IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bgwilly31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4320 6 years ago

Ok so not the greatest of starts. Just got my new smaug home. I'm the 2nd owner. Played the game before I left original owners house. Game played prefect. However I had no airballs when I played it at his house. However I play my first game. Had a little air ball then in my second ball I have another air ball. Ball bounces over into the pops area then game goes completely dead and won't turn back on. I'm hoping it blew a fuse or something of the sorts so I can get back to playing my new game. But yeah slightly frustrating.
Also game was transported just fine. Very gently transporting the machine. However I didn't lift playfield and check any connections before my first test game.

Any ideas on where I should start?

#4322 6 years ago

Yes you got it power cord came out the back. !! Ty sir LTG.

4 weeks later
#4464 6 years ago

I have a question on how to score big. Ive made it to into the fire and barrell escape.

Before you get into those modes should you be doing anything for preperation. ? Like is there a way to have multipliers running before entering. Finishing more modes maybe. ? I believe the one time i got to barrel escape i played in the mode for quite sometime and only got around 150k out of it. Was kind of dissappointed after almost being out of breath playing through it.

Didnt even know you can finish/beat the wizard modes. More to shoot for when i get there again.

1 week later
#4477 6 years ago

Ok couple of issues.

I recently removed the PF protector that came with the game when i bought it. ps: man was that a meticulous and PITA job. especially when trying your best to not scratch the PF itself. But what a difference that made on how the game looks now. Very pretty and shiny!

However one issue was happening before i performed this. My goblin is popping up but going right back down. Assuming theres a leaf switch i need to adjust. ?

2nd issue is the rollovers. They seem to be affecting the ball a lot more now. Almost like they are sticky. Ive gotten a ton of airballs off them if i hit one dead on from the flipper.

#4479 6 years ago

sorry for my newbish but what do you mean by iso?

#4484 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I had this issue with my rollovers so I adjusted them so they were lower to play field (close to even with play field)and that helped with the air ball issue. To adjust them you have to do it from under the play field, not easy to do just take your time and make sure they still register when the balls roll over them.

Yeah I actually just lifted the playfield and they are pretty damn tight space to get to. Did you just adjust the leave switch on the rollovers further back. ? That's the only way I could see that they adjusted. What tool do you all use to adjust leaf switches btw. ?

#4507 6 years ago

I'm still having trouble with the lock roll overs after removing playfield protector. Lifted adjusted tested. About 20x got 3 to work "ok" but the "o" is being a bear. I really think a star rollover design would have been a lot better. Still getting airballs and fly's over my ramp shots. Can't get o switch to work. I gave up for the night.

2ndly My goblin pop up is shaking like crazy back and forth when it comes up. That's why it falls back down immediately. Does t look like the face is clipping anything on the way to cause it.

#4512 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lower the flipper power until the balls just barely stay on the wire forms.
Open the leaf switch on the goblin that keeps dropping down, a little until it stops that behavior.
Generally the Warg Target is one of the worst because the long snout on the character head.
The rollovers are a little touchy to adjust but once you get them right they stay a long time before needing to be adjusted again.
Make sure that when they're fully down they are level with the Playfield.
If you don't have one already a leaf switch adjusting tool is a must have to get proper adjustments.

Im not completely sure what you mean by open the leaf switch. So far for the goblin all i could tell to do was try to pull his head forward to open the gap of the leaf switch behind him. Is there another way of adjusting the monsters hit switches>?

But as for the roll overs im guessing since this game came with pf protector they were adjusted up from the factory? The switch itself from what i can tell is what controls how far the roll overs stick up from the pf. But maybe im wrong in thinking that. As there is a clear base to them under the pf with screws. But it didnt seem to be adjustable. Ill try to snap some pics just to make sure im not a idiot. But my rollovers worked fine before i removed the pf protector. Its just a matter of getting them adjusted without it now.

#4514 6 years ago

I did purchase the 3 pack of leaf switch adjusters.

9 months later
#6435 5 years ago

Installed 3.1 over the weekend.

I can report the same trough kickout issue had to turn the power up on trough and also on VUKs. Everything else seemed to be good to go though.

non 3.1 related though
My dwarf target skill shot sometimes messes up. It either just stops cycling after one time through or triggers and auto scores points before plunge. But its inconsistent and sometimes performs just fine.

Also i still havent killed smaug after almost two years. lol I just lowered the pitch a bit as well over the weekend and it definitely plays easier this way. But its still tough to trap up on my game.

Still loving it though!

3 months later
#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My lock rollovers are too high above play field and are getting chipped up and causing air balls. I think I will get replacements from JJP and when I place the new ones back in I can adjust height. My question is has any one replaced those? Is it a pain to get to them for removal?

Welcome to the Club. Myself and two different Pinball friends have Tackled this issue on mine 3 different nights now and still cant get it right. Mine had a PF protector from the factory. Worked great before i decided to remove the PF protector cause i hate them.

Finally tweaked them enough to get all but the C lock working pretty well. Problem is the C lock airballs and makes the rabbit hole shot and pop bumpers shot for modes damn near impossible. So good luck. Hope you dont have as much trouble as i have out of those silly lock rollovers.

Never thought about replacing them completely. As they work fine they just seem like they are impossible to adjust correctly.

#6924 4 years ago

BTW quick question guys. Ive seemed to have lost my tilt bob. Anyone have a suggestion as to where i can source another one.

Thanks in advance.

3 months later
#7379 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

So I think I just cracked the case for Lock Rollover Buttons that don't press down flush.
If your machine had a playfield protector like mine did check the top of your lock rollovers. What I discovered this evening was that mine had mylar disks on top of them to make them taller. See the pictures below.
I peeled them off and cleaned up the top of the buttons to get excess glue off. Now they sit perfectly flush when pressed down. They also seem a little quicker to rebound. I can't play test it right now since the kids are asleep but I'll be back with a report earlier tomorrow.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bro i ditto Hobbit post of the year if this is true. I cant wait to go home and check. Fingers crossed mine has these as well. SO many Trial and errors to get these stupid rollovers dialed in. !!

#7381 4 years ago

@ reaper802 Success!!! i had 3 different pinheads over to my house at trying to help me get these roll overs dialed in. Must have lifted the PF 50 times.

I just text them to tell them the whole freaking time the roll overs had that piece on them. lol

Your the man !

5 months later
#8110 4 years ago

I finally killed Smaug after 3+ years. lol

My son was there to witness it, we both geeked out like crazy. What a cool moment. Love this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bgwilly31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.