20211008_202142 (resized).jpg
20211008_163521 (resized).jpg
20211007_224748 (resized).jpg
20211007_224834 (resized).jpg
20211007_184430 (resized).jpg
20211007_184435 (resized).jpg
20211007_000242 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (5 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (5 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (5 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (5 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (5 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (5 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (5 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8934 1 year ago

What a difference a quiet case fan makes! I just replaced mine, and it is well worth the small expense.

#8937 1 year ago

Any 80mm pc case fan will work. Most people like noctua because they are made to be very quiet. If you replace the stock one, I recommend connecting it to the sysfan header on the motherboard. JJP directly wires their fan to power, but the motherboard will throttle the fan and it’ll be even quieter.

amazon.com link »

#8953 1 year ago

If you're talking about the CMOS battery on the mobo, I don't think anything negative will happen if it dies. Your clock will reset but I can't think of anything else. I could be wrong though.

#8957 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thanks LTG and Lermods. I’ve tried 4 different types of tape, tape just comes off. I could take it out if I shut the game and not worry about creating a short. Want to try and keep settings and high scores.

Scores and settings are written to disk, not stored in volatile memory like an older machine. That said, a dead battery will reset your BIOS settings which will require some tweaking if you're not familiar with modern PC's.

#8961 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe you lose the one about turning on or powering up right.
LTG : )

Yes, you want to replace the battery while the system is on!

From the manual: "However, in order to preserve the CPU’s BIOS settings, the change must be made while the game is powered on."

#8964 1 year ago

It's a super cheap thing to replace, and battery life depends on use. A typical PC is always hooked to power so the battery is hardly ever used. A pin might be disconnected from power all the time, in which case the battery can easily wear out in 5 years.

#8974 1 year ago

While doing some other work on my Hobbit, I noticed a sling plastic still had the clear film underneath. It was dirty, yellowed, and peeling. Once I took it off the art was significantly brighter and clearer.

It turned out almost all of the plastics on my machine still had the film!

Is this a known thing with Hobbit, or did someone just have an off day at the factory when they made mine?

#8976 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The assembly line people often are not pinball people. Just workers.
So this slipped through and didn't get spotted.
LTG : )

To be clear, I'm not at all bothered. It was a nice surprise for me because it made the game feel shiny and new again. Other owners might want to take a look at their plastics.

1 month later
#9334 12 months ago

Hits from the back don’t normally register unless they hit hard enough to trigger the front switch. There is a backstab feature with the ring button, but I don’t know if it does much.

8 months later
#10497 3 months ago

Is there any way to fix/replace one of the light bundle connectors?

The red channel on my ring light doesn't work. I've verified there is nothing wrong with the LED itself (it works fine when swapped to another location. I've also verified the board itself is powering the red channel by swapping a different bundle. The problem is seems to be at the connector (I can't see any issue with the wire itself).

The problem is the connector bundles so many wires together with tiny contacts that it's almost impossible to work on.

2 months later
#10734 36 days ago

Dialed In has great theme integration, but I personally couldn't stand that theme and sold mine a few months later.

JJP POTC is one of the favorites in my collection, although it's prohibitively expensive nowadays.

You mentioned JP Prem - do you have the bootleg software that adds the movie assets? That took the game to another level for me.

Star Trek: TNG has fantastic theme integration. They even got the real cast to do voiceover for the game. A lot of folks are scared to buy one because it can be difficult to maintain. I restored mine myself though, and it was the first pin I've restored. Been working great ever since.

Getaway is a simple and affordable game with awesome theme integration. I never get tired of shifting gears.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside