IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3492 6 years ago

Well done JJP. Keep on supporting WOZ and Hobbit. Both fantastic pins that will never leave my collection.

2 months later
#3793 6 years ago

Choosing the modes. Must admit I wasn't aware of this until a few months into ownership. The Hobbit really is a fantastic piece of work. Some great coding and integration of theme here. The new code keeps making it better.

1 month later
#3943 6 years ago

I always wondered what it did. Never noticed it flash either..lol

8 months later
#4808 5 years ago

I tend to alternate between the pins I play. Anyways back playing Hobbit and defeated the Smaug for the first time. However what really disappointed me was that I hadn't completed
'into the fire'
'barrel escape'
'Battle of Five armies'

Why would this happen?
If this is not a bug I think JJP in the new update need to have a high score table for scores that have defeated the Smaug. Thoughts ?

#4811 5 years ago

Didn’t realise you could kill Smaug without completing the three arkenstone modes. Surely you should be rewarded for it in the high score table.
Anyways thanks guys for the quick response..

3 weeks later
#5097 5 years ago

If you don't complete say min 50% of each mode I don't think you should qualify for TABA. Cradling the ball till the mode times out feels like cheating to me..

#5099 5 years ago

Agree, great update. Can see this pin being in the Top 20.

2 months later
#5394 5 years ago

Actually sometimes when playing the mini wizard modes and Smaug multi ball further into the game, I'm shouting at the playfield as it does feel you are battling the enemy. Great code.. Great game.. Should be a top 10 pin now..

1 month later
#5623 5 years ago

Where can I find the 2.99 update?

#5644 5 years ago

Quoted from Kenz:
Where can I find the 2.99 update?
On the JJP WOZ forum on Google. If you have the game and don't have access to the group, email jen@jerseyjackpinball to get access.
LTG : )

Updated my TH to 2.99. Epic game. Managed to get to ‘into the fire’ level 2 then lost my ball. It was like fighting an army. Anyways how many levels is there?

2 months later
#6311 5 years ago

Updated mine to 3.1 tonight. What can I say. Another layer of polish has been added to this game. Some of the lightening affects are amazing. I don’t think any other pin has the grunt to replicate this. Unfortunately I forgot to save my scores prior to update. However the game feels harder and different from the last update. Seems to drain more on the outlanes. Well done JJP!

2 years later
#10280 2 years ago

Caught me off guard that. Expected DI to be next in line for scorbit and wifi connectivity..

#10281 2 years ago

Keep up the great work JJP!

2 years later
#12926 39 days ago

Faulty SSD?

#12928 39 days ago

Fair enough. Very odd. I would check and reseat all connections in the backbox.

2 weeks later
#12971 19 days ago

Got my first real problem with my Smaug apart from the springs coming off. The W in the DWARF drop targets won’t stay up. Looks like the plastic retainer screw at the bottom has fallen off and put strain on the plastic stopper at the top of the mech. Unfortunately gave up removing the complete mech out for a proper inspection. But see the small broken plastic pieces on the bottom of cab. Any quick fix on this. Apart from removing the 4 screws either side of the mech and unplugging it. Any other truck I’m missing in removing this..

#12973 19 days ago

Thanks Steve for the quick response. I’ll shuffle my machines back as getting a similar part to the uk will take a while..

Keep me posted on your findings!

#12980 18 days ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

If it’s the little black tab (Circled in my attached pic) that is broken - yes. The whole bracket is the part.
And my name is not Steve lol. That is the JJP service guy I quoted.
Also LTG suggested, a few posts down from my original query, to glue and tape the broken piece back on…
[quoted image]

Sorry Steve .. I did think of glueing it as I’ve kept the small bits of plastic. The mech didn’t seem to want to pull out much. I removed the 2 screws either side of mech and the one connector. Anything more I should be looking for..

1 week later
#12996 6 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Sorry Steve .. I did think of glueing it as I’ve kept the small bits of plastic. The mech didn’t seem to want to pull out much. I removed the 2 screws either side of mech and the one connector. Anything more I should be looking for..

Can someone confirm that it’s only two screws either side of the dwarf drop targets to remove this mech..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=kenz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.