IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2280 7 years ago

How come there are two Hobbit clubs? Maybe they should be merged, no?

7 months later
#3421 6 years ago

Kaneda's Pinball Podcast just did an interview with Jack. He said that there would be more code coming for The Hobbit.

1 week later
#3454 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Come see us at the rocky Mountain pinball showdown with new dialed in code, and new hobbit code.

#3462 6 years ago

Here's the full post from the Google group in case anyone doesn't have access to it:

Hi everyone.

Hobbit what-should-be-final test version to 2.0 is testing now internally and at Denver, and probably Seattle later on. There's not a huge list of changes since 1.95, but mostly every bug we know of should be fixed.

I'm sorry it took as long as it did, but the software department has been very busy. For example:

Trying to track down the sound popping problem on Hobbit
Getting DI done so that it ships "rules-complete"
Adding innovative hardware feature support to our code including:
bluetooth support
app support
camera support
integrated external/headphone volume controls
Adding innovative software features to our code like Reserve Ball Play
Constant improvement to our systems so issues arise far less often
Development of games #4 and #5.

Some of these system improvements have held up release of Hobbit and WOZ because they created issues in those games that had to be resolved, But, our intention is as we update our system, we keep releasing older games so they benefit from them as well. That's why, for example, WOZ has daily high scores now, a feature greatly appreciated by a large number of our customers that have casual friends come over and play.

Hobbit, as of expo, was rules-complete for all playfield inserts. When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features. There will be future updates as time permits. I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes. Additional modes and multiballs apart from what I've alluded to will not be added as those were not in the design plan, and generating and getting approvals for additional assets required is problematic.

In my opinion, Hobbit the most and most varied gameplay possible compared to almost any other game out there. I pride myself on making each game I work on feel different from the rest, and I feel Hobbit does that perfectly. It features many strategies for "blowing the game up" in terms of creating awesome scoring setups, stacking possibilities, and many "stages" or "levels" of major events, such as 6 stages in Smaug Multiball, 5 stages of Into the Fire and Barrel Escape, and 7 stages of Battle of Five Armies.

The game is bursting with content. All of our games lead the industry in terms of amount and polish of content.

I and my team are extremely proud of the work we did on Oz, Hobbit, DI, and everything coming down the line. Not every person can like every game, nor can every game be presented in the same way. You would eventually come to like that way less, trust me.

keith

#3465 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

did the lead programmer just tell us bug fixes are coming, but no drastic changes are planned

Probably not "drastic changes", but also more than just bug fixes:

"I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes."

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I thought that was a very diplomatic way of saying "it's DI time..."

I took it more as "it has been DI time, now for some more Hobbit time".

11 months later
#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Gday guys looking at getting a nib le hobbit don't have time to go through almost 5k posts anything I need to look out for or need to know.Any advice would be much appreciated.

Have a look at the 'topic index' and key posts at the top of the page under the 'topic gallery'.

2 months later
#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks LTG I'll speak to my dealer and see what he can do I was just so happy to get to machine I couldn't even be bothered getting angry with the culprit and this is him Doug

Yep, looks guilty as hell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.