IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Been told my TH is currently in the testing phase! Woohoo!

What was your order date?

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Ok If i can get Le i will buy that one but dont think its possible. One thing i do know is that i gonna buy one.
I have heard that they break easy ? I just gonna have it in my mancave

Reach out to a distributor as they may have an LE you can get now!

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

(no beer in me at all)

unreliable source!!!!

1 week later
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Where did you guys get the blue shooter spring? Pinball life is down, does anybody else have it? I couldn't find one on other sites.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3

1 month later
#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I must be mistaken then . Anyone else on that question

SE weren't limited to a number but only available for order for a certain time! Also, SE owners picked what number they wanted so someone, technically, could have picked #1234!

#1589 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So are the SE's a subset of the 1500 LE's? In otherwords, SE + LE = 1500?

No, 1500 LEs are being produced with them numbered 1-1500
SEs were only produced up till December, I believe it was, 2014. So anyone, including distributors, could order as many SEs as they wanted until the deadline. Once the deadline past "no more SEs will be produced"! Since the SEs were a special edition and they weren't limited to a specific number the buyer(s) could pick any number that they wanted. You could select #103 or you could select #9999.

#1595 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Seems like I recall asking if I could do my anniversary year 1997 and she said no.

When I asked Jack about this he advised "I have no clue now how many will be ordered, there could be numbers missing. People want #1234 Ok with me". Now this was back in October 2014 so things might have changed!

Quoted from Goronic:

undisclosed but less than 1500

If it's "undisclosed" how would you know it's "less than 1500"?

1 week later
#1695 7 years ago

Received my Hobbit and the inserts and bottom "GI" lighting is out. Can you point me in the right direction as to what connectors to check?

#1699 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the wiring from them to a nearby board they plug onto. Something probably came unplugged.
You can download the manual - http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/game-specific-downloads/the-hobbit-downloads/ and it has LED wiring layouts in it. Page C-72
LTG : )

Lloyd, as always appreciate the posts! Found the issue to be a, what looks like, mini USB plug that goes into the one board. It has a zip tie on it, I assume so it doesnt pull out, but it came out just far enough that it wasnt making contact!

#1706 7 years ago

For those of you still waiting and wondering when you will get your machine, below is a timeline of my machine!
1/7/2013 - Order placed
7/12/2016 - Contacted by JJP advising my machine is going into production soon and asked if I want to add pf protector or RadCals
7/18/2016 - JJP confirms my order and add on's (note: I didnt respond to JJP email from the 12th till the 15th (Friday) thus the reason there was 6 days for JJP to confirm my order/add on's)
8/18/2016 - JJP confirms game is completed and ready to ship
8/23/2016 - Machine received

#1724 7 years ago

I have a few days on the machine and first thing we notice is the Windlance Up Post is not working. Put the machine into test and it doesn't register when trying to engage it manually???
UPDATE - Found that the set screw came loose. If the set screw comes loose or falls out there is not enough of the steel shaft inside the coil in order for the coil to activate the plunger since the plunger is more nylon then steel! If your Windlance Up Post stops working all of a sudden check to see if the set screw is loose or has fallen out!!!

Also, after few days I found my first screw lying in the back right corner of the cabinet. The screw is small (approx 2cm). Any idea where it came from? IMG_6473[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6473[1] (resized).JPG

Lastly (for now) I found that the Goblin was not registering unless taking a direct hit in front. Per previous post Lloyd mentioned about checking the switches. When looking to do so I found that the top screw in the back of the head (see blurry pic below) wasn't tight at all so it wouldn't allow for the switch to close!

Any assistance on the first two topics is appreciated!!!

IMG_6472[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6472[1] (resized).JPG

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My beast mechs are all missing a screw too.

I am missing a screw for each of the Beast mechs and all of them are the one that the micro switch is just above. It appears as if they assembled the mechs and upon installing them to the playfield they realized the micro switch was in the way so they just skipped them!

#1773 7 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Did you figure out where the screw dropped out of? I too found a small screw this afternoon - lying on top of the service outlet panel. Only mech above it is the trough, and I'm not seeing anything missing (and I don't really want to tear it off).

Sorry for delay, out of town!
Still no idea as to what the screw is for. Victor at JJP couldnt determine either. He said he "walked out to the assembly line and couldn't find that size screw anywhere". Must be something that JJP buys pre assembled!!!

#1774 7 years ago

Dup

#1781 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

That looks like the screw they holds the power cable cover on. Certainly long enough.

I am out of town for next 3 weeks so will have to look when I get back! Thanks for the post!!

1 week later
#1918 7 years ago

I'm out of town, my son tells me that one of the pop ups is not coming up. Since I can't see the game looking for a direction to point him in.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1929 7 years ago

Thanks for all the info. Too late on the east coast now so I will have him try the above suggestions and report back!!!

#1971 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

F#ck me, this game is epic.

I s$@k but my son can play!

IMG_6671[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6671[1] (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2022 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have seen several pictures of other TH pins where the ring is gold.

Quoted from fnosm:

If you are referring to the gold in the picture you posted I believe that the gold ring is part of the sticker and the button is clear.

Agree with jletoum. If you look at the picture you attached you can see the base of the button is clear and it's the decal that has the ring on it!

#2023 7 years ago

Anyone run into this scenario? When starting up the game I am not getting the option to select the skill shot as it appears one of the switches is being activated thus negating the selection process. I haven't fully investigated this yet but figured I would throw it up here in case there is others bored at work that may have had this issue!

#2026 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - anything pop up closed that should be open ?

Thanks Lloyd! Got home and found that one of the stand up targets wasnt gapped enough so when the machine was firing the ball into the shooter lane the switch closed. All good now!

#2042 7 years ago

Was surprised, with all the control they now have over the lighting, that as Smaug breathes fire, as multi-ball starts, that they didn't program the inserts to all go red!! Would be a small but neat feature.

#2092 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Anyone recognize this spring?
Found it last night sitting on top of my lock down which was on the floor below the coin door.
I'm guessing it would have to have been something from the lower end of the playfield but there is no other springs of this style that I can find.

You check all your beast mechs?

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, not an owner yet but I'm really happy with my Woz and have become more interested in TH recently. I've had a chance to play it a few times at shows but with York coming up, I was hoping you guys can help me out. In order to get a good feel for any game, I have to have a basic understanding of the rules and employ some sort of strategy. Now, I've watched a ton of video on it and of course there is far more code than I'll ever get to see at a show. However, I was hoping some of you guys could give me a super basic strategy in order to see what TH has to offer in a very limited time frame at the upcoming York show. I guess I'm asking for the "guest" strategies, as in whatever you would tell a friend to do if he stepped up to the game. Any advice would be appreciated!

https://images.pinside.com/8/79/08/879082bb3784112202e479a06ed37c010ddd4c01.pdf

2 weeks later
#2215 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Was suppose to hit last night, I've been waiting for it.

Just another missed commitment date!

1 month later
#2514 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Upon receipt, a large tear/hole of the cardboard shipping box was noticed on the upper right side. With flashlight inspection, there appears to be no gross trauma (scratches/gouges, etc.) to the cabinet.

I had a simular issue, my box was damaged up the right side! Almost as if a fork from the forklift had teared threw the box as the driver was lifting/lower the forks. The R&L driver sat and waited for me to open the box to ensure there was no damage to the game!

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I was going to put flipper button protectors on my hobbit and I found two wires that look like they came off of the flipper button switch. I don't think they were ever attached but can somebody look at their game and confirm whether they have the same wires just hanging there?

Yes mine has the extra wires as well!

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Heat shrink over the ends - they aren't used.

Any idea as to what they were for Lloyd? Almost looks as though they wired for an upper left flipper!?

(btw Lloyd you can make something up as we're not going to know so make it good)

#2534 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Originally Smaug was going to breathe fire and smoke, player controlled. Unfortunately the test game with this kept smoking up the playfield area so bad that you could no longer see to play. So the whole idea sans wiring harnesses that were already made, was eliminated.
How ever if you care to make such an apparatus yourself, you could still add it into the game.
Disclaimer :

Wish granted.

WAIT I must have one of the proto games then as the Invisaglass on my machine is smoked grey!!!

good stuff Lloyd

#2535 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

For future reference the washers I used were marked as "Size : 3/16 x 3/4 x18g"

koops, apologies if I missed it but did you add washers to all four beast???

1 month later
#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I wanted to send this to Lloyd but I'm not quite sure how you send a PM and attach a picture.

You need to donate to Pinside in order to have the option of PM-ing pictures!

#2816 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

hi, i'm the one making the barrels.
here's a few pics from a pinsider. installed in the hobbit, you can install them anywhere you like, 2 or 4 it's up to you.
just shoot me a pm, i should have a batch ready to go in about a week.

Don't believe he was asking about your barrels! Another party at one time talked about making pop bumper cap to replace the generic one!

#2818 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

oops, sorry. didn't know someone was making pop bumper caps.

That's the "issue" I don't think anyone is! I recall reading a post when JJP first started shipping machines where buyers were complaining about JJP having the one generic cap as opposed to making it like the other two. So maybe this is something for you to come out with since no one else is, apparently, is doing it!

1 month later
#3069 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heads up fellow Hobbit owners. There's now a thread on the JJP Google Group named "Your Hobbit code wishlist". Please share your thoughts and ideas for future code updates. Here's hoping that there's a few more big updates still in the works for The Hobbit.

Correct me if I am wrong but anyone can put a post up on JJP's site. The post you're referring too is no different than if I were to put the same post up on here. In short, it doesn't mean there are any planned updates or that JJP is looking for input, albeit nice if it turns out to be the case!

1 week later
#3119 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

My post stopper for the kickback won't go up. I can go into the test menu and it does nothing until I pick up the plunger a quarter inch. I put a piece of cardboard under it and now it works fine.
Any ideas why it won't work?

Check to make sure that the rubber grommet is there! If it's not, the plunger wont activate as most of the plunger is plastic! If the rubber grommet is not there the plunger sits too low and when the coil activates it wont fire the plunger as there is not enough of the metal plunger inside the coil to activate it!

3 weeks later
#3204 6 years ago
Quoted from udo:

are there things to look out for

a hernia comes to mind!

1 week later
#3264 6 years ago

I picked up one of the Hobbit manuals. Was a little reluctant for $100 but will admit the manual is done VERY nice and has a deluge of info in it! It's not just limited to the typical manual stuff (Adjustments, Settings, Technical etc.) but also a lot of pictures/stories on the making of the game. Steps through the different white-woods, artwork, features etc.! VERY nice manual and worth the money (imo)!

Thanks Lloyd for posting that it was now available as I wasn't aware!!!

#3286 6 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Is manual downloaded from the parts site, or do they send out a printed manual?

Printed on a cardstock like material. Very nicely done! 400+ pages with 72 pages of "extra" stuff (making of The Hobbit) that you don't get from downloading online! Spiral bound!

IMG_7433[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7433[1] (resized).JPG

8 months later
#4243 6 years ago

Looking at the manual I am missing something here! I am getting an error message on all three flippers to "Check Dedicated Switch - EOS Stuck Open" but yet the flippers all work.....what am I missing?

#4245 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

EOS switches aren't working. Machine can work without them.
Go into Tests - Switches - Dedicated, turn each flipper bat. Any of them register on the screen ? If not, check if they close when the pawl moves them, then start checking them for a common broken wire at each on and on the way to the I/O board.

As always Lloyd you’re quick to the rescue, thanks! So I tugged on the wires to each of the switches and found one was cold solder. Just a little tug and the wire came off. Resoldered to no avail. I’m not finding any breaks in the wires but let me ask this. Is it a situation where if one wire is broke all are impacted??

Again, appreciate the assistance. If you can provide any other ideas (use technical for dummies terms n pics help)???

2 months later
#4592 5 years ago

FYI - Per Jonathan's podcast with Jack https://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/flip-expo-2018-jack-guarnieri-olympic-goblin_126676 at the 49:06 mark Jack advises that "the Hobbit is getting another big software update". No time frame as to when it will happen is advised though!

#4633 5 years ago

Anybody ever experience their monitors going out? Screens just went dark, returned after powering game off and back on again!

5 months later
#5576 5 years ago

Apologies as this was probably addressed before but when is the 2.97 to be available for download on JJP"s website? I could've sworn it was to be after this past weekend?

Great to see JJP still making updates to these games!

#5600 5 years ago

Can someone provide me where I can find how to add a sub woofer to a Hobbit

#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

KingBW does a great job of explaining it on page 110 post #5482.

Thanks as that is what I was looking for!

1 week later
#5700 5 years ago

The RING is gold but not the plaque. The plaque is only available in stainless steel. I contacted him before and he said he wasn't going to do the gold/brass plaques.

1 week later
#5730 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Does anyone have an idea of how long the Hobbit Black Arrow edition will be produced? I want to get one eventually, but have a TNA coming soon, so ideally wanting to wait a little bit before getting the Hobbit. I don't want to miss out on being able to get a NIB one in the future, though.

I would think, like WoZ, as long as there is a demand for it Jack will be making them!

1 month later
#6073 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Has Smaug production stopped?

3 years ago! SMAUG GOLD was only available to those that pre-ordered before (I believe) end of December 2015. Obviously there were some NIB ones being sold long after as distributors order extras.

#6093 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Not Frank personally. Point is valid though. Game number won’t help - serial numbers are the key.

Agree, as I remember when I ordered mine I was told u could pick any number I wanted, even 1234 and as long as someone else didn’t already pick it, it was mine!

#6103 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

FYI - I purchased the second to last Smaug NIB directly from Jersey Jack five months ago (07/27). At that time, Jen said that they still had one more in stock. I believe that these were units that were ordered but never paid for. It was nice because it came with all of the fixes/upgrades already installed.

Yeah but there are still distributors out there that have them for sale so anyone wanting one can still get one NIB.

2 weeks later
#6231 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've stretched it a fair amount and it barely hits the D. I'm not comfortable trying to stretch it even more.

Do this .... take the rubber tip off the plunger and take a paper towel and rip a small piece off then stuff it into the rubber and put it back on. You can add more if needed. This moves the rubber tip out further and may give you the extra boost you need. I would then go and order a new spring for the game. One that is high in tension.

#6233 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah nice tip let me try that!
edit: This worked!! Thanks for the tip.

Good so at least you can enjoy the game a little more till you get the new spring. As mentioned above you want the Blue Spring .... Marco (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3) is currently out of stock but this will at least show you the one to order.

1 week later
#6407 5 years ago

So having an issue with one of the pop-ups. Reading that most of the time it's the metal pice in the back you have to adjust but my issue is a little different as mine is binding within the first half inch or so of it popping up. If I push on it from the underside it's obviously hitting something but after pshing hard enough and getting it past the first half inch it's then easy to move up and down. Looking all over I can't find what it's binding on. Before I pull the whole mech out I figured I would post here for input!

Thanks!

#6410 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen mech and line up with hole in the playfield better.

Thanks as always Lloyd! What I did find out was, after pulling the entire mech out is was nothing more than the Goblin head being off kilter. I guess from it being bashed the head was pushed so far to the left (my left looking at the machine from the front) the ear of the Goblin was getting hung up on the frame of the mech. Loosened the head, re-adjusted and tightened again. All is good now!

1 month later
#6608 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn it, I thought I'd spent everything I was going to spend on TH!

Keep a eye out on Amazon as the Polk Subs go on sale often. It’s not as if you need a sub right away so wait for a sale.

#6610 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just bought one 2 days ago on Amazon for $89 for this pin - on sale for their prices. Rarely will Amazon go below that.

an there you have it…

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa

#6613 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Does anyone have production numbers for the different versions or in total?
I've seen /750 for both Black Arrow and Smaug. Is that the same for the LE also?

Smaug had no set number of games made (i.e. 12/750). They made as many games that were ordered up to the deadline (I believe was Dec 2016 or 15 I forget).

Also, Smaug was not made in order. The purchaser could order whatever number they choose and if it wasn’t already taken you got it! I ordered #77 and got it. I could’ve ordered #7777 and if it was available I could’ve got it.

#6616 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So are the /750 units entirely not accurate to some degree? Is there a general consensus regarding how many total units were produced?

When it comes to SE no the 750 is not accurate at all. Not sure about BA.

As for NIB, I agree with Rdoyle1978. There are more than enough used ones out there in exceptional condition I would save the money and buy used.

What version, this is just a matter of preference. The BA has some things SE doesn’t but nothing dramatic IMO so go with the one you like.

You’re welcome to come to my place, in Pittsburgh, and play SE if you want. Just PM me.

2 months later
#6954 4 years ago

Apologies up front as I know these questions have been addressed but just not finding them....
1. Was the volume control on the coin door ever made functional with code updates? If so is there something needed to make it work?
2. I know I read in this post on how to set settings so you don’t get different multi-balls to go off simultaneously.

#6956 4 years ago

Coin door volume is for headphones only.

Let me elaborate, when I plug headphones in the sound still comes out of the speakers and I basically have to turn the volume all the way up on the front panel to hear through the headphones we’ll enough.

Yes there is a setting in the service menu to not allow beast frenzy and smaug multiball to mix

Would you advise as to what the specific setting is. Just not finding it.

Thanks!!!

1 month later
#7184 4 years ago

Looking for input on new rubber set for my hobbit. Titan, white standard rubbers etc.

#7186 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I just did color matched Titan rings on mine. Once I get my ramp situation fixed I'll have lots of photos up. I created a kit on the Titan website.

Thnx for the post. Pics would be appreciated...what kit did you create, the one on 6/15?

#7190 4 years ago

Thanks for the post guys!

Quoted from joelbob:

I actually did Titan Clear on everything and green on my flippers. The light show on this game is fantastic and clear lets that shine through better than any color.

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I did green Titans on mine, pics are posted further back in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/114#post-4670113

Quoted from Reaper802:

Yes 6/15/2019 is the one I built out.

#7201 4 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

Hey got a question thinking about making a trade for a hobbit is there something I should look for or a year that it was built to see any problems

Off the top of my head look for....
Early run had bad metal flaps on the ramps and the left rail the returns the ball to the inlane had issues with the ball coming off the rail.
Check Smaug to make sure the head moves correctly

Sure others will jump in with more thing as well as better details

#7203 4 years ago

This tool is perfect, I have a couple of them.
Just use a piece of maple or a stack of hardwood floor samples (free from home depot, lowes etc...) as a backing die for it.
I have even used the end of a wrought iron railing as a backer. Its just the right width in most cases. You could also use a vise as a die if you have one I guess... lol.
https://www.erivet.com/product_detail.cfm?itemNbr=HT-174

Purchased ones like this as well and work great. Was able to put new flaps on plastic ramps without issue!

9 months later
#8566 3 years ago

Hey guys hoping someone can help me help my sOn out. My Hobbit is back East and my son said all of a sudden all of lights went out. Game still plays but no pf lights. Any idea of issue/things to check?

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

USB cable to B.A.G. board. See if it's plugged in.

Lloyd, thanks as this was the culprit and he was able to fix it (he's never worked on a machine so as little as this seems....)!

Next issue is the top left beast mech, he says it's not popping up but it's trying. I told him to manually lift it and see if anything was binding against the playfield that would keep it from popping up. As he was lifting the mech I can hear metal on metal screeching noise. Sounds as if something in the mech frame is binding.

2 months later
#8774 3 years ago

So I posted this on the WoZ thread so trying here to see if I can get an answer.

Upon turning the game on I’m getting closed switch error for switch 13 (Bilbo ramp). I put the game into test and block the opto and it fixed the issue.

At first I thought it was the optos acting up but upon raising the playfield and moving the wires for the optos it set the switch off. I held the wires still and found the issue to be close to the OPTO IQ Board and not close to the optos themself. I reset the connector to no avail.

Anyone experience this before?

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Flaky connector. Flaky wire. Pin sticking up out of a connector. Wire broken internally you can't see. Etc. etc.
Easy fix. Once you find the problem.

Thanks Lloyd. I looked for the the pin sticking out but will check the others.

2 months later
#9083 3 years ago

Anyone have a left slingshot plastic to sell? Mine broke which leads to the question if there's anything to protect these slingshots? Appears to be an issue with the left one always breaking.

#9094 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Where are these breaking. Will a washer type protector work. Where does it need to go.
Thanks.

They break at the middle point of the plastic where the armature is for the slingshot. Not 100% certain but might be a result of the armature hitting it.

7 months later
#10353 2 years ago

Looking to update Hobbit to latest code to include the Bluetooth (scorebit’s). Went to backup my history and upon plugging in usb the machine isn’t recognizing the usb. It just advises to plug-in the usb. Been awhile since I’ve had to backup so not sure what I’m doing wrong???

As I type this post I started to wonder if a backup even needed for this release??

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes a backup of settings is needed.

Appreciate the post. Correct me if I am wrong but all I need to do is go to backup in the menu and insert a usb and it should backup correct?

When I do this it’s as if the machine is not recognizing the usb being inserted.

#10358 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Also try a different flash drive (I think 16gig or smaller), or a different USB extension cable if you have one laying around. I had a extension cable go bad on me on my WOZ. It is something else to try at least.

It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Do you have the WiFi dongle too? The one in your pic is the Bluetooth one for headphone connection but not internet.
TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi... amazon.com link »
<block quote cite="#6293304">It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. [quoted image]

There in lies the problem. Thanks for the posts as I only have the Bluetooth. Just ordered the WiFi one. So once I get the WiFi dongle just plug it in, turn game on and it will recognize it?

Also, for the BT dongle is there somewhere else to plug this in so you can have the WiFi and BT working?

Thanks again

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Yeah you got it. It’s plug and play. You’ll go into the Utilities part of the menu to set the correct WiFi network and enter the password. There are some open Bluetooth spots in the back of the computer that are open but LTG recommended a USB hub so you don’t need to get back there. If you can find his post he had the particular hub he recommends. Good luck!

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Just get one of those cheap Amazon USB hubs. We use them all the time.

Thank you both!

#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Do you have the WiFi dongle too? The one in your pic is the Bluetooth one for headphone connection but not internet.
TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi... amazon.com link »
<block quote cite="#6293304">It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. [quoted image]

Received WiFi dongle today and plugged it Into the front usb (by coin box). How does one set it up from here? I went to network settings and there’s nothing for WiFi connection.

I looked on JJP site for instructions but not finding it. If anyone has a link please provide.

Do you need both the WiFi and BT dongles plugged in?

#10367 2 years ago

Received WiFi dongle today and plugged it Into the front usb (by coin box). How does one set it up from here? I went to network settings and there’s nothing for WiFi connection.

I looked on JJP site for instructions but not finding it. If anyone has a link please provide.

Do you need both the WiFi and BT dongles plugged in?

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Did you update the game first? You'll need to update to make it wifi compatible first. Then those settings will be available.

I downloaded 3.11. That’s what is needed correct? I have the Scorbit on the machine I just don’t see the WiFi network as an option

#10372 2 years ago

Just wanted share pic of the menu

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cool. Did you see what the screen says ? The Read Terms and Conditions part ?
Go to Terms and Conditions - do what the screen says.
Then go to Network Settings.

98% of the time the problem is between the chair and the keyboard!!!

Thanks all. Have it loaded.

10 months later
#11232 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Lior beasts are in and ready for battle! If I’m being honest, I prefer the larger proportion of the originals, but these replacements are very nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

400$ for the 4 beast targets (not knocking the price but....) so you can beat the crap out of them with a steel ball!! LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.