IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9002 3 years ago

Hi all,

I'm officially part of the club....picked up a nice Gold Smaug last night... I've been trying to tear through this thread to find out everything and anything I can about the machine.....one thing I couldn't find much information on (likely I'm just not looking hard enough) is more information on protecting the playfield kickout holes where the ball enters...I'm likely going to order the Cliffy's....but they don't seem to protect the inside of the holes where the ball will first hit when it enters. Is is necessary? I'm afraid over time these holes will take a beating more than the outside where the cliffy's protect.

Thanks all,
Greg

#9004 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:I have the cliffy's on both VUK holes, but they don't protect the 'sides' of the hole. To my knowledge there isn't anything that will protect that part of the playfield.

That is what I thought. I am noticing some wear around the inside of the holes which has me a bit concerned. May try to add a little something there.

#9007 3 years ago

Yes, i'm feeling a little bit of fibers...thanks for the suggestion.

#9009 3 years ago

My machine didn't come with a tilt plum bob. Anything special about the one that comes with it or will a common Stern type work just fine?

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

JJP uses the williams setup for modern games.
Its listed in the manual with all the part numbers.
Download the manual from JJP website if you dont have it already.

Great. Thank you.

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Also, has anyone gotten the side art blades? Any pictures you could provide? Wondering how good they look.

I have the gold ones and were installed by the previous owner. I do like them although the previous owner wasn’t careful when lifting the Playfield and scratched them up.

21B03599-8675-4504-9E3F-60CF80381899 (resized).jpeg21B03599-8675-4504-9E3F-60CF80381899 (resized).jpeg
#9040 3 years ago

Is it normal for the rubber foot of the under Playfield bar to rest on top of the shaker motor?

#9046 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

So the pinsider I bought this machine from had the Grand Champion score at 1,899,XXX. Well, on my second ball I had 1,850,000 or so and had already done Into the Fire and had Barrel Escape and Battle of the Five Armies lit up. I thought for sure I would beat the GC score, but then proceeded to epically choke on that last ball and finished with a 1,866,XXX score. FML...
At least I got the record for modes started, modes completed, beast slayer, etc. Don't know if I'll go on another run like that anytime soon (had multiple extra balls on that first ball), but it sure will be fun to try. Don't think this game will be leaving soon, if ever.

That's pinball. Get too confident and boom....dreams shattered... lol

#9048 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

It's the worst when you're 100,000 from the GC with two balls to go and you lose your second last ball quickly and then you panic on your last ball .
I try to never look at my score until the game is over now .

Yes. Best to try not to look at score. I do this all the time!

#9087 3 years ago

Is there a way to reset the high scores on this machine?

#9089 3 years ago

OK thanks. I couldn't find it but will look a bit harder. Seeing how far off I am from the previous owner's high scores makes me feel like a loser.

#9091 3 years ago

Got it now. Thanks. It was quite obvious. Not sure how I missed it! Yes. Its a great OS. Loving the technology in this machine.

#9113 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Also, don't judge my score. I've only owned it for two weeks.

You doubled my score and I got mine shortly before you. I'm really starting to wonder why I bother with pinball. lol I think I am going to switch from 3 to 5 ball.........

#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from dabear007:

Congrats!
I've had my Black Arrow for exactly 4 weeks now and almost hit 5 Million 2 nights ago.
made it the 5th level of Battle of the Five Armies on an epic 2 hour game!
Shoulders are still a little sore.
Lol
Wish I could've seen all the action on the screen, those Arkenstone modes can get intense.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh you are just showing off now. Haha. Nice work. I killed Smaug twice so that gives me some satisfaction although it was by accident. I had no idea it was going to happen.

#9130 3 years ago

What about flipper alignment. Does everyone center them on on the playfield hole? Mine were a little high and I moved them to center. Not sure if the previous owner set them differently or if it was stock.

#9149 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsaversunite:

Finally ready to purchase this pin but I am a few years late! Is pinside market the best source or are folks scoring them elsewhere? I don’t want to settle on a new Stern or JJP’s October release since the immersive adventure of the Hobbit just can’t be duplicated from what I have played so far. Obtaining one now though seems pretty challenging. Any tips? Thanks.

They come up all the time in the market. Just be patient and check often. I just scored one a few weeks back.

#9162 3 years ago

Does it have to be done from the top right flipper? Because I'm sure I did it by hitting it using the bottom flippers. I've done this by accident twice now.

#9211 3 years ago

I'm installing a lighting mod and need a splitter to grab power from the topper. What type of connector is that?

#9222 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

People say this all the time but it is not the same. You want to keep the players separate with a separate coop score table.

And you don't want a high score to save in this scenario....

7 months later
#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is there anything else in this update besides WiFi and scorbit to make it worth updating? I don’t expect any more updates and I don’t use scorbit. I see it says other fixes, etc., but are they noticeable? Wasn’t going to update if it’s just WiFi and scorbit.

I was wondering the same. Not sure its worth updating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.