IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5587 5 years ago

I have an opportunity to get a Black Arrow for a good price but really like the Smaug or regular LE trim better. I know it's a matter of taste but is Black Arrow more sought after and rarer of the bunch?

1 week later
#5652 5 years ago

Joined the club today, looks like I didn't get black flippers in mine so I'll have to contact my distributor about that. They put the ring button decal on very crooked, would like to try and re-stick it but afraid it will get screwed up removing it. The plunger spring is very weak, I'm guessing it's supposed to be that way. My first JJ so very excited.

20181102_190619 (resized).jpg20181102_190619 (resized).jpg20181102_190628 (resized).jpg20181102_190628 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5744 5 years ago

Trying to update to 3.0 from 2.96, followed the instructions but no dice the first time. Do I need to reinstall 2.0 first?

#5746 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read the instructions carefully. Full Install, not delta.
Download update. Download unetbootin. Open unetbootin and use it to place update on a formatted memory stick with nothing else on it. Can take 20 to 30 minutes or more to put on memory stick.
Turn game off. Insert memory stick. Turn game on. Update in progress on the screen. 20 minutes or so. Screen says remove memory stick and restart the game.
LTG : )

Did all that but when I turn on game with USB stick plugged in it just boots to 2.96.

#5750 5 years ago
Quoted from IceFang:

While following the full install instructions exactly, is anyone else getting a "file X:\syslinux/menu.c32 already exists" prompt? Not knowing exactly what to do, I chose "Yes to All", and it SEEMS to have installed fully on the stick. However, at the very end, I also get a pop-up indicating UNetbootin "might not have installed correctly". I am hesitant to try updating with these unexpected pop-ups, and I'm curious is anyone else is experiencing this.
[quoted image]

I'm getting the same thing, tried two different USB sticks and my game is not recognizing that there is a memory stick plugged it. It just boots to 2.96.

#5753 5 years ago

If my game is not recognizing the USB stick when I turn it on, will selecting factory reset in the menu do the same thing?

#5758 5 years ago

Finally got it updated, had to use rufus instead of unetbootin.

#5825 5 years ago

I found this blocking the mode ball lock hole to the right of the Smaug Dragon head, anyone know what this fell off of?

20181118_143740 (resized).jpg20181118_143740 (resized).jpg
#5832 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Light shield under the ramp. 2nd time this has been posted, didn't know they were so brittle. Taking the ramp off is not easy.

Thanks, sounds like fun putting it back.

2 weeks later
#5955 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I’m having a terrible time trying to get it 3.0 loaded!i had to walk away and have some beers! Tried 3 different flash drives
.any thoughts ? Pin won’t recognize software. I’m on 2.95
Thanks I’m gonna have another beer just cuz!✌️

Try rufus instead of unetbootin, that's what I had to do on mine for it to work.

2 weeks later
#6065 5 years ago

I have not had any crash issues on 3.0 but had to use rufus to install it instead of unetbootin. I wonder if this is related at all.

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I can not get 3.0 on to my usb for update any tips??
Thx!

I had to use rufus instead of unetbootin, you might try that also.

3 weeks later
#6361 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

next time I have the time and energy to play Hobbit

haha it's is definitely draining to play for that long but an adventure for sure, my best is just over 5 mil and I needed a nap afterwards.

#6369 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Hey Reno I followed these and the update appeared to work. (No errors or anything) however on screen at bottom right when I open coin door it says ver 1.9.
Any obvious solution?

Try rufus instead of unetbootin.

4 years later
#11790 1 year ago

Just got a Hobbit back in the collection and the wifi won't connect to my network, it sees my network just fine just won't connect. Do you have to change registration with JJP to new owner before it will connect? It does have the Beta code so don't know if that makes a difference.

#11793 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you give it your user name and password?

My password yes, what username?

#11794 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
Could be settings on your router.

Do you know what specific settings to look for?

#11796 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry no. It may have been posted in this thread. You can search just this thread. Or someone may post help.

Tried a different dongle that I know works with my router and still no dice, something specific with the game is causing it. I guess I'll email JJP support.

#11798 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Is your WIFI frequency combing both 2.4 and 5GHz? I know some WIFI devices only connect with the 2.4GHz and if they are combined the machine may only be trying the 5GHz and you’d never know it. If they aren’t combined, do you see both the 2.4 and 5 separately?

My router has both and have tried to connect to both multiple times, they are separate.

#11801 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Going to assume you're doing this but thought I'd post the JJP instructions for GNR, I would think it's the same for Hobbit. Not at home right now to verify.[quoted image]

Yes have done those steps multiple times. Got an email back from JJP to reach out to the beta code team.

#11803 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What brand/model WiFi dongle is in your game?

TP-link wireless nano usb adapter/802.11ac WLAN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.