IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grateful_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5044 5 years ago

My HobbitLE gets delivered tomorrow!

It’s a Dec/Nov build I believe. Anybody know what code it should come installed with. I’m gong to get my usb ready tonight and wondered if I’d need to install 2.0 first. Not sure when 2.0 came out and if it would be installed on Dec/Nov build. Thanks.

#5046 5 years ago

Thanks LTG. Appreciate the quick response
I’ve done updates on WOZ and DI, only past issue was needing to try a different USB.
....was curious about if 2.0 would be needed before 2.96. Looks like I’ll get to go straight to the delta Tomorrow afternoon can’t get here soon enough.

#5052 5 years ago

HobbitLE #62 delivered today. Code update installed after finding loose connector on back of blank monitor screen. Glad that’s all it was.
Loving this game!
Question. I noticed that the yellow dome light on top of the non barrel pop bumper was not lit up when the other yellow dome lights were.
I checked in test and it did not light up with Gi only or All Led tests. Would light up short/quick flashes in the LED & Flash test. Is this correct? Thanks
BE01F8AC-C6ED-45D8-A26E-EFA272398B82 (resized).jpegBE01F8AC-C6ED-45D8-A26E-EFA272398B82 (resized).jpeg

Edit: seems to flash fine when I hit the ball into the bumpers so I assume its ok.

#5053 5 years ago

Next issues with my NIB Hobbit:

Found 4 loose screws laying in cabinet. 3 of them came from coin mech. I remember a past post with someone showing a pic of these screws. Have not figured out 4th screw

My pop up peg in left outline would not pop up when starting a mode. Found loose nut on plastic height adjustment screw and screw backed all the way out. Adjusted and raised height and all ok.

I’m getting a drop target banks malfunction detected in test report but all seems to work in game play??

Upper flipper seems very weak and slow to respond. Had a similar issue with NIB WOZ once opened and found broken spring but spring is intact....thoughts.

Left coin slot will not allow coin through to register have to press to fall through coin return. Right works fine. Was missing both thumb screws on left and upper on right. Found all 3 as previously mentioned.

Loving game between fixes
Thanks for help.

#5055 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a screw on the side of the coin mech. Turn it a little to open the part the coin goes through.
LTG : )

Which one of these screws? I’m sure most know which screw. I’ve got 3 pins and an arcade machine but have never had to adjust the coin mechs. Sorry for the noob questions

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5057 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick responses LTG.
I’ve turned it quarter turn trying quarters each time and it now falls stalraight to the con return but not through the mech to register payment. I’ve screwed it several turns and no changes.

#5059 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not there to help unfortunately. Turn it back to where it sticks and then a teeny bit to where it doesn't.
Some are finicky. Too little coin sticks, too much it drops through.
Be sure the mech is clean too and the moving parts move freely.
LTG : )

It was this top spring. It was pushed too far to the right. When you said TJ check if everything moved freely. I compared it to the right coin mech. That spring went up and down but left one wouldn’t move until I pushed it to the left to seat it correctly. Thanks Lloyd !

How much weaker should the upper flipper be compared to the right and left flippers? My WOZ upper flipper seems just as strong as lowers. But Hobbit is much weaker.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5082 5 years ago

I’ve got the fax machine sound and static issues coming out of both my right and left speakers and possibly slightly from the sub.
I’ve made it through not quite half of the tweaks and adjustments thread and saw many people talking about different things to try. Wondered what the current consensus was to correct this issue before opening a ticket with JJP.
Thanks

3 months later
#5646 5 years ago

Where should a orbit around from the left loop end up? ....left flipper? Because mine ends up SDTM every time if I don’t divert with the upper flipper. Is this correct?

#5648 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Right flipper.

Ughh. Mines not close to right flipper. Thought I could angle it out to hit left flipper.
Thoughts on getting it to the right flipper? I have everything apart right now to adjust. Run in to post if I try to push bracket outward. And no wiggle room with bracket and screw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grateful_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=grateful_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.