Topic Stats

• 7,680 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0004 (resized).JPG
DSC_0002 (resized).JPG
DSC_0003 (resized).JPG
DSC_0001 (resized).JPG
20190930_142733 (resized).jpg
3AB4FCA1-9B0A-47E3-A410-199B753BCACA (resized).jpeg
received_311232306261863 (resized).jpeg
20190917_192204 (resized).jpg
hob2 (resized).jpg
hob1 (resized).jpg
20190910_204154 (resized).jpg
F4C8CE81-C099-402E-850C-2B30674B6D1F (resized).jpeg
ABFFC79A-6CB5-45F2-9E17-C434C1B4A4DB (resized).jpeg
FC90D5E6-468A-4D1E-B6C8-3C42A9410229 (resized).jpeg
ECC74D20-E70B-43DD-97BD-719DDD6825FE (resized).jpeg
menu1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6161 9 months ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hello,

1) Since a few days, my Orc randomly seems to hesitate before popping up. (see at 0:04 & 0:13)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au8iWRzg08HDpE5MkuFtMOQW72_T

Thanks

I have a similar issue with mine on the goblin. Curious to see what people suggest here for a fix...

1 week later
#6285 9 months ago

So I finally had a rubber break in my game. Anyone have suggestions on a good replacement set? If I go with Titan rubbers does anyone have any color suggestions?

#6290 9 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I swapped out the stock white with clear. I think it looks better and doesn’t show black dust as much as the white.
My second color choice would be black

Do you have pictures? What colors did you use on the flippers and did you replace the posts as well?

#6335 9 months ago

What Extra Ball settings do you guys play with? With a game as deep as this I want to turn some on without feeling like I'm "cheating" too much.

#6404 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, they are just as reliable as the latest games assuming the proper hardware fix updates have been done. They consisted of the following. I would ask the owner if they did these unless they were done from the factory. If they were not done JJP will likely send you the update kit for free.
1. Spacers in beast mech area to prevent balls from getting stuck when beast mechs close
2. Springs replaced on all drop targets
3. Ramp flaps replaced with blue steel flaps, the older ones are prone to curling
4. Post installed at far left rail (leads to kick back) to prevent ball from falling off or rail replaced entirely with updated rail.

Do you have pictures of the Beast Mech spacers? I just got my Hobbit used and I'm curious if I have them. Thanks!

1 month later
#6617 7 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Finally got around to putting a proper session on The Hobbit with a subwoofer hooked up . The sound on The Hobbit is awesome but with a sub connected it takes it to another level . So easy to do . Anyone on the fence about doing it I couldn't recommend it highly enough .

Let’s say I already have a spare sub, what cables do I need to buy to connect it?

#6634 7 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lift the trap doors to the beasts on the Playfield and there should be a piece of plastic in front of the head
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So my "beast lights" look like the second picture where they are in two segments. Should I contact JJP about getting the clear pieces like the third picture?

4 weeks later
#6749 6 months ago

Well this was a first. Ball bounced up and got stuck above the plastic protector during beast multiball. I kept playing to see if it would roll out but it obviously didn’t. I pulled the glass off, stuck a ball in both VUK and 2 and the shooter lane. Glass replaced and back in action as soon as I closed the coin door. Fun stuff!

3C495A31-5C57-4937-A81C-FD37D53F949C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6770 6 months ago

When is the middle ramp diverter used to send it back down the other ramp? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it being used.

#6787 6 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It also is used when you press the ring button when "Backstab" is available for the beasts. I don't really know when that is really needed for that though or the advantage for it ... I just try for direct hits to the beasts.

I had NO IDEA what the backstab button was actually doing. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#6906 5 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree mine catches every ball every time no matter how fast they're going

So what is the verdict? My probably catches 30% of the time. Is that normal or not? Does anyone know if the code expects it to catch every time? If so what would cause it not to catch?

4 weeks later
#7020 4 months ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

pineal: Oh it's my cup of tea. I love the game. I just never had a new machine and it is frustrating trying to figure it out. Just yesterday, I got to "in the fire". I have NO idea how I got there. That particular game lasted 15 minutes. I had only one Multiball. I got a whopping 273K points! I've had games where there were multiple Mutiballs and had 500K. Not sure how I got to "in the fire", and I feel like Multiball is more points. I know I'm goofed up in my thinking here.

Hey Gordon,

I sent you a PM. Feel free to give me a call and I'd be happy to explain the game to you. I love mine.

-Joel

1 month later
#7188 3 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Looking for input on new rubber set for my hobbit. Titan, white standard rubbers etc.

I actually did Titan Clear on everything and green on my flippers. The light show on this game is fantastic and clear lets that shine through better than any color.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside