25B54F18-822E-465C-9759-6DB371A6E215 (resized).jpeg
SmartSelect_20211016-213514_Gallery (resized).jpg
2F00C42D-EDDC-4405-BFB2-9170284F12E2.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
D22B474C-FB1B-42CA-905A-A16C7E5B9A7D (resized).jpeg
RecessedDomeLitside1_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20211013_203616 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (5 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (5 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (5 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (5 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (5 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (5 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (5 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikepmcs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10662 47 days ago

Looks really nice. This is a game I wished I would've bought when it came out.

Bi6FcO7UoutWM.gif
#10677 45 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Sounds cool, I've just taken the plunge! It's probably the quickest pinball purchase I've ever made... from having no intention of buying the game to commitment to buy in about 20mins

That's awesome! Nothing wrong with that!
r/
Mike

#10688 45 days ago

Here's pics of the game I just agreed to buy... I've no idea what's standard on the LE... can anyone tell me if there is much in the way of add-ons on this? Thanks!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yidUzHnBk32Um9aMMw.gif
#10689 45 days ago
p8GJOXwSNzQPu.gif
1 week later
#10720 38 days ago

Hobbit has arrived and looking good!!! but not sounding too great! A couple of things that seems a bit off:
1) There's a whistling/screeching sound, like a badly tuned radio, coming from the speakers... during gameplay it's not so noticeable due to the other sounds drowning it out, but during quieter moments it can still be heard.
2) When the drop targets re-set theres a kind of 'rasping' sound, which I think is also coming from the speakers... maybe just the one in the cab... this sound seems to be closer to the front of the game... it's quite loud and pretty unpleasant...
Are either of these things known issues with known solutions? If so, can someone enlighten me to what the solutions are?
Thanks a lot for any help!!

I'm looking for threads that have referenced sound issues. Start here about 3/4 the way down the page.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-setup-tweaks-and-adjustments/page/5

Looks like it could possibly be a software issue and also some cable issues. Start with software and update the code if not the latest to rule that out.
I'll keep looking.
r/
Mike

#10723 38 days ago

Will check what code I have... thanks for the pointer!!

Also, make sure you have a ground loop isolator installed.
It plugs into the back of the silver box where the audio cable to the speakers comes out.
The audio cable from the speakers plugs into the ground loop isolator.
r/
Mike

Screenshot_20210915-180123_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#10725 38 days ago

Also, if you have a spare 3.5mm cable to troubleshoot with that would be handy as well. Of course you're looking for loose cables as part of initial troubleshooting.
I'd start with 1. Cable/connection check and software update. 2. install ground loop isolator. 3. replace 3.5mm cables.
r/
Mike

#10726 38 days ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

Good call. I had to add one ☝️

You got me thinking when you said loose cables remembered my Dialed In. I had to add one and it fixed some noises.
r/
Mike

#10736 37 days ago
Quoted from clearstar:Recently picked up a Hobbit LE!
Where has this game been all my life? I'm about 50 games in and I'm not understanding how this is commonly rated last among JJPs (or a lot of machines for that matter).
It has literally caused me to have a knee jerk reaction and dump every Stern I have that doesn't have proper theme integration (imo of course). That's left me with keeping only Mando Prem & JP Prem, which I think are close from a theme integration perspective.
For a newer player like me, the theme & audio capturing you into the game, will allow you to shoot for hours regardless of the playfield. Again, can only speak for myself.
Someone tell me if I'm missing out on another machine like The Hobbit somewhere !

I happened upon this thread while contemplating your question. Reality is I literally don't know what theme integration means to be quite honest so I was trying to educate myself.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-games-with-theme-integration-that-creates-a-world-under-glass

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikepmcs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside