to play with newer code, but couldn't. I sold my spot, but I'm certainly interested in possibly purchasing again at some point. Want to wait until the issues are worked out. The Hobbit as well as Smaug, is a theme I love.

#676 7 years ago

Also, I keep seeing them come up for sale. That's a little worrisome. I know, I need to find one to play nearby.

5 months later
#2549 7 years ago

I'm having video/audio sync issues. I don't always look at the screen but noticed it a couple of times, like on the riddle mode, where the speech is out of sync with the video. Lloyd, do you think I should do a full install of the software and then update that to 1.90 to see if that helps? Or if anyone else has seen this, let me know.

Thanks

#2551 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd definitely try that.
LTG : )

Ok, thanks. I thought there was a full 1.9 install, but it's ok. I'll do the full install then update to 1.9

#2552 7 years ago

Lloyd, the update doesn't work. The machine just starts up normally with the USB stick installed. I try to do it manually but it doesn't like it either. Is it because it's 1.01 or is it something else?

#2554 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you follow the instructions on the website ?
If it doesn't work. It doesn't like the USB stick. You didn't get a clean download. Or didn't put it on the USB stick right.
You got the full install in right ? Then put the 1.90 on a USB stick with nothing else on it. Turn the game on. Then plug the USB stick in. Go to Utilities - USB Update, and follow the instructions on the screen.
The screen should say update in progress, after a bit go black. Don't worry. Let it run until the game reboots. then remove the USB stick and you are good to go.

I got the full install and followed the directions, but it says to turn on the machine with the stick installed and it will start the update, which it doesn't do. There was no link for 1.9 full update only 1.01. I'll try a different stick tomorrow, but putting a full install of 1.01 on a USB stick worked with no issues, but it wouldnt install on the machine like the instructions say it would.

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For the full install. Did you open Unetbootin and use that to put the full install on the memory stick ?.

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ it's there - go to Downloads - Hobbit - middle of the right side 1.90 ( this is a delta to be put in after the full install is done. )

Yes, I did it like the instructions

I know 1.9 delta is there, but I need to get the full install of 1.01 first. I'll try a different USB stick. Might be he issue.

#2560 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

make sure the hobbit_update folder/files are in the root directory of the USB dire or it doesn't work.
and LTG - some needs to rewrite the update instructions from the JJP website. It references WOZ, has a few things in it that aren't exactly what you see when you do it, and could be a clearer. That said, I did get it done eventually.

For the full install, Unetbootin sets up the files in the root directory of the USB drive. It didn't create the hobbit_update folder like the Delta 1.9 did. For this reason, I can't do an install manually. I will try a different USB stick today. That may be the issue as the install doesn't start up when I turn on the machine. Thanks for the response Bonanza. I agree, the update instructions need to be updated.

#2561 7 years ago

Got it to work. It's all about having the right USB drive. Now I just have to see if this fixed my video/audio sync issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=spandol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.