Topic Stats

• 7,907 posts
  • 519 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0EBF61C9-860A-4237-84E3-A4810907060F (resized).jpeg
95937948-C10C-4118-BF50-2D83A8119265 (resized).jpeg
AC977F7C-F4EB-4A21-B065-77BD8B30E6E4 (resized).jpeg
61188774-F72B-48E1-B400-8118BD7D7A90 (resized).jpeg
3E1B9990-8695-4EF7-9CF7-334A53871163 (resized).jpeg
96A279BA-D769-4927-A255-614370D13582 (resized).jpeg
D42E605B-56D9-49C5-A6C0-0C8B2251718A (resized).jpeg
Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (3 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bladefury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 3 years ago

Wish the wooden Apron with plaque was offered as an extra $$$ add on at least!!! Whats a few more hundred when your already over $9k for TH SE Smaug with RAD-CALS... Still can't wait to get mine to set next to my WOZECLE!

1 month later
#748 3 years ago

Love watching these update videos get even more exciting as I wait for mine! Bet these updates being played in person feels like a kid on Christmas morning

1 month later
#1150 3 years ago

Received my SE today and I didn't know if anybody else posted but the fix for the pop ups was already installed on mine!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1153 3 years ago

By the way my build date was 7/14/16

#1191 3 years ago

Here you go! Un-boxing, few mods added right away, and LED lighting! Sorry I'm partial to the quality of PDI glass so put that in and out goes the Invisiglass...flipper gold covers, mirror blades, lit flipper buttons, lit legs, lit shooter assembly, LED's under and back of cabinet, LED's under top part of back play field area and front near flippers, red coin door eject buttons, Red Ring Shooter rod, powered Subwoofer, and few other little detail stuff on way! Really would like to find a Red Start button to replace yellow...anybody got an idea where I could find one? All this done before I turned it on for the first time . Time to start playing this bad boy!! Your wait will be worth it!!!!! So glad I didn't bow out...pic link below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/paclcwrhepm0rfc/AAAgYO7ajRvshC0_-uMtr7Xsa?dl=0

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi Blade Fury , can you say where you found the flipper gold covers , thanks

Pm Pinsider BackAlleyMatt !!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1293 3 years ago

Would love if someone would share 1.30 beta code with me!?!? Pm please weekend time to play

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Would love if someone would share 1.30 beta code with me!?!? Pm please weekend time to play

Got it! Thx a lot

#1302 3 years ago

Just added the trifecta! Lol loving the hobbit!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd like the 1.3 beta if anyone has it to share?

Sent pm

#1316 3 years ago

Man I'll say it one more time, I'm so glad I didn't bailout on this game!!!!!!

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Nice Photos. I see you have the lighted leg protectors and lighted shooter rod housing. I assume they are 12v. I already have the items. How did you power them? Did you use the 12v lead from the coin door, or do use an independent 12v power supply. Also, it looks like you have under cab/rear back box lightening. What did you use and where did you purchase them? Are they on constantly, or do they flash with game play?
Thanks, Frank

Used a separate power supply! Not sure where LED's are from as my business bought a bunch a long time ago for a job...on constant but I had my F-14 Tomcat doing the flashing thing that worked off different targets in the machine but got a little annoying....whole led strip on bottom and one on back for full glow partial led strips in back of play field top and at apron on flipper area!

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Thanks for the info! Additional question: Did you purchase the lighted shoot rod housings from Beetmaster? His are made for Stern machines. Can they be installed in JJP's machines? Are the housings similar?

Yep & yep!

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Thanks again for the response. One more question: You have a sub woofer on your hobbit. Did you use pinnovators.com for hook up or did you run speaker wires directly from the sub to the + and - terminals in the cabinet sub using alligator clips?

Ran the wire!!

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

2 resets just now. Last one I was over a million and close to my first barrel escape. Crap. Waiting for a fix at this point. This game is nuts though. It's a total blast with new code. Good job jjp.

I know right! Pure craziness sometimes in a great way...Ranked 62nd in top 100??? Lol what a joke...not even close to right! Wish people couldn't rank games they never owned...either way Keith programming is why I pulled the trigger on a LOTR that I happen to come across recently! Sorry but if anybody is still on the fence about buying this game, quit waiting and pull the trigger...you will be glad you did

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Definitely worth it. I seriously just keep playing my jjp games. I love the depths of jjp pins. Can't wait for the code fix

Yes totally agree! Home environment is really what I feel these games were made for to really get a real full rounded experience for years....

#1437 3 years ago

Ok 200 games inspection...when I received It I checked as many screws tightness as I could before playing first game (Build Date 7/14/2016).... So after inspection everything looks good other than made a minor adjustment to Orc up/down switch and O switch...happy owner here! Only found one screw laying in bottom when received and still not sure where it may go...if anybody knows help a brother out

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

That looks like a screw / bolt that holds the coin mechs in place

Ding ding ding! You the man thanks!

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I went to HQ Beercade in Chicago tonight to play The Hobbit. Sadly there were a few issues :-/ The Goblin wasn't popping up :-/ The 'C' in L-O-C-K would register a roll-over only about 1 out of 10 times :-/ The ball kept getting hung up on the left ramp at the exit. Hopefully they will get the update kit from JJP and clean up these issues. Seems like it could be a fun game, just hard to play with so many issues.

My build date was 7/14/2016 only issue after 200 games was to slightly adjust O switch and Orc switch...I would say the build of the game is on point now personally! Order it up, worst thing I did was question myself because of early negativity...

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Just a quick post to report that my Smaug edition arrived last week and I was really, really happy with how those Radicals look on it. Very shiny, thick, and due to the appearance it fits right in alongside my WOZ with the clearcoated direct-printed cabinet. No regrets whatsoever.
Now I just need to learn how to play it...
(here are some examples of the finish of the Radicals that I tried to do using my cellphone... better than nothing)

So glad I got Rad-Cals also! Enjoy the game!!

1 week later
#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Cliffy is now selling the hobbit protector set, I just ordered mine.

Thx for info ordering mine now!

1 week later
#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Any machine built July 22 2016 or later will have all fixes.
I got that info directly from JJP service before I bought mine.

Mine was 7/14/2016 and has all fixed...

1 week later
#1975 3 years ago

Steve at Pinball Refinery has done it again for me! Coin door powder coat complete with gold bling and Cliffy's protectors rock...I'm so thankful for talented modders to feed my addition Loving my Hobbit SE

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2289 3 years ago

Laseriffic topper installed!

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2596 2 years ago

Added some more little mods by taking out my lit clear center of the flipper buttons and ring button replacing it with gold centers...pretty slick in my opinion

After and before pictures:

IMG_3946 (resized).JPG
IMG_3947 (resized).JPG
IMG_3941 (resized).JPG

#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

Love it where are the buttons from?

Pinball decal !

3 weeks later
#2743 2 years ago

Put extra lighting with Red in back and red by flippers back when I first got it and love it! But then again I'm addicted to modding lol

IMG_3991 (resized).JPG

IMG_3992 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpg

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i do wish somebody made side blades that actually look good and fit the theme and decals that look right for the stand up bare targets

Targets for sure!!

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No, don't use those, look for 5050.

What he said and no need for waterproof!

#2775 2 years ago

Just had a killer game! What a blast!! Finally Battle of the five armies..Way to start the weekend

IMG_4015 (resized).JPG
IMG_4013 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2913 2 years ago

Just replaced my Smaug last week as the mouth quit moving up and down then a couple days later it wouldn't move. Took it apart and took pictures for JJP and they took care of me quick! Their service and communication was great! Happily playing again here is what burned up....

IMG_4062 (resized).JPG

IMG_4063 (resized).JPG

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any ideas why? Did they tell you to change anything to prevent it happening again?

Nope and Nope unfortunately....

1 week later
#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Your start button is red, not yellow. What did you change? Did you just change to a red LED? Is the LED 5v or 12v?

Here you go! Just wish it said start instead of launch ball .... but o well

http://www.pinballdecals.com/CabinetButtonsPage.html

2 weeks later
#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I'm on 1.94
Might be another issue- my start button isn't lighting up anymore right now for some reason.
Urgh. Wonder if these two issues are related?

It's a fuse! Had same thing happen to me!!

1 month later
#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Oh, and I made these too...

Nice work!!

3 weeks later
#3343 2 years ago

Checked all screws and everything still tight since my last go over 6 months ago..Fresh wax and news balls today! This game is a pleasure to own

IMG_4940 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Nice update - Thanks Keith.
Love the new lighting effects too. At the end of your game when smaug does a fly by and now has the lighting effect that he set the playfield on fire is freakin awesome!

Totally agree! Cool stuff!! Thanks JJP & Keith

8 months later
#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what the cost of the Smaug Edition was new?

I paid $9100 plus shipping for Hobbit Smaug with Rad-Cals!

#4335 1 year ago

Thanks so much for your awesome work MIMAS! Only thing I changed was the rings color to better suit my machine

20180228_222133.jpg

20180228_222139.jpg

2 months later
#4703 1 year ago

Anybody happen to know height of Hobbit with legs off and head folded down?
Thx for any help!

#4708 1 year ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Anybody happen to know height of Hobbit with legs off and head folded down?
Thx for any help!

29 5/8"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bladefury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside