Topic Stats

• 7,892 posts
  • 518 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0EBF61C9-860A-4237-84E3-A4810907060F (resized).jpeg
95937948-C10C-4118-BF50-2D83A8119265 (resized).jpeg
AC977F7C-F4EB-4A21-B065-77BD8B30E6E4 (resized).jpeg
61188774-F72B-48E1-B400-8118BD7D7A90 (resized).jpeg
3E1B9990-8695-4EF7-9CF7-334A53871163 (resized).jpeg
96A279BA-D769-4927-A255-614370D13582 (resized).jpeg
D42E605B-56D9-49C5-A6C0-0C8B2251718A (resized).jpeg
Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think we've seen anything yet in terms of just how fun The Hobbit will play.

Wait. What? How can a pin possibly be any fun to play when it lacks "interactive toys?!?!?"

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You could argue that TH has more interactive toys than WOZ...

How so? All I see are post after post complaining about how "wide open" and "empty" the PF on TH is.

Great review, by the way. Seemed pretty unbiased.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hey RobT! Welcome back. I take it you have a Hobbit on order since you are posting in this thread? lol

No reason for the "lol" !

I always said I was interested in the Hobbit.

I played it.

I liked it.

I ordered it.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nice! Did you go with an LE or a Smaug edition?

I went with the LE because that is what was available from my distributor. I ordered about 2 months ago. I don't have too much money down, and if it doesn't ship by the first week of July I can (and will) get my deposit back. We will see if JJP can actually get these shipped out the door. Jack himself gave me the estimate. I hope they can come through, because I really liked the pin.

It TH a blazing fast "in your face" pin that keeps you on your toes? Nope. Is TH a drain monster in the likes of IM and TWD (two of my favorite pins that I still own)? Nope. Does it have an open PF and long shots? Yep. Does it play completely different than any Stern pin? Yep.

And I loved the fact that it was so different. Frankly I had been getting burned out on the hobby and needed something new and different to get me excited again. I didn't have high expectations when I played TH (Eskaybee was with me) based on the many reviews posted here. I was pretty surprised by just how much I liked it.

That widebody PF that is wide open in the middle has the effect of making those long shots feel very smooth and satisfying. The orbit shots in particular were smooth as silk. This was a rather shocking contrast to my GOT premium that I had bought (with the screwed up left orbit from the factory- but my purchase of that pin is a whole other story in itself).

Add to the above the excellent job that they did with the LCD and the animations, sound effects (Thiel is awesome), sound quality, and just overall appearance of the pin, I was hooked. Eskaybee and I both would have paid in full right there on the spot if we could have taken it home with us. And this was based on early code (which was obviously lacking) and it will only get better from there.

I'm looking forward to having a much more unique pin in terms of gameplay than what I've had in awhile.

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Awesome things about the game:
1) Erebor Super Spinner. How long do you build it up before you cash in? Decisions, desicions...don't lose the cash out, it's big!!
2) Mode variety. Every mode is different and they are all pretty awesome. The One Ring is the only so so one as just a one shot hurry, but still...great stuff there! Riddles in the Dark is one of my favorites. There's so many...I don't think I've even seen them all yet.
3) 2x pf is I think the 3rd captive ball award...time that with some sweet multiballs and modes and it can be lucrative. Don't drain after activating it!
4) The Skill Shots. All are fun and a pretty great challenge. DWARF is easiest.
5) Extra Ball requires two difficult shots when lit, but it's satisfying when you get it. Great clip and sound.
I could go on and on...enough for now. A new high score:

Nice. I love the fact that there is a good risk reward element regarding when to cash in on that super spinner.

Personally speaking, I don't mind if you actually do "go on and on" about this pin. Reading your posts confirm what I felt when I played Hobbit and has reignited my excitement for getting it.

Supposedly mine will be here by late next month.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I too can say this game rocks. I find myself on an adventure every time I play. Just ordered blades for it and they look awesome. My best score to date.

Why did you steal my initials?

1 week later
#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:So you are saying that we should just clean with novus and use a real wax? (if so what wax would you recommend)?

I know that it is common for people in this hobby to use Novus 1 for regular cleaning of their playfield, but I really don't understand why. I mean I don't think it will hurt your pf or anything, but why use a product that was made for plastic on a PF?

For regular cleaning of your PF and an easy way to reinforce your wax by providing a small amount of extra protection (instead of using a cleaner that could actually remove your wax) I have long recommended (and use) Optimum's Opti-Clean. I use it every time I take the glass off. Note that this is not for heavy duty cleaning of a very dirty PF. It's for maintenance type of cleaning.

amazon.com link »

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like the grand 1000, but its hard to get and leaves white dust that you have to vacuum up or wipe off.
Right now I like PS21 wax, I use it on my car its really good stuff it doesnt leave any white residue, maybe a haze if you miss a spot
the thinnest coat is all you need, but its spendy. I really like it a lot and it lasts a long time. I let it cure a day or so before playing on it.

Again, another product that tons of Pinsiders love to use is the Blitz One Grand. I don't like it for the very reasons that you state: it leaves white dust and it also easily accumulates in areas such as star posts. I recently purchased a pin from a good friend who uses Blitz. I had to use a toothbrush to remove some of the white buildup in the star posts.

While I agree completely that P21S is a great wax and won't leave white residue or buildup behind, I don't think you really need to spend that kind of money on a high end wax to get the results we want on a pin.

Collinite's 845 Insulator wax can be purchased for half the price of the P21S, will probably provide even better protection, and will not leave white dust or buildup in the star posts if used correctly (i.e, do not apply much at all). 845 wipes away completely clean. It also provides one of the slickest surfaces of any of the waxes, so it can make the PF very fast. This can actually be considered a drawback. The difference in ball speed is significant.

amazon.com link »

#532 3 years ago

Mill wax will probably remove the carnuba

Exactly right.

Edit: other than your spelling of "carnauba."

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Novus 1 is ok for a pf with a pf protector, but to clean a pf just use simple green (not the harsh one). Follow with a wax if necessary.

Yes, simple green works great for the dirtier pf with a decent amount of grime on it. For normal maintenance and wiping down a pf on a regular basis, I wouldn't use simple green since it can strip your wax. That's why I recommend the Opti-clean.

1 week later
#611 3 years ago

My THLE should be here next week!

1 week later
#710 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Or just tap into the speaker terminals, and out to the sub.

Beat me to it.

I don't understand why people are trying to reinvent the wheel here? There are two speaker terminals on the sub, just like there are on any other pin. We've always just attached our external sub to the two speaker terminals in the cabinet. Why would Hobbit be any different?

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

After I adjusted the amp, the stock one does this also. The whole floor vibrates in my feet when Smaug talks on ball locks.

Where/how do you adjust the amp? Is there a knob on it? (I will have my Hobbit Monday)

#798 3 years ago

Anyone have advice for updating code from a Mac?

When I use Unetbootin the dialog box for selecting the destination folder does not give me any options (in order to select my thumb drive). The only option is "dev/disk4s1" whatever that is.

#801 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please don't use Unetbootin for delta updates. Only use that for a Full Install.
The current 1.21 update is a delta.
LTG : )

I have 1.10

Pretty sure I read something that said I needed a version above that in order to do a Delta?

Edit:

Quote from JJP site:

"Delta updates install only what has CHANGED since the last running version on your game. Delta updates are released when only game code has been modified.

** NOTE: YOU MUST BE RUNNING AT LEAST 1.18 TO INSTALL DELTA UPDATES. "

Maybe this is talking about WOZ?

#803 3 years ago

Tried to update and nothing. Like it doesn't recognize the thumb drive, even though the thumb drive lights up.

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When it asks for the USB drive, unplug it and plug it back in.

Tried that.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For a delta update, like 1.21, I would try to extract / unzip the update file directly to the root of your formatted thumb drive.

That's what I did.

Quoted from LTG:

The game doesn't recognize the thumb drive ? Then the 1.21 isn't on there right.

No clue why it wouldn't be

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

How big is your thumb drive? I tried a 64gb and 32gb one and they weren't recognized. I use an 8gb one and it works perfectly. Same issue with my Sterns too.

I am using a 32gb drive.

Quoted from kpg:

I think he might be a Mac user and the drive is formatted in Apple's HFS+ file system instead of FAT

Nope. Definitely formatted in FAT.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

How big is your thumb drive? I tried a 64gb and 32gb one and they weren't recognized. I use an 8gb one and it works perfectly. Same issue with my Sterns too.

Thanks Hugh!

This did the trick. I actually just did a copy and paste from my 32gb drive to an 8gb card with adapter so it was the exact same file....but putting it on the 8gb card instead of the 32gb worked like a charm!

The chime just went off telling me code update complete.

Quoted from LTG:

The game doesn't recognize the thumb drive ? Then the 1.21 isn't on there right.

It was on there 100% correctly. The fact that it was on a 32gb card was the problem.

Quoted from dtowndobe:

Definitely try a different USB drive, and start from fresh with the download from the JJP's site.

Yep, different (smaller) drive did the trick. Didn't have to start fresh either. Just copied and pasted to the 8gb drive.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I love the game, truly do....but, I am finding it draining balls on the cheap way too much. The roll overs and the lids to the pop ups change the direction of the ball significantly, and for my game, drains down the middle way too many times. I'm set up at 6.7, wondering if I should go to 7.

How long have you had the pin? I am at factory settings including the outposts, and I am one who usually brings the posts all the way in on my Sterns. As it is, after having the pin for 5 days and getting to learn the shots, the ball times keep slowly increasing for me. If I were to make an adjustment on the pin, it would be to open the outlane posts more.

That said, my pitch is at 7.1 or 7.2 degrees, so definitely give that a shot. People often don't realize that increasing the pitch can actually make a pin easier, not harder, as it can reduce the outlane drains. Not sure if it will help your SDTM drains though. My SDTM drains usually come from the pop bumpers.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I noticed that the stock center post rubber doesn't provide much bounce. I recommend trying Perfect Play post rubbers as they provide much more bounce.

Where do you get these?

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

1) Erebor Super Spinner. How long do you build it up before you cash in? Decisions, desicions...don't lose the cash out, it's big!!

How do you qualify the Erebor Super Spinner, and how do you collect?

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

The outer loops move you toward Erebor until you reach it and loops after build the super spinner jackpot.
Here's a video with 17,000+ point super spinner award
» YouTube video

I've got to get better at those orbit shots!

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, shoot loops to advance towards Erebor. When it has been reached the loop inserts turn purple and the spinners make a different sound when hit. The "collect" super spinner jackpot shot is the captive ball, so avoid that until you're ready to cash in. You have a minute to jack the spinners before cashing in. I got it up to 45k once...anything over 20k is pretty good.

Cool, I just did it, cashed in for 27k. I'm loving all the modes that this pin has to offer.

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

How many of you guys in this thread has got their The Hobbit broken from out of the box ?

The cardboard box on my Hobbit LE was pretty close to immaculate when I picked it up from my distributor. I didn't have a single scratch or flaw of any type cosmetically.

However, when I got the pin home and tried to unpack it from my car, when I tried to attach the first leg (which requires removing the bolts from the cabinet), I noticed that when I tried to put the bolts back on to secure the leg, there was nothing for the bolts to attach to. They just kept spinning.

Turns out that someone forgot to attach the leg plates with screws. So when I removed the bolts, the leg plate just dropped to the bottom of the cabinet.

This had the potential to be a real pain in the ass, as there was some discussion about having to unload the pin and put it flat on the ground, lift the pf, and attempt to attach/screw the leg plate on with a fully raised pf while flat on the ground. It would not be fun to try an pick that pin up from being flat on the ground, especially with no help.

So obviously I wanted to avoid this if at all possible. I could not fit my arm down the backbox holes, so I couldn't hold the leg plate in place while attaching the legs. However, I remembered that I had obtained this "claw" tool a couple of years back that I thought might come in handy one day. Well, this turned out to be that day!

I used the claw tool (pic attached) and put it down the hole in the back of the cabinet, grabbed the leg plate, and pulled it up and held it in front of the two bolt holes. Then I had my wife hold the leg on while I tried to thread the bolts into the leg plate. It took way fewer attempts to get things lined up than I thought it would. Once that was done, it was a piece of cake to get the pin up and running.

Pics attached show the one leg plate with zero screws, and the other leg plate with all 7 (!) screws properly attached.

Obviously what happened was someone attached the leg plate by lining it up and putting the bolts in, then they are supposed to go back and permanently attach it with the screws.... they forgot that last part.

The Goblin pop up figure also came loose and I had to re-attach it. Apparently the screws just weren't tight enough. Also, my spotlights, Smaug, and shaker were not working. Turns out I had a blown fuse. LTG helped me quickly resolve that issue.

So a couple QC issues, but the pin is working 100% now. Overall quality is very good.

IMG_1554_(resized).JPG
IMG_1555_(resized).JPG
IMG_1550_(resized).JPG

#872 3 years ago

When was the last time that we saw a pin that had skill shots as good as TH?

There is a lot more to these skill shots than just the ability to select different ones by using the Ring button.

For example, I just got my highest score yet for a skill shot. I selected the rollovers, which I've done many times before. This time, I tried to time the shot so the ball would not only hit all four rollovers (it did) but also hit them in sync with the moving flashing light. From what I can tell, I did exactly that, and my score for the skill shot alone was 18k points. The satisfaction of hitting all four rollovers combined with timing it with the rolling light was very satisfying to say the least.

#874 3 years ago

I love this pin!

IMG_1614_(resized).jpeg

#876 3 years ago

Great score!
did you get the gel for the backbox LED's?
It makes the backbox match the display colors.

Yep, I added the filter this weekend.

I need to make some adjustments on it though. It's actually a bit too warm overall. Nimblepin had a great idea about staggering the gel so some of the LEDs won't be covered. I'm going to try to make the LEDs behind the bluer portions of the backbox not be covered with the filter.

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I have a problem with nudging the machine when it's screaming towards the left outlane, missing, and then in turn the kickback misses the ball and there's no ball save. I wish there was a ball save when it's supposed to kick the ball back in play (at least when it's in single ball play).

This is the exact same thing that would happen on my STLE. ST premium/LE owners all asked for a very short ball save to be implemented for this purpose, but it never was. Hopefully Keith will do this for Hobbit.

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

You need to adjust the delay for the kickback and it will almost never mess up

It does not mess up very often. Way more reliable that the one on STLE. But it would still be nice to have a very short ball saver for the times that the ball travels too fast to be saved.

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Last night, got an extra ball special - had to hit a roaming drop target, then once you hit that, you have to hit both the Radagast hole and Balin hole to collect the extra ball. I was surprised I hit the roaming target... then I drained before I get even attempt the hole shots!!!
Pretty damn cool sequence to get an extra ball! Kudos to Keith and Ted for that!

Without question one of the best rulesets for getting an EB in any pin that I've owned for a long time.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please look under the playfield. Find the rectangular B.A.G. board ( GI Bus Board - page D-34 in the manual ) There is a USB connector to it, push that in tight and you should be good to go.

What LTG said.

This is a common issue. Despite the fact that this USB connector has a zip tie on it to prevent it from coming loose, mine came loose as well and caused all the lights to go out. It has not come loose again though.

#911 3 years ago

Im happy that you love your STLE.

He sold it to KPG, who has already sold it because he is too busy playing Hobbit!

#916 3 years ago

Crap, kpg frozen. Hope it is of short duration as I valued his posts in this thread (and others).

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will wait for the JJP version
i think this will be free vom JJP when it is approved
also the fix for the left wire ramp
and for the smaug

What is wrong with Smaug that needs fixing?

#965 3 years ago

What's the most points that anyone has seen for a skill shot? I just got one for over 19k points, and that was by hitting only 3 of the 4 rollovers.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Could you code that hitting Smaug with 3rd flipper is like worth a triple hit or something? Or hitting Smaug only registers with 3rd flipper?

Since you can't hit Smaug with the ball at all, I'm thinking no.

1 week later
#1034 3 years ago

So I got a new high score for a skill shot yesterday. 25k! I hit all 4 rollovers again...I *think* it was timed with the roving light as well, but not sure. It was on my last ball.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm starting to get that same feeling, although I am concentrating on beating modes more now. I beat like 5 modes in a row earlier today, including a couple I hadn't completed before. I still have yet to kill Smaug, so that's a good goal for me too.

Exactly what I have started doing as well. I have not got to Into the Fire 3 times like Mark, but I have got to it twice in a game 3 or 4 times now.

I can tell that there is still a lot more to come code wise. Even completing modes, you look up and see "mode completion bonus: 0" and it leaves me feeling a bit let down.

High score so far:

IMG_1590_(resized).JPG

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Standard #103 should be with me tomorrow. Stern were taking too long building my TWD and have lost a sale.

Man, how things have changed. Stern losing a sale to JJP because *Stern* took too long to build and ship a pin!?

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's Galdalf for both...they could trim up the pause a bit to make it sound less awkward, but you're right. It's a little off.

It's more than a little off in my opinion. It definitely stands out as something that was spliced together. I've got to the point where I know that if I am in Into the Fire that when Gandalf yells "Super Jackpot" I know not to be fooled.....as I had been the first few times.....that I got the SJ because he was going to add the word "Ready" at the end.

#1104 3 years ago

What do you guys have your trough coil setting at?

I am having a terrible time getting the trough to put a ball in play with any consistency at all. Sometimes it can take 3-4 attempts before the ball is put in the shooter lane. Super annoying, especially when you start multiball.

#1111 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. That makes perfect sense.

#1196 3 years ago

I'm really starting to get pissed off with my trough. Made the adjustment to the metal tab by bending it back a bit. That didn't help too much, because the ball started hitting the metal apron. If I backed the power off, it wasn't strong enough to put the ball in play. Took the apron off again, and bent the metal tab back to closer to how it was. That seemed to help initially, but when I am in multi-ball, the coil struggles big time to put a ball in play. You can here the machine repeatedly trying to put the additional balls in play during MB with very little success. I've tried numerous settings in the menu without and kind of real success.

This is really leaving a bad impression not only on others who come to play the pin, but me as well.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Who is going to be the first person that gets into Barrel Escape!

I got to Barrel Escape an hour ago.

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

I'm not sure if completing all 31 modes is even doable.

I think it just became a little more doable with the new code. Mode lock is very cool. This just added a bunch of new strategy to the game. You will want to combine the locked mode balls with a hard mode since being in multiball would presumably make it easier to beat the mode.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thought of something else...you can get a "sneak in" lock for the modes if you dribble a ball into the passage above Smaug when the orbits aren't lit for locks. Cool little touch.

Loved it first time I got this. Little details like this are fun

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Easy in the sense that I'm having close to 45 minute long games and playing 6 Arkenstone modes in a game. Granted, I only beat Into the Fire once (got close on Barrel Escape) and some modes really are difficult to beat. Somehow I collected around 5-6 extra balls. It just seems that, like LOTR, after a long game you don't feel like pressing start again for a while. We'll see how the code finishes up though. Lots of stuff to come yet.

I told a friend more than a week ago that Hobbit definitely feels like LOTR in terms of the epic ruleset, and necessarily long ball times.

Personally I am not having particularly long games on anywhere near a consistent basis, and I have only beat Smaug once, and still don't even beat that many modes per game. So I have a long way to go before the pin becomes a grind for me...too many goals left to reach. Just like Valinor kept me coming back for more on LOTR, I expect the ruleset and ultimate wizard mode on Hobbit to do the same thing.

Plenty of my games are still below 400k points.

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Expect flaps and rivots to be included in the kit and shooter spring too.

Who is going to replace the flaps on the ramps when they are riveted in? Seems like very few owners will have the ability to do this.

Very strange regarding the springs for the drop targets. I have never had a single problem with any of my drop targets working. They are 100%.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Ha Ha! Funny you say that - I would visit these threads, see the high scores and think, "Boy, I really suck at pinball!" For me, some games are just flat out brutal. But always a blast to play!

It's good to have some games that are short and brutal. Having long ball time games on a regular basis would make the game get old pretty quickly. Well, maybe not quite as quickly on Hobbit given how much is there, but still would get old faster than without those short, brutal games mixed in.

I have yet to beat Smaug. It's in one of the modes you can unlock, right? I know I've tried hitting him a few times with the windlance, but with zero success. Loving the new beta code, btw!

New code is great. TBH I still don't remember exactly how to beat Smaug, but I just did it for the second time yesterday.

I'm sure someone has posted the exact sequence of shots required to kill Smaug (if not in this thread, in the rules thread). It's not easy!

#1361 3 years ago

I have mixed feelings on the wire form and having to pay for it. Obviously the fact that they came out with a new one means that the old design left a bit to be desired, so it should be sent free of charge. On the other hand, the main problem with the original wire form is the fact that the ball would pop off and often get stuck between the end of the wire form exit and the cabinet. However, the stuck ball issue is fixed with the rubber post that they are giving everyone for free (I already added one myself and it has eliminated the stuck balls).

The ball will still come off my wireform at times and land in various locations, including on top of the sling plastic, but not too often.

1 week later
#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The ramps are smooth and nice when the flaps aren't curling up by 1/2" and slowing the ball or causing it to jump. Sounds like you got lucky and don't have that issue. Others like me do.

Exactly.

1 week later
#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Lloyd, as always appreciate the posts! Found the issue to be a, what looks like, mini USB plug that goes into the one board. It has a zip tie on it, I assume so it doesnt pull out, but it came out just far enough that it wasnt making contact!

I had the exact same issue, as have several others. Very common issue. Funny that JJP seemed to know that this could be an issue so they put the zip tie there to prevent it, but it still happens from shipping I guess. Since I tightened it, it has not come loose again despite having my pf raised several times.

1 month later
#2230 3 years ago

New code is up!

#2233 3 years ago

Yes, the additional bonus scoring is nice. Finally feel like it's worth doing better during the modes. There are definitely some new sound effects and music too. Maybe a new call out or two (I've only played 1 game), but I too hope that more is coming in that regard.

3 months later
#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just got a new G.C. Tonight.

2 weeks later
#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Smaug has stopped moving his mouth on my Smaug Edition. Running the mouth test doesn't produce any results and the connectors are seated fine (from what I can reach under the playfield). Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so did you have anything you might share to get him going again? He rotates just fine but his mouth is stuck in the open position.
Really enjoying the game so far otherwise.

Quoted from Goronic:

My Smaug stopped 'talking' as well, but it did rotate properly. I found that it was an issue with the motor inside that moved the mouth up and down. I ended up having to replace it as well. Now that I have a new one I am thinking maybe I should keep the min and max closer together (not 20 apart, but more like 15 or so). I wonder if it can be turned off completely in a future update, or if setting the min and max to 100 would work? Also, JJP may need to provide just the motor to replace if it goes bad - a whole Smuag replacement is too expensive.

I wonder how common this issue is?

My Smaug mouth has stopped moving as well. He still rotates perfectly, but no talkie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springboro, OH
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside