20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6003 5 years ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

Has anybody tried to reposition the frame around the small screen on the Hobbit?
Mine is too low and too far left for me to see the whole screen from a players position. It appears to be held in place with double sided tape. Any ideas on how to remove the frame and secure it back in place?

I just recently did this as well. The frame wasn't centered properly. I just carefully pulled it off - removed all of the old tape and re-applied new double sided tape and stuck it back on again.

2 weeks later
#6098 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I really want to like this game and am thinking about trading my AFM SE for one this summer. However, after finally getting some time on the game I am completely lost. Does anybody have a particular walkthrough or video they would recommend above the others that does a good job of explaining the pin? It seems like a really deep pin that would hold up well in a small lineup... but I gotta understand the rules.

I just did this trade, except it was my AFMLE for a Smaug plus cash - NO REGRETS! None.
I got bored of AFM fairly quickly. It’s just much of the same over and over again. I’ve had Hobbit for about a month and it’s a keeper. My wife, my kids - we all love it. I felt the same way you do now with regards to the rules but once you put some serious time on it you will realize it’s not nearly as complicated as it seems initially. I obviously wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on that deal.

#6112 5 years ago

Just got to Barrel Escape for the first time - Amazing! Such a rush, I love it.

#6128 5 years ago

I haven’t had the issue at all yet. I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 week later
#6180 5 years ago

I love DI and plan to buy one someday. I wouldn’t trade my Hobbit for one though.

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I think that if I had all levelers flat on the floor that would probably be true but almost everyone raises the back. This is even recommended by JJP support for a faster game.

I have the back legs raised quite a fair bit on my game and consistently hit the 'F' target on a full plunge.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My wife is twisting my arm and wants me to sell Hobbit to buy AFMrLE lol. But - I love my preciousssss.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is seriously insane. You will be selling AFM in weeks after owning a game like Hobbit

I traded my AFMLE for Hobbit + cash and it's the best pinball related decision I have ever made. AFM got boring fast - Hobbit is a keeper. Zero regrets.

#6277 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Version 3.10 is up on the JJP site

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

#6332 5 years ago

Loving the subtle changes in the new code. Had a great (long) game last night - put up 4.2mil and got to Into the Fire a second time...no issues. I really like the lighting effects at the base of Smaug and how it changes depending on if you have mode or lock lit (I believe that's how it works) - Very cool. Glad the fire effects are back again too.

#6348 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I'm still on 2.99 code.... is there a huge difference between that and 3.10

I’m sure JJP wouldn’t bother spending the time to create these updates if they didn't feel it would be worthwhile. The difference isn’t ‘huge’ but 3.10 is better than 2.99. It’s a no-brainer.

6 months later
#7321 4 years ago

My mini LCD on the playfield is a bit dark, how can I adjust the brightness?

1 week later
#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

No $hit?! This changes everything. I guess it's time I stop beating "The One Ring", LOL!

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!

#7370 4 years ago

Question. If you complete two modes before Into the Fire, which one gets counted towards the scoring on the wizard mode?

#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Take my money!

I showed a pic to a buddy of mine and he wants one too. Put me down for two.

#7435 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Lift playfield, push beast mech up all the way and insert a rag, wadded up paper, dead animal..... what ever keeps the mech fully extended. Drop playfield. Remove clips, remove springs, remove mech lid. Lift playfield again, remove rag/wadded paper/dead animal, disconnect wiring harness, unscrew and remove mech.

Curious if we can just replace the beast entirely with the dead animal?

2 weeks later
#7510 4 years ago

Mine just arrived today - Looks great! Hopefully I have a chance to install it before Friday. I'll post my feedback.

1 month later
#7698 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm trying to get my head around a continuous plan of almost two hours of Pinball. Wow

No kidding. I put up a 4.2mil game a while back that took me 45 minutes and I was exhausted both mentally and physically, lol. I can't even imagine going an hour +....crazy!

#7703 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Where are you guys sourcing the gold pinballs to swap out the factory captive balls with? Looking to make that change as it’s a nice look.

I was thinking of doing this as well. KevInBuffalo gave me a heads up on where to find the newton and captive balls.

http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

Email Chris and he'll help you out.

#7728 4 years ago

Hitting that last shot perfectly from the upper flipper was absolutely the most amazing experience I have ever had in pinball. It's just incredible.

#7732 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Jjp announced at expo their games will be Bluetooth compatible for headphones and will have Wi-Fi . The good news is , it will work on The Hobbit

That's good news but how much $$$ as an add-on though?

1 week later
#7793 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You should ad the backbox mod that lights the outer perimeter of the bezel artwork.
It really does make the bezel pop.

Mine should be arriving soon from Mezel Mods. It looks so much better lit up all around the LCD.

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

thx for the order, we distribute through Mezel. Hope you like it, has a dramatic effect, but includes a dimmer to tone it down to your preference. If you have questions, please contact me directly.

Awesome, will do. I didn’t even know about the dimmer...very cool, thx.

1 week later
#7838 4 years ago

I own both Hobbit and LOTR and I will never sell either one. They're extremely different games but both amazing in their own ways. If I could only own one however, it would have to be Hobbit. I have not played a game that is as immersive as TH.

#7841 4 years ago

Goronic - I fully support that decision!

1 week later
#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Still looking for a gold captive ball, anyone have a source?

http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts

3 weeks later
#7996 4 years ago

Just installed the Lermods side translite illumination kit. It looks so much better now that I can see the artwork around the monitor. Great mod!

877D1DD6-B93E-4CB5-947D-B62B184B4CDA (resized).jpeg877D1DD6-B93E-4CB5-947D-B62B184B4CDA (resized).jpeg
#7999 4 years ago

When the final shot is set up perfectly from the kickback and you hit that target from the upper flipper....there is honestly nothing better in pinball. What a rush.

3 weeks later
#8071 4 years ago

I really like the look of these. Matches nicely with the map on the apron artwork.
46F6C0B3-5EA5-402F-9C0F-C6604D2A4293 (resized).jpeg46F6C0B3-5EA5-402F-9C0F-C6604D2A4293 (resized).jpegB6DEFB70-D32A-474A-A4DE-FE7EB6B909F1 (resized).jpegB6DEFB70-D32A-474A-A4DE-FE7EB6B909F1 (resized).jpegEA74C334-0179-4521-928B-A73E8EB74357 (resized).jpegEA74C334-0179-4521-928B-A73E8EB74357 (resized).jpeg

#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The map pinblades are made by PinGraffix.

But somehow cheaper if you buy them from Cointaker.

2 months later
#8332 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The Isolation of Smaug

That's pretty funny. Now Smaug must take some pretty huge shits so I totally understand the need for him to be hoarding that much TP.

#8340 4 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Killed Smaug for the first time just now.
What an experience that was.
It's going to take me 3 hours to come down off of it.
Don't care what the haters say, what a frigging game that is...

Yeah, Horde and DTR are amazing experiences but killing Smaug is on another level. Hitting that last shot perfectly...wow!...there’s just nothing like it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.