Topic Stats

• 7,681 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by fnosm
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0004 (resized).JPG
DSC_0002 (resized).JPG
DSC_0003 (resized).JPG
DSC_0001 (resized).JPG
20190930_142733 (resized).jpg
3AB4FCA1-9B0A-47E3-A410-199B753BCACA (resized).jpeg
received_311232306261863 (resized).jpeg
20190917_192204 (resized).jpg
hob2 (resized).jpg
hob1 (resized).jpg
20190910_204154 (resized).jpg
F4C8CE81-C099-402E-850C-2B30674B6D1F (resized).jpeg
ABFFC79A-6CB5-45F2-9E17-C434C1B4A4DB (resized).jpeg
FC90D5E6-468A-4D1E-B6C8-3C42A9410229 (resized).jpeg
ECC74D20-E70B-43DD-97BD-719DDD6825FE (resized).jpeg
menu1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider energyspike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7214 3 months ago

A little late to the party, #1257 arrived yesterday. Open box photo reduced price with factory fixes. Smaug had loose screws, was rubbing against ramp now fixed. Looks like they bent the ramp near the head to avoid the rubbing. I have an EOS error on the right flipper, no broken wire so I assume it is just a bad switch...thoughts?

20190712_142116 (resized).jpg20190713_080118 (resized).jpg20190713_080215 (resized).jpg20190713_081613 (resized).jpg
#7215 3 months ago

Also found this on the playfield by the bumpers...?

20190713_084914 (resized).jpg
#7217 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Goes under the ramp it’s a diffuser for the ramp LEDs

Thank you

#7222 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bad switch isn't likely. They are leaf blade switches, you can see if both are intact. Clean by putting a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed while pulling the paper out. Tests - Switches - Dedicated.
If it doesn't register in test. Look at the other EOS switches for a broken wire. Or a connector not plugged in under the playfield.
LTG : )

Thanks, the other 2 flipper eos switches are working so I'll check underneath for a disconnect. I'll also pull it out and clean / inspect...

#7226 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bad switch isn't likely. They are leaf blade switches, you can see if both are intact. Clean by putting a piece of paper between them and gently hold closed while pulling the paper out. Tests - Switches - Dedicated.
If it doesn't register in test. Look at the other EOS switches for a broken wire. Or a connector not plugged in under the playfield.

LTG, followed your suggestion, even removed EOS Switch to inspect, still not working. Left flipper and upper right are still working fine. Checked connections on main box and board J601, reconnected etc.. Where do I go from here?

20190713_192223 (resized).jpg20190713_192308 (resized).jpg
#7228 3 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi Energyspike - your checking with a meter - correct?

Yes, metered all wires in the daisy chain and are good (EOS Switches are all good). All the wires, black / white stripe, black / brown stripe, black / red stripe and black at the connector to the IO Board are good. Could it be an IO Board issue? Thoughts?

#7240 3 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

That’s what it’s sounding like. I would go into dedicated switches tests, then pull the connector at the io board. With the connector off you could take a piece of wire and short the pins for black / black-brown. If nothing changes then it’s the board.

Thank you for the suggestion. The IO Board is good, that was a quick way to check.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ohm Meter the connector at the EOS.
Manually actuate the switch.
Does it close?
Continue to the next connector.
Manually actuate the switch.
Does it close?
Do this until you reach the final connector at the PC board, test again.
Verify there are no loose pins or bad crimps from the EOS all the way to the PC board.
Do this first.
Test that the connector at the PC board actually contacts the pins on the PC board.
Momentarily Jumper the pins on the PC board for that switch.
It should activate.
Check for loose pin or cold joint on the PC board.
Check and meter all fuses, check for loose fuse holders.

Thank you both for the help, Pinside members are awesome...

I narrowed it down step by step as suggested, it was the connector to the IO Board, I pulled out the black / brown stripe wire and bent the crimp wider secured back into the connector and were good (Holy crap Batman, to the very end). I learned a lot today and feels good to resolve. It is understandable that all that wiring and connectors and complexity of these machines, something so small can go wrong. I just got into pinball over a year ago and love it and hope to do small restore projects when I retire ( 5 years).

Love this game so far, it is everything that I expected after reading through this whole thread....

20190713_192308Arrow (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7571 32 days ago

A new issue recently, the skill shot will randomly reset when the ball kicks from the trough into the shooter lane. Checked switches to see if there were any issues, all showed working normal. Thoughts? The next ball will sometimes have the skill shot available but seems to be lessand less as I test / play.

Thanks,

#7573 32 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try going into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, then bang on the playfield. See if vibration sets any off. If so adjust as needed.

Will do....Thank you!

#7574 32 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try going into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, then bang on the playfield. See if vibration sets any off. If so adjust as needed.

LTG, Smaug left limit is triggered when banging on the play-field, nothing else....Would this be the issue?

#7576 32 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be.

What adjustments are available? Does that include removing Smaug?

#7578 31 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If so, it would be an issue with his optos. Nothing you could adjust. Check wires, solder joints, flaky opto ?

Thanks again, appreciate the support!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
$ 189.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider energyspike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside