IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tiltboss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Lol I’m so on the fence with this trade. I don’t hate DP but I love the theme of the Hobbit more. I wish I had more time on TH, it might make it easier. I’ve only played it a couple times at a show a year ago. Decisions decisions.....

hobbit > dp alllllllll day. no contest

2 months later
#8395 4 years ago

does anybody have any idea if disconnecting one of the pop-up goblins because of a broken bracket will cause the game to compensate for it being disconnected? ie rerouting the points etc.. or is it just going to mess up the progression? i’m about to rent this game for a month going on and we’re stuck in the house I thought that would be a cool way to spend some time also away for operators to make money while bars and restaurants are closed rent a pinball machine people!

#8397 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you need a manual - jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Hobbit
Page B-33 in Game Settings - disable the broken one.
LTG : )

thank you ya im new to that kinda stuff.. I know that it needs to be disabled but does it say anything about if it reroutes the points from the disabled one? Or are you just losing that progression thanks again

#8401 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or is that information in the manual? I’m just not sure if it does more than explain how to disable it thnx

#8411 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have 15 of my own at home, but i'm currently renting Aerosmith and The Munsters from an operator mate who's had to pull all his machines out of closed pubs.
A couple of our group who don't own machines also got to rent some nice machines too. It's the way ahead.[quoted image]</blockquote

Awesome I like the Munsters I cannot stand Aerosmith for me personally it’s like the most half assed band game no cool toys really the Jack-in-the-Box is OK but it’s just kind of week personally definitely at the bottom of my list of music themes

#8412 4 years ago

I am so freaking excited right now I just rented a hobbit..Doing my part to help the small businesses locally that have machines on location that are closed and I get to have something extra to do at home and to top it off it’s one of the games on my wish list! Also got a fish tales for my dad since he can’t really go fishing right now if I could only get him gophers! lol

#8413 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

actually when i went to website found support but nothing that says downloads ?

1 week later
#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Hobbit and Fish Tails , perfect combo .[quoted image]

sick!!!! crazy all fish tales on location are beat to hel. the one i rented is great. totally diff experience!

#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's real tricky.
You go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Across the top area you see things like - Games - Store - SUPPORT - JJP Logo - Distributors - Contact.
No here is the hard part. See the SUPPORT word ? Left click it once. Then there is a line that says Unboxing and set up - DOWN LOADS - Support Form - FAQ - Warranty - Support Videos.
Still following ? Okay see the DOWN LOADS ? Left click it once. Then you see Choose your game. Willy Wonka - Pirates - Dialed In - The Hobbit - Wizard Of Oz.
Then left click the game you want. Since this is the Hobbit thread. We will left click HOBBIT once. Then we see red buttons to left click and download things like Manual, Change Logs, Full Install, Full Install Instructions.
Now if you want to down load the manual. Left click that red Download Button. And the manual download starts.
If you just want to download the manual. And skip all of the above. Here is the direct link.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/th/Hobbit_Manual%203_4%20November%202018.pdf

ya my ph wasnt loading it properly apparently.. thanks for being extra douchey tho! ur folks must be so proud they raised such a pinball god smoke a joint or something guy

#8457 4 years ago

i guess thats just forums lol. u got people that get smarmy on a keyboard hundreds of miles away that would cower in person ‍♂️ all good used to it after dealing w douches on grow forums for years. im sure ill get like “points off” or something demerits lol. im sure hes like a mod or some big important person at a pinball co. theyre usually the smarmiest carry on

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Wow, really dude? You should think before you post. And at the very least, do a little research.

what r u talking about i asked a simple question and i got some pinball stud talking to me like im retarded??? really? what research. oh cuz he works somewhere? like i care, maybe he should be less douchey to people renting pinball machines from people not making any money cuz of lockdown. I mean did he really think I couldn’t read English on some basic ass mobile version of a website? No instead of just being polite and saying maybe it’s not loading correctly or some thing he talks to me like I am absolutely retarded so no I could give a shit give me shit you’re going to get it back. i dont care who he is. thanks have a nice day!

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

what r u talking about i asked a simple question and i got some pinball stud talking to me like im retarded??? really? what research. oh cuz he works somewhere? like i care, maybe he should be less douchey to people renting pinball machines from people not making any money cuz of lockdown. I mean did he really think I couldn’t read English on some basic ass mobile version of a website? No instead of just being polite and saying maybe it’s not loading correctly or some thing he talks to me like I am absolutely retarded so no I could give a shit give me shit you’re going to get it back. i dont care who he is. thanks have a nice day!

think before i post id say the same to him. or he gets a pass cuz hea pinball stuf? lol. i get it. everyones couped up. hes prob in an apartment or something. dont take it out on me tho guy. i politely asked a straightforward question needing help. sorry not much else to say on the subject.
if im wrong i guess im goin to hell. i guarandamntee he wouldnt have said it lile that to my face tho ‍♂️

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I tried to go into detail, just in case English wasn't your first language. From your post, you did seem to be having trouble getting to where you wanted to go. And why I added the direct link, to help further.

right right cuz u always preface something with its real tricky not buyin.. but its cool. like i said im used to forum sop. and it didnt “offend me” it made me laugh so i talked shit back ‍♂️

now here is the hard part see the support word lol. bro i can get crass and sarcastic woth the best of em so please miss me with the “i was concerned with ur ESL status” lmaooooo that just makes u look even more fulla shit

#8482 4 years ago

its real simple. he “took a crack” as lil pumpkin said and i called him out. i get it were all locked down. it sucks. but i dont care if lloyd invented pinball. im not some retarded kid. someone else obviously saw what i was talking about and mentioned it. he shoulda just said ya my bad was feeling salty and we wouldnt even be having this convo.not sure why a 40 yr old has to even explain this to someone i can only assume is my senior ..but to try n back peddle saying i thought u couldnt read english? come on man. weve been speaking fine english. anyways its not an argument theres not 2 sides here. it is what it is.. im done on the topic. im sure lloyd is. so anyone else that wants to cheerlead for the man just dm me. its a stressful time. i tot get it. and some people are obviously way more versed in pinball. no need to try n clown someone tho. esp when the website is apparently wonky and whats causing the issue. apparently u have never experienced it. now u know it exists. thanks for the help
u did try n provide.

2 weeks later
#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He did not take a crack at you. I feel that you misunderstood his intent. "Text" doesn't always provide the full story. We also have people of all ages, and from all over the world on here. Lloyd is a genuinely helpful and overall super nice guy. He was trying to help.
Feel free to PM him...or me.
Please do not argue anymore in this thread.

as I said it’s not an argument for an argument there has to be two plausible sides it’s pretty black-and-white.
And taking a crack wasn’t even my words LOL that was from one of his cheerleaders lil pumpkin he’s the one that said that not me..i was simply repeating what someone else confirmed was obvious.

#8592 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think he may be a troll. If you are on the other side of an argument with Lloyd you may want to double check your position.
Also, there must be something else going on in his life to make him so jaded right now as to have a triggered reaction like he did. I thought Lloyd's directions to him were clear and he took the time to document it.
Some people need to seriously relax. I know pinball is a job for some on here, but if you are a buyer it is likely just a hobby. People need to chill out!</blockquote

Lloyd was pretty blatant in his post. "It's very tricky," then later saying, "still with me?" The epitome of condescending. And then to say, after all that nonsense, that he didnt think english was his first language? What kind of apology/excuse is that? A bad one. But then again, maybe english isn't Lloyds first language?
Edit: guys, I'm defending someone I don't even know and you're downvoting me?

thanks for being the only person that defended me sorry u got downvoted. not even sure what that means. funny situation tho. people say “calm down” like im some raving mad man lol. I just can’t stand bs and the fact that he tried to say whatever he said to back peddle is just more insulting. like im buying it was alllllll just a bigggggg misunderstanding. and lloyd just is the sweetest most helpful dude pinball god on earth. and I MUST BE THE ONE IN THE WRONG no. lol. I get it we get in moods we get salty at least take responsibility for your words. (u know whats funny really i randomly dropped into some other thread and what do u know theres lloyd telling someone hes sorry he didnt mean to offend them after giving someone a smarmy ass answer re arcades closing down)
anyways im well over. thanks for sticking up for someone u dont know. more noble than most here who just okeedoke you. if i could upvote u 10 times i would. you know how these forum questions places get tho. ‍♂️

#8599 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Come On Tilt boss , I could see why you were offended but Lloyd did apologise , whether you accept it or not , there's not much more he can do . With this Global crisis going on , it goes to show , life is too short to focus on negatives . I've had disagreements with some people on pinside but once I've got to know them , now I consider them good friends . Let the Lloyd thing go and enjoy all the good things about pinside .

no I get it really I do the thing that irked me the most was just instead of saying sorry for offending u..it was like sorry I thought u didn't speak English etc etc..like ive said from the start just take responsibility for ur words and it's all g move on..but when u try and make it sound like I'm hallucinating or making stuff up or it didn't happen the way it did..it's like come on..were all adults. I get it u got a lil salty lol I do it all the time. but I'll cop to it if someone calls me on it. really THAT was what my issue was with it. tryin to pretend like he was just trying to help like I said it's more insulting cuz it's like u really expect me to believe that? like I'm dumb. anyways enuff had been said..I'm sure he's a wealth of information for many people on the site I did thank him for the info he did try And provide..anyways this is the last I'll mention it... I've let it go...thanks for being the type to just keep stuff copacetic and moving along

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.50
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tiltboss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Tiltboss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.