Topic Stats

• 8,091 posts
  • 527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,179 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B6DEFB70-D32A-474A-A4DE-FE7EB6B909F1 (resized).jpeg
EA74C334-0179-4521-928B-A73E8EB74357 (resized).jpeg
46F6C0B3-5EA5-402F-9C0F-C6604D2A4293 (resized).jpeg
DSC05213 (resized).JPG
DSC05212 (resized).JPG
DSC05203 (resized).JPG
DSC05190 (resized).JPG
DSC05191 (resized).JPG
20191231_020309 (resized).jpg
20191231_020316 (resized).jpg
20191231_020311 (resized).jpg
20191231_020334 (resized).jpg
20180720_165623 (resized).jpg
20191227_200249 (resized).jpg
4633C49D-49D3-4DF0-960A-1C04CA53D131 (resized).jpeg
874435AB-97D5-4D74-8375-09F6D2EC1E2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5629 1 year ago

It does in the top right corner. But the stars are pretty small.

2 weeks later
#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

have my game set to 5 balls

There’s your first problem. Set it to three, max out the back legs and open up the out lanes. Pull the center post if it’s still too easy for you. The game is meant to be played longer though and it’s much more enjoyable with the new code. I’d update it ASAP and play for awhile before making the out lane or center post changes.

1 week later
#5906 1 year ago

I am a newish owner of a routed Hobbit and had a few questions for owners.

1. The game cannot lower one of the DWARF targets. It remains up even when resetting the bank or during DWARF skill shot. I haven't had time to look under the play field at the drop target mech.
2. Why does my spider not raise all the time? Seems to almost always happen during bash the spider. Feels like it tries several times to raise. Sometimes it works, other times it does not. The problem is intermittent.
3. The right lower flipper sometimes goes weak. Do you think I just need to rebuild the mechs? And these are standard Williams mechs, right?
4. Does the shaker motor sound like a slow grind during the first lock of Smaug multi ball for anyone else? It is strange because otherwise the shaker is fine. Only during this section. Wasn't sure if it is intentional.

I am hoping to shop it out around Christmas time when I have some time off work. Any cool mods or upgrades that you guys suggest? I was thinking of switching all rubber out with Titan silicone so I don't have to mess with it for awhile.

Thanks!

#5908 1 year ago

TBH, I don't know number of plays. It was at a local pinball arcade. Owner does a great job taking care of his games. This one in particular did not get as much love as other games from league and tourney players so he wanted to move it. I do plan on a teardown in a couple of weeks when I have the time. Hopefully I can diagnose the small issues I have so I can get the parts in I need before then.

2 months later
#6440 12 months ago

My personal fav is the engraved ring button. I also have green translucent plastic protectors and lane guides which look great (sorry non photo at the moment)

IMG_9494 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#6885 9 months ago

Yes it is the highest star value mode you completed.

7 months later
#8016 31 days ago
Quoted from Aahzz:

Lol I’m so on the fence with this trade. I don’t hate DP but I love the theme of the Hobbit more. I wish I had more time on TH, it might make it easier. I’ve only played it a couple times at a show a year ago. Decisions decisions.....

I’d consider trading my Hobbit for a DP Premium. Hobbit is a great game. Probably the best theme integration and amazing sound and lights. The layout is the only thing that isn’t a plus on the game in my opinion. It’s not bad. I just don’t think it’s as good as everything else. If I could get the theme from hobbit and merge it with the layout of POTC, that would be the best game! I do go through periods where I really love the game though. I’d try to get some more time on it before making a decision. If you’re ever in the Chester county area, you can come play mine.

#8018 31 days ago

I know what you’re saying. I felt that way when I first got it. Then I spent a few long sessions just focusing only on modes. Man there are some amazing modes in the gam! My biggest weakness is clearing the man and elf drops. So modes that require that always give me trouble. I always make sure to hit the time extension ramp as I need the extra time.

2 weeks later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside