IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skipnatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I know the points scored in the Arkenstone mode depends on the prior mode you do but clarification- is it just the last mode you play or the last mode you compete or which mode matter for scoring? If it just the last one you play before going in than is it better to complete an easier mode or try but fail a hard one?

Highest-star mode completed, order doesn't matter

1 month later
#9624 3 years ago

Hi folks, hoping someone has experienced this problem and has a fix or some troubleshooting tips. Both of the beast mechs towards the back of the game make an attempt, come up half way, go back down, fire again, and raise up the whole way and stay up via the hold. The two beasts closer to the flippers do not have this issue. They're both also pretty squeaky

I've made sure there are no wires in the way and they've got freedom of movement, and checked the alignment. Any other thoughts or have folks had this before and come across a fix?

Thanks!

#9627 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If every thing is running free, check the coils. Also make sure one of the screws from the beasts hasnt dropped of hindering the mech.

Thanks much, I will definitely do that.

#9634 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

skipnatty Is this every time, or only in multi-ball? In multi-ball, the upper beasts will drop to prevent the auto-launched ball from hitting them...
Otherwise, I'm at a loss. The software timer prevents a premature hit from registering, so it doesn't sound electrical... I would have guessed misalignment/sticking, but you checked that... Good luck!
BTW - Fun stream yesterday!

Every time, and the beasts aren't registering extraneous hits so the microswitches are working as intended.

Yeah I'm a bit stumped but I'm gonna open up one of them and give it a good look. And thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and comments.

Appreciate the compliment and thanks for tuning in!

#9636 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is a leaf blade switch behind the beast head. Too sensitive and it registers a hit going up and drops down.
LTG : )

If that happens, is the behavior for it to come back up and stay up until hit or time out? That's what I'm seeing so yeah I'll definitely check the switches first and go from there.

Appreciate the thoughts again.

3 weeks later
#9754 3 years ago

Just wanted to mention this to Hobbit owners...I did the beta testing and temp checks for Pinmonk's JJP flipper cooling fans. Results were very satisfying to say the least.

Coil temps with the fans never crested 100F over a 90 minute play session and I saw no noticeable flipper fade through the whole time, whereas without the fans, flippers were noticeably weaker by the 60 minute mark of the initial test.

Would highly recommend if you find yourself playing for 60 or more minutes at a time.

#9757 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Hey skipnatty - that’s great! Did you capture any video of install or before/after for the Buffalo channel or anything? Fade is the worst cuz it always comes when you need to backhand a ramp towards the end of a really good game Thanks!

No footage but I can say the install process is relatively straightforward, mostly you just have to be cognizant of cable management. The documentation provided is very clear and thorough which is great. The biggest pain was the upper flipper as it's a rat's nest of cables around it so I spent most of my time working around that and the re-ziptieing cables

With the fans installed, I had no issues backhanding ramps throughout the whole play session, a really nice change. I'll be buying them for other JJP games for sure as soon as they're available.

#9767 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Did you try different power settings on you flippers when you did your testing or were they set to factory settings? I’m wondering if you can set the flippers at a lower power setting since the fans seem to keep them flipping like they are fresh. When I play my game I have my flipper power set so they are a tad strong at the start but after a few minutes/games they start to settle and feel good but that window of feeling good doesn’t last forever. Would love to get the flippers to just feel more consistent overall.

Factory coil strength on all flippers for testing...I have the extended leg levelers all the way up in back and all the way down in front and have no issues with any shots until I play for a while...theoretically though you could always turn the coil strength down if you can still comfortably make shots. Obviously setups are all different so YMMV.

To the game time length post, I don't have the center post in or inlane and outlane rubbers on my game to keep ball times down so if you're consistently playing 60-minute games, you very well could see different results as well...just want to be transparent

2 weeks later
#9911 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Haven’t been loving my Hobbit lately ...game times seem awfully long. Nonetheless just ordered the gate mod which may not shorten game times but seems like it should be there giving me more things I can do safely when not in multiball modes. Excited to get it in the machine and give it a try! Thanks for tips

Lots of physical and code setting adjustments you can make to the game if you want to reduce ball times if that's your concern. I removed the center post and the inlane/outlane rubbers to keep ball times down and keep it interesting. You could always put in lightning flippers or turn off extra balls, turn up the mode difficulty or turn up the Erebor difficulty.

People seem to state that Hobbit plays too long quite a bit, so it's nice to have the options to tailor the game to your needs both on the playfield and with software.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skipnatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.