IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coloradodan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8490 4 years ago

I found one on Craigslist and am picking it up as soon as it's safe to! I put a $100 deposit down... THE PRECIOUS WILL BE MINE!!!!! I'm adding this to a Star Wars Comic Art Premium table. So completely different machines and styles... I'm psyched to add some variety to my gameroom!

#8494 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Goal is one more. Down between ATM LE or Met Premium.

Ahhhhhh, the goal is always one more. I'm getting married next month, better not push my luck too much yet! Also, my game room is our old formal dining room, and its getting pretty full!

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a year since i bought my first and i have 17. Hobbit was my second.

Hobbit is my second as well. Now just 15 more to catch up...

#8528 3 years ago

THE PRECIOUS IS MINE!!!! Just arrived and settled in next to Palpatine.
94036891_227544948479728_2537443107696279552_n (resized).jpg94036891_227544948479728_2537443107696279552_n (resized).jpg

#8530 3 years ago

Thanks Jorant! This thing is ridiculous... I'm not sure how much I'll be playing Star Wars pinball now, I cant believe how great this table is. Blown away.

#8535 3 years ago

Newb question: Is there a shot I should be using that top flipper for? It seems like there's nothing unique that top flipper can hit. *Any pointers for the top flipper?*

Also, recommended setup for home newbs? I reset to the factory specs, then set it back to medium hard 3 ball mode for now, but added 10 second ball saves.

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I only talked about what one Flipper can do . I didn't even talk about the theme immersion , the videos , the call outs , variety of modes the light shows the artwork the moments in the game . If you like the theme there's no reason why you wouldn't like this pin .

I love this pin. Just confused about that top flipper! Next newb question:

Is there a secret to hitting the Elf and Man drop targets? I'm not sure how to hit those!

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I barely play mine, and just read the rulesheet and it's totally confusing....probably going to have my buddy Panzerfreak come over once we can move around to have him show me.
Panzer loves this game and said once I understand it that will make me really like this game.

Did you read the rules in the manual?

1 month later
#8702 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

A good playfield pitch for hobbit is 7.1-7.2 degrees, measured on the playfield not on the glass.

I feel dumb asking this-- but what do you use to measure the pitch?

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Same! I just picked up the smaug gold edition with 106 total plays! I was hunting for The hobbit or LOTR LE, probably going to try and get a hold of LOTR in the very near future but im excited to put way too many hours in on this thing!

I seriously doubt your game is that old with only 106 total plays... play counts reset if you do a factory settings wipe from the menus. There's no great way to tell the full playcount of the machine. But don't sweat how used it is, it's a fantastic game as you know.

#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Klein Tools 935DAG Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Measures 0 - 90 and 0 - 180 Degree Ranges, Measures and Sets Angles amazon.com link »
This is what I use, not sure if its the best tool for it but its pretty good at getting the right pitch and leveling out my machine

Got it! A good $30 investment. Also, thanks to fnosm for googling that for me

#8716 3 years ago

Here is my legs at 7.2. It was around 5 before. Wow, it's a lot faster now!

20200529_181026 (resized).jpg20200529_181026 (resized).jpg
#8719 3 years ago

After dozens of trials, i found that 7.1-7.2 is the sweet spot.
Adjust flipper power so that you can barely make either ramp from either flipper from a cradled position.

Where can you set the flipper power?

8 months later
#9765 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Would highly recommend if you find yourself playing for 60 or more minutes at a time.

Which is about the length of a typical Hobbit game.

2 months later
#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

About to join the club. Any must-have tweaks or mods? This is a large thread to wade through!

Play it as is, check you're on the latest code. Some people say it's a better game if you remove the drain pin.

5 months later
1 week later
#10947 2 years ago

I finally did it!!! Updated my code, added wifi, and now downloading a beta update via wireless!!!!

20211115_194240 (resized).jpg20211115_194240 (resized).jpg
#10949 2 years ago

Amazing!
What exact wifi dongle did you use?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PB1X4CN

I tried 3 others that I already had and they didn't work. Also needed an old USB drive with fat32 for the update, it didnt work with newer USB sticks.

#10952 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Can I use an ethernet cable? My WIFI won't be picked up very good where hobbit is located.

You can if you buy an adapter... but a 2.4 signal should go through walls/floors pretty well. You also don't need a super fast connection...

#10954 2 years ago

And Scorbit is activated!!! But... family is asleep, will try it tomorrow with scorbit when I should be working

#10960 2 years ago

Ok, snuck in a quick game on the update. Scorbit integration is really cool! Achievements pop up on the screen as you're playing, and are also tracked in the Scorbit app. Yep, achievements are live if you take the beta update!!!! This game just gets better and better...

#10961 2 years ago

Scorbit hobbit achievements are live!!!!!

Screenshot_20211116-091619_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-091619_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Do the achievements tell you what you need to do to unlock them?

I don't see a list of achievements to earn, but I do see additional ones in the same group. So I used the gollum save once (since scorbit), you can see the related achievements in the screenshot.

Screenshot_20211116-125649_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-125649_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#10966 2 years ago

undo any virus scans and do it unsecurely.

No no no.

Use a mirror.

#10970 2 years ago

Scorbit is a little funky as you have to set it up before starting a game each time.

You just gotta click the button that claims the game. Pro tip: Set your location as public but don't use your home address. That way it's easy for others to use when they visit-- my son couldn't use it until I made it public, then he could just pull it up. "Larson Family" is my home arcade if you want to see mine (cna we friend-up in Scorbit?)

Also, the all caps wifi password default threw me off for a bit. Why do they default it to caps?

#10976 2 years ago

I saw something about Bluetooth on the scorbit app.
Do I need bluetooth now on my Hobbit?

Nope, only if you want bluetooth sound.

#10978 2 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

You can add players to a private location inside of the Scorbit app. Click on your profile icon in the top right of the app, click on "my venues", click on your venue, and click on "player access". The players that you add will then have the private venue appear in the app.

Seems liks a pain and less bragging rights than making it public.

5 months later
#11285 1 year ago

I had to say farewell to my Hobbit (Black Arrow Edition) last Friday. It was sad but I just didn't have enough cash to keep all my tables, and have a Godzilla incoming that I need to pay for. It's a great table. I'm really going to miss Smaug. This pin added a ton of variety to my Stern collection (of 1), and I'd really recommend having a JJP with a Stern collection. Also, I sold it for $9500 after listing it for 10,000, for anyone trying to get a sense of price for the Hobbit.

Farewell and I regret leaving the Hobbit Owners club!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coloradodan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=coloradodan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.