20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2101 7 years ago

Hey guys, not an owner yet but I'm really happy with my Woz and have become more interested in TH recently. I've had a chance to play it a few times at shows but with York coming up, I was hoping you guys can help me out. In order to get a good feel for any game, I have to have a basic understanding of the rules and employ some sort of strategy. Now, I've watched a ton of video on it and of course there is far more code than I'll ever get to see at a show. However, I was hoping some of you guys could give me a super basic strategy in order to see what TH has to offer in a very limited time frame at the upcoming York show. I guess I'm asking for the "guest" strategies, as in whatever you would tell a friend to do if he stepped up to the game. Any advice would be appreciated!

#2105 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Watch the little screen for what you currently
need to do.

Okay, that is something I wasn't doing at the last couple shows. In fact, at a few shows I think I even played it before that was an actual LCD. Thanks!

Lol thanks, do you hand the rule sheet to everyone that comes over to casually play it? I guess what I was looking for is advice like what I give to casual players that come over to my place i.e. Mist ball on Dracula, prison multi-ball on TWD, Monger on IM, castle on MM etc.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

The goal at the moment is to get into arkenstone modes. There are 2. Will be 3 soon.
I posted this video a couple of days ago but here it is again. I think it's fun Aiming to complete these 5 objectives ad it gives a good mix of what to shoot for
» YouTube video

Great advice, thanks! It seems similar to the 4 goals in Woz in order to get to the first wizard mode. Fantastic video by the way! You are right, it looks like that will give a pretty good mix of what TH has to offer. Much appreciated!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=glarrownage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.