IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2834 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I love this game but.....I wish that Keith would program a different "avenue" to each of the main 3 arkenstone modes, instead of rinse and repeat to get to each one. The 32 modes are all different and offer all kinds of different shots to complete each one. Keith is masterful at coding and he didn't disappoint on creating so many different modes. But qualifying for an arkenstone mode needs something.....different. Besides a lot of the suggestions others have offered, at the very least would like to see the arkenstone modes stay lit after having played it.

Completely agree. I enjoy the game a ton, but for the first time tonight got through everything except BOfA twice (6mil score). During the game I save the easy modes, which means I have only played the same half dozen modes over and over. I love the game, and it has really honed my multi ball play. I feel like it's 90% of the way there, just needs something , not sure what that is, to tie it all together. I will say however I am more amazed at the quality of the artwork every time I walk up to it.

1 month later
#3078 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's always had a super. The ring stopping it is new though.
Sneaky mode locks are locks to make the modes multiballs. When you see the magnet grab the ball at the top left of the game and the lock animation plays...well, that's it. You can read up on how to qualify them. Basically, keep spelling lock.

Sneaky mode locks are actually where you get the ball in mode lock, without the magnet being active. It's the standard mode lock when the magnet is active.

#3080 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ah, you're right...good call! Those are pretty rare. I've only seen it a couple times.

Seriously, it's always a freak thing. I do like all the ways to grab a second ball, and the treasure hunt that gives you something to shoot for when you have more than one ball.

#3082 7 years ago

I'm having a problem and hopefully someone can give me some guidance. My kickback was misfiring and I figured I had an issue with the switch for the kickback, and adjusted it slightly. I now get a perfect full kick up to the upper right flipper, but the sliding scale kickback for the man targets is reversed. Meaning if I stop it at the top of the scale, it will dribble over to the left warg lane. If I stop it at the very bottom of the scale, it will give me a full kick to the upper right flipper. I noticed it more after 1.94, but even after playing and adjusting it, I still haven't got it figured out. Any help is appreciated!

#3084 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive made soft orbits and had the balls lock without the magnet many times but my audits say ive never had any sneaky mode locks thats why i was wondering.
Just played a "quick" game on 1.95, killed smaug and made it past barrel escape. Game seems a touch easier. I didnt see how to finish Beast mode or how to skip it with ring button. Precious save ball sceen was alittle weird also the blinking purple lights takes a few minutes to get use to. Overall just a touch more polish with this Beta code but its got some bugs that need ironed out.

Weird that it says 0 made, as it will pop on the screen with "sneaky lock". I'll have to check my audits to see what it says .

#3085 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Are you running 1.95 beta now? This is a known bug with the new code and Keith is aware of it

I believe so. I thought it was 1.94 but It's whatever came out a few weeks back

2 months later
#3406 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hi guys – I hate to keep asking the same question but that's how much this is bugging me! Ha ha. Just don't understand the backstab. Someone said it is like a MM troll bomb, but I'm not sure that's the case. A troll bomb registers a hit. When I hit backstab it literally does nothing.
Take a look at my original post if you can shed some light on what is probably a cool feature that I just can't figure out!
Thanks.

I think I have it figured out. In every firmware before 1.90 backstab would kill a beast if I had a fully powered ring. Meaning if one pops up and you miss it, you can quickly hit backstab and it would register a hit. Ever since 1.90 though, it has not worked. It would reliably work for me before, and now after the update it doesn't do anything, from forwards or backwards. I'm sure it's just a bug that will be fixed, just like reverse power windlance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.