Topic Stats

• 7,920 posts
  • 519 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0EBF61C9-860A-4237-84E3-A4810907060F (resized).jpeg
95937948-C10C-4118-BF50-2D83A8119265 (resized).jpeg
AC977F7C-F4EB-4A21-B065-77BD8B30E6E4 (resized).jpeg
61188774-F72B-48E1-B400-8118BD7D7A90 (resized).jpeg
3E1B9990-8695-4EF7-9CF7-334A53871163 (resized).jpeg
96A279BA-D769-4927-A255-614370D13582 (resized).jpeg
D42E605B-56D9-49C5-A6C0-0C8B2251718A (resized).jpeg
Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cscmtp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

Its so deflating to read so many negatives about this pin that many of us have been waiting years for.

1 month later
#220 3 years ago

Pimp77 thank you for your writeup and pics!

4 weeks later
#669 3 years ago

KPG are you loving the pin? Can you compare to anything else you've had in your collection or played before?

1 month later
#1158 3 years ago

Just scored 4,238,307 with stock settings. Killed smaug, won 3 extra balls..game took an hour. I'm spent. But LOVE this pin!

#1243 3 years ago

I'd love the 3.1 code to anyone that has it. But also is there a way to keep current high scores before upgrading to 3.1 or no?

1 week later
#1392 3 years ago

JJP is really distancing themselves from Stern right now. I love pinball period, but while Stern seems to be cutting corners and doing everything they can to make their pins cheaper and faster, Jack is making tanks that are gorgeous, fun to play, and their support is fantastic.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just installed 1.3 beta this morning and got one game in. Quick question on mode ball lock...can you lock more than one mode lock ball? I locked one ball via hitting the left orbit. I have a harder time hitting left orbit and was never able to see if that would lock a ball also. On a similar note, is there something that needs to be done to make the mode lock available or is it available as soon as you're not in a mode?
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to trying this out more this weekend.

Once you hit all the rollovers again you can lock a 2nd ball. It makes for great strategy to try to have at least 1 (if not 2) balls when you start hard modes.

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from lukewells:

BTW who's done Barrel escape now? Very exciting! All the adrenaline of Into the Fire, but with different objectives (and like the blue colour scheme)

Absolutely love it. I've gotten close to finishing it but never have.

#1443 3 years ago

I just today raised my power to 22 (i think it was at 20) and it seems to have fixed the problem, FYI

#1471 3 years ago

Anyone on the fence I'd HIGHLY recommend purchasing it. Its my families all time favorite pin after 3-4 weeks of heavy play. Its a ton of fun, built like a tank, amazing light and video show...I know its likely never leaving our lineup

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How do you like it compared to WOZ, personally?

Right now I'd say I like it more...but I also know its still the honeymoon phase, and that could be part of it. But I like the theme so much better, and obviously the video quality is way better because Woz had to use a 50 year old movie (or however old that movie is)

But I love both...but would say Hobbit is my favorite right now.

1 week later
#1681 3 years ago

Man I love this game. Just had my best score to date, 5.5 Million, and after the first ball I finished Into the Fire twice! By the end of the game I had killed smaug and got to Barrel Escape (but did not finish that mode) Such a fun game!

#1684 3 years ago

All my best games are when my 8 year old son calls out what I should hit. He knows the game's rules as good or better than me, and it really helps. I rarely ever take my eyes off the flippers

4 months later
#2660 2 years ago

You don't have to finish the other 2 modes to get to battle of 5 armies

4 months later
#3268 2 years ago

used to have both WozLe and Smaug...now just have WozLe...traded my Smaug this weekend for a STLE. So far the entire family loves the switch.

1 week later
#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm disappointed in the game, thought it had great potential

Same here, traded it a few weeks ago for a STLE and am very happy we made the change.

1 year later
#4915 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

All,
I am considering purchasing this title and would appreciate your input to see if it might be a good fit. I live in a rural area so haven’t had a chance to play it. Just been watching videos and tutorials.
1. Love the theme as do my teenage sons.
2. We all have basic playing skills.... AFMr high score of 7.5 bill.
3. Not interested in an hour long game and probably don’t have the brainpower to embrace all of the rule set anyway. We are somewhat of a casual player type.
So, do you think The Hobbit is even a close fit?
Thanks!

#3 is why you shouldn't buy this pin. If you are half decent you'll have plenty of hour long games. I bought NIB and yes the first 3-4 months I loved it, then I grew VERY tired of constant pop ups and multi balls. There is very little to shoot and despite it being a gorgeous pin, its just not that much fun. I got blasted for stating my opinion in another thread, which is pitiful, but all you have to do is look at what these are selling for used to tell you the perceived value. Owners who have it will talk it up, but talk to people who bought it and moved on from it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

#4921 1 year ago

I owned this game so I’m entitled to my opinion am I not? He asked if this was a good match and stated several things he was focusing on. Long ball times are a fact with his game. Would you rather lie to him than be honest!?! Current Hobbit owners act like I’m attacking you personally because I think it’s not a great pin? Stating my honest opinion is not trolling. I played the game everyday almost for 3 months...then it got super old. I’m happy the new code is out. Hopefully that helps it. everything I started here is true, and opinions are what the OP asked for. I’m sorry some of you don’t agree with my opinion, but that doesn’t make it any less valid.

#4924 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s just a statement with no context. Any game can be set up to play long or quick, even Hobbit. If a game like Tron let you play for 45 min, it wouldn’t work due to the limits of its content. With a game like Hobbit (and LOTR, TSPP) - long games aren’t necessarily a detriment because the game has the amount of content to support it. Now - perhaps you only like quickie quick games, and that’s fine ...but “long ball times” as a complaint is meaningless without context. Some people really love a game with a cinematic journey. Very few games can do that well. LOTR does, but nothing with modern A/V has done it like Hobbit. May not be “for you”, and that’s fine - but the people who claim it’s objectively bad ...there’s not much to support those claims.

Okay, I setup my pin with standard settings (which a lot of people do) and I had my pitch to make the game as fast as possible. I'm a better than average pinball player that had hour long games ALL the time. I killed Smaug more games than I didn't, doing it several times a game on a regular basis. So I setup the pin to play fast and didn't make it "easy" with any settings. Does that help the context? And you are right, some people love quick games, some want long games. Budman stated he does NOT like long games, so I posted my experience with the pin because that's what he was asking. So sorry it upset so many of you current owners, but your need to attack me and down vote me is ridiculous. Budman good luck with whatever you decide. I'd definitely buy used so you can save significant money vs NIB.

#4926 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You’re still here?

'Merica. you damn right I'm here. Free country and all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Flagstaff, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cscmtp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside