IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6718 5 years ago

What’s up Fellas - proud new owner of a HUO low play Smaug Edition. The playfield is like new... working on getting a Cliffy set ASAP! The game has under 100 plays and is on 1.90 code, so gonna get updated tomorrow morning. Weird issues I’ve noticed - the plunger seems to hit the auto-plunger and barely moves the ball... I’m sure just an adjustment, and hitting the ball around Smaug - there looks to be a diverter that seems to be getting the ball stuck before it drops the ball... both look like easy stuff.... excited to get into this awesome game!

CA1C4962-9E68-4A98-8642-6CC0D279F089 (resized).jpegCA1C4962-9E68-4A98-8642-6CC0D279F089 (resized).jpeg
#6723 5 years ago

This pin is fricking amazing.... Ive played a handful of times over the years on floaty, early code pins and was lost, but after reading how good the code has gotten I grabbed one. I’ve got spring break off with the kids and playing this thing non stop! I shoot for loops first too. I think I’m gonna turn beast frenzy off as it’s crazy and you can’t look up at all. How do you collect the dwarfs stone? When I’m close I screw up and am missing letters or a character... I don’t quite get the dwarfs and usually get them by luck also with multiball. I can’t believe how good this game is!!!

#6727 5 years ago

Thanks pineal - but regarding dwarfs - I believe I’ve had all letters and all 3 characters collected up top, but no stone... is there a shot or something to then collect the stone?

1 month later
#6869 4 years ago

Hi Drew - here’s my take: once you go Jersey Jack - you never go back! . I’ve never owned Metallica, but have gotten sucked into quite a few stern hyped pins (kiss, GB, ac/dc) but will never again. Kanedas kinda right... most of these games are meant for bars and not nearly deep enough, or code truly polished enough for a small home use collection other than a JJP, or you need a large collection and rotate to keep things fresh. In my opinion nothing stern has put out in years matches the experience of a JJP pin. That said, the shine will eventually wear off with any game... Ive owned a nib WOZ for years and refuse to sell it on principal, unless Maybe to fund or make space for another JJP.
You’ve got nothing to worry about with the Hobbit - the game is amazing! Once you put a handful of games on it the lightbulb goes off, and it’s truly an amazing journey. Your in for a treat!

2 weeks later
#6949 4 years ago

The Hobbits friggen amazing! I’m scared to play mine as I wait for Cliff to get to my protectors being made, but have said the heck with it and we’re just playing and loving this game! Question to all of you Smaug SE owners - has anyone powdercoated the wireforms, and if so could you please post some pics? I’m wanting to do it as the game sitting next to Woz RR looks just ok with the chrome.... I’m not saying the game isn’t gorgeous- it is! I just want to powdercoat the wireforms to finish the look, and I want to be sure I do it with the correct color/finish. I’m not creative at all and if I pick a finish it will clash or look goofy so please post your powdercoated wireforms proudly!!!!

2 months later
#7227 4 years ago

Hi Energyspike - your checking with a meter - correct?

#7229 4 years ago

That’s what it’s sounding like. I would go into dedicated switches tests, then pull the connector at the io board. With the connector off you could take a piece of wire and short the pins for black / black-brown. If nothing changes then it’s the board.

#7231 4 years ago

Question is, with the connector j601 pulled, does that clear the bad switch error? If not, while it’s pulled, does shorting pins 1 to 6 on the io board activate and clear the error in dedicated switch test? If so the io board is good at least

#7241 4 years ago

Awesome sauce!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=mountaingamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.