20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scrimmbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7554 4 years ago

Has anyone had problems with the pop ups, well, not popping up? I've had to do some service to the warg pop up over the last few months, and I thought I'd fixed this problem when I replaced a bad up/down sw. All the parts seem to be working independently, but in game, the damn dog tries and fails to pop up!

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

slighly unscrew the warp assy, to see how it works with more space, if it's better, find the good location of the assy and refix it

I'm not sure I understand what the warp assy is, I'm also not in front of the game at the moment. I will be taking a look at it this afternoon on location, hopefully I will see the adjustment you're talking about, if not hopefully it's listed in the manual!!

Quoted from CLEllison:

Are you saying t mech doesnt come up at all or it does pop up but then goes back down? If it's the latter, one of the leaf connections is registering as a hit and the machine assumes it's legit. Adjust the switch. Also, new doesn't necessarily mean good. Everything eventually fails. Since you replaced the switch it's possible the solder connection broke. If the wires are still attached use a multi meter and test that switch.

It tries and fails, usually popping up about a quarter or half inch, after a few tries it stops.

Thanks to both of you for your reply!

#7561 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

Oh sorry read warg not warp, warg assy is the entire pop mechanism of the warg. With hand it must be easy to move up and down, compare with another working beast pop assy

Haha, after thinking about it I figured that's what you meant. I ended up taking apart the whole assy, still not exactly sure what was causing it to bind. I did use a little dry film lube on the back of the plate where the black metal warg target housing slides. It seems to be working good now. Thanks again!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#7889 4 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the small LCD on the playfield. Ours seems to be dead in the water, I took it apart and it definitely doesn't seem to be very easily serviced. Looking at the JJP website a replacement is about $175. Anyone know if there is another replacement option?

edit: Pays to look things up for yourself, it's $175 for the entire assembly, the price for the board and the lcd screen itself are much more reasonable. Now to figure out which I need. hmmm.

2 years later
#11025 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you have had issues with the 15-0031-01 Insert RGB LED control boards in this game. On our game the lights under the dwarf drop targets are not working. I've traced the lines back to this board, I checked the connections and everything seems good, I noticed the three LEDs on the board are different than on the other boards throughout the game, the middle LED is red, this stays this way even if just the power is applied to the board. I seem to be having a hard time finding much info on these, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
20211206_102151 (resized).jpg20211206_102151 (resized).jpg

edit: As I am looking at this, I think the leds are indicators for surface mount fuses... may have blown one somehow.

#11028 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have you tried plugging in that molex hanging next to the empty socket?

haha, yes. I had them unplugged to try and see if I would get a different result from the onboard LED indicators, which I did not. Like I said in my edit above, I think I blew a surface mount fuse somehow.

#11029 2 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if any of you have had issues with the 15-0031-01 Insert RGB LED control boards in this game. On our game the lights under the dwarf drop targets are not working. I've traced the lines back to this board, I checked the connections and everything seems good, I noticed the three LEDs on the board are different than on the other boards throughout the game, the middle LED is red, this stays this way even if just the power is applied to the board. I seem to be having a hard time finding much info on these, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
[quoted image]
edit: As I am looking at this, I think the leds are indicators for surface mount fuses... may have blown one somehow.

Okay, I figured this out I think, J102 on this RGB LED board (board A) controls the LEDs under the dwarf targets, as well as LEDs for Smaug, at some point some of these Smaug wires got cut and shorted, the wires were guided over where the ball falls during ball lock, I believe this is when the fuse for this set of outputs blew.

I've ordered some SMD fuses that should work, I'm going to try and replace it, and see if that works or what.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scrimmbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Scrimmbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.