Topic Stats

• 7,930 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0EBF61C9-860A-4237-84E3-A4810907060F (resized).jpeg
95937948-C10C-4118-BF50-2D83A8119265 (resized).jpeg
AC977F7C-F4EB-4A21-B065-77BD8B30E6E4 (resized).jpeg
61188774-F72B-48E1-B400-8118BD7D7A90 (resized).jpeg
3E1B9990-8695-4EF7-9CF7-334A53871163 (resized).jpeg
96A279BA-D769-4927-A255-614370D13582 (resized).jpeg
D42E605B-56D9-49C5-A6C0-0C8B2251718A (resized).jpeg
Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago

Anyone have any insight on when code will be released to push this bad boy past beta?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

According to Jack the call out voices were too close and that he had to change them. Then the licensor said the were too different so jack had to move it closer to the voice of the actor. So they are working on it. I think Gandalf is ok , I think the main issue is Smaug Bilbo and gollum

Wait, are you saying the hold up on code right now is voice over approval? If so, that is not good, not good at all!

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Is it me or does it seem that new owners are not In love with their new pins? Most comments are on the downsides and not as much in the positives. As a pending SE owner I'm certainly hoping there are a lot of positive and exciting things about this pin. As I'm also awaiting a GBLE owner here is hoping for a fantastic doing/summer of new pins.

I have to agree. No raving reviews from owners. And any mention or hope of code updates brings nothing but crickets.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Keith commented on the code on the JJP forums. There is nothing to worry about it almost completed. Wouldn't give a date but said it would not be years or months.

Nice. So where are these JJP forums?

1 week later
#89 3 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

OK, what a PITA that was taking off the pop ups. Actually, after getting to a hidden screw, it wasn't too bad. The PITA was putting it back on. To take off, you have to pull off hairpin clips that are holding the springs in place for the spring steel flap. After the flap is off, it is just a matter of removing the 5 screws on the underside of the playfield and dropping the mechanism from below. Pulling them off is easy enough if you use a magnet attached to the spring before pulling the hairpin clip, otherwise the spring will go flying once you pull the clip. Putting it back on is a different story. I would not have been able to do this without the assistance of my wife. My fingers are to big to get enough of them in there to hold the spring and set the hairpin clip.

PITA, yes. Thanks for the updates!

2 weeks later
#143 3 years ago

I'm not sure what to think about this honestly. I've bought a dozen+ sterns NIB and can't even remember what the back of their backbox looks like.

2 months later
#909 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It does not mess up very often. Way more reliable that the one on STLE. But it would still be nice to have a very short ball saver for the times that the ball travels too fast to be saved.

Watch out everyone, STLE Stern defender in the house On the newest code, my STLE kickback has probably failed once...maybe twice in about 500 games that i owned it. I'd say thats pretty acceptable.

P.S -
Cant wait to play your hobbit. Hoping my budget can fit one in my lineup in the near future ...but the dead are calling me too. Dam this hobby!

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

My first unboxing video.
» YouTube video

Haha great video!

Note to self; when I get a hobbit I better take a week off work for setup time lol.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Got 1.6M last night! Knocked my daughter completely off the high score list - she's not happy about that...
Game is incredible so far...! So very glad I didn't bail during the wait. There were a number of times I was ready to make the call and get my money back. I did learn that I'm not a preorder kinda guy - so I won't be doing that again!!
Looking forward to the next code update - the modes, light show, sounds, etc. are all fantastic already - only going to get better!

Nice story. Now update your Pinside collection! I only kid. But congrats on bullying your daughter out of the GC spot. Now let her play

3 weeks later
#1371 3 years ago

I don't own hobbit. But I get the reasoning for charging for the wireform and have no problem with it. It could be worse, could have to pay for a color rom for the display

#1426 3 years ago

nice congrats. Curious to hear more on this mode + ball lock feature. For instance,

1. if you choose to take the Mode + Ball lock, does that clear the lock for Smaug?
2. Is there any additional scoring during a mode for having more than 1 ball in play from the Mode + Lock?
3. any other cool features added to 1.3?

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone on the fence I'd HIGHLY recommend purchasing it. Its my families all time favorite pin after 3-4 weeks of heavy play. Its a ton of fun, built like a tank, amazing light and video show...I know its likely never leaving our lineup

How do you like it compared to WOZ, personally?

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Comments on 1.3 code:
This update has changed the way I play.
I no longer "chop wood" endlessly to get mutiballs and high scores.
My game is now about collecting runes to get into the "into the fire and Barrel escape" modes.
The sooner I can: complete a mode, finish Smaug MB (usually get all the dwarves during MB), kill the beasts, and get to erebor, the better.
I get great satisfaction upon completing the modes and learning new things about the game each time I play.
Into the fire and barrel escape are such a rush! I want to get to them as soon as possible!
One thing I noticed is that its way harder to get to Erebor via the spinners with the book MB addition as the ball returns via the ramp instead of going thru the spinner to advance.
I also like the ability to turn pages in the book via the flippers while the ball is on the wireform. If you get lucky you can scroll thru to a single task mode to get your rune.
With all of this I can get to a million points in 15 mins vs 40 mins on a good game.
Until now I never postponed the lock feature, but now depending on whats going on, I do it a lot.
I havent killed Smaug or finished Into the fire, I just dont know how to do it...!
Maybe there's a video on it...

This is a great post to read. I don't own hobbit, but from the dozen games I played, and from reading threads, it just seems the modes/game seem like one gigantic redwood tree to chop down. Glad to hear that's really not necessarily the case. Sounds like it's not too bad getting barrel escape and ITF; does the game score adequately for achieving those modes? And can you progress through modes while in those special modes?

3 weeks later
#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I'm really enjoying the hobbit but the multi balls seem a little to easy to start and to frequent, it would be nice to focus on the the missions without a multiball always starting. Stacking the multi balls is insanity all I do is watch the flippers and try to keep everything going, one multiball takes away from the others. What does everyone else think?

Have you tried adjusting the LOCK settings to something harder? I don't have hobbit but this could cut down on the extraneous multiball action.

2 years later
#6387 10 months ago

Would Hobbit be considered a loud game with all those drops, if the music was turned down?

#6392 10 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

You can always come over and decide if it’s too loud in person.

I may take you up on that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside