IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (8 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPeet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9623 3 years ago

Great! Ordered

3 weeks later
#9726 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Have to say this mod is absolutely killer. What a difference it makes to gameplay. It installs super easy in minutes with no tools required (which you got to love). I really think it’s a no brainer for any owners of the game.

I just received it and after just one game I can say that it is the best mod for The Hobbit! Improves gamesplay by a mile.

I remember when I bought the game that Keith suggested to Joe Balcer to add the hole+Shot through the pops instead of two standup targets like the Witch on WOZ. It was a good choice but unfortunatelly they missed this solution in the quick changelog.

Thank you very much for this mod and thank JP for the idea!!

#9736 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Found the one way gate interesting enough to fire up Fusion 360. 15 minutes of work and a prototype is ready. Just need to get the prints from my local friend. He was able to print two sets in less than 15 minutes. 50 cents in music wire, a little double sided tape, and I should be ready for a quick test fit and play. I'm sure I'll need one more run to get he fit perfect but you have got to love the world of rapid prototyping. I'll open source this design once I'm happy with it for anyone with a 3D printer.
[quoted image]

If you do open source it, please at least let people donate to the designer! It’s an awesome mod.

1 month later
#9999 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm glad everyone is excited about the gate, but I personally want to play the game as designed.

it was originally designed without the shot through the pops. They changed that last minute when Keith suggested to add another shot to get more balls in the pops and they added the target in the back. This was posted on the JJP forum years ago. It’s still in my mind but I have no link to the actual message.
The Bag End was only a target originally.

Quoted from zaphX:

Or if you want to support the guy who invented it.

Yeah! Support the inventor!!

#10008 3 years ago

To add to this story. Originally there was a nice wireform loop around Smaug as well (instead of the magnet when you shoot the right ramp and it deflects to the Smaug lock) and even a left upper flipper. That upper flipper was earlier changed into the slingshot and the upper right stayed. The Smaug wireform loop was deleted because they were not allowed to have any interaction of Smaug and a pinball. Thats why you don’t even see Smaug shooting pinballs from his mouth in the screen animation but just the balls flying around when Smaug is out of the picture.
Crazy times

5 months later
#10649 2 years ago

Cut and paste myself a Bag End mod this weekend. I became inspired again when I saw the other mods
I got it years ago with this in mind when I pre ordered my Hobbit in 2013. Never finished it. Most important for me was to have a real shot through the front door and a 3d house! I missed the Bag End house and the feeling that you shoot the door. I also wanted to be able to see the ball moving in the pops and wanted to see the insert lights through the Bag End front door. I use the new gate mod so the ball wil exit mostly on the right. I still can see the ball coming out the front door when I remove the mod. Works both.

I’m thinking to move the flasher from the bottom pop to the chimney and I want to light up the window but I’m not sure I’m able to hook up a flasher or move it away.

Hope you like it. Pre-orders available at 399,-
751F15CD-F9D0-4D87-98F1-2C0E8F0A0562 (resized).jpeg751F15CD-F9D0-4D87-98F1-2C0E8F0A0562 (resized).jpegA249B846-2FF6-40EB-99A2-C1CA4C6F4553 (resized).jpegA249B846-2FF6-40EB-99A2-C1CA4C6F4553 (resized).jpegF8D1FBD5-7ADD-480A-AFB1-88FACD9E105C (resized).jpegF8D1FBD5-7ADD-480A-AFB1-88FACD9E105C (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#11043 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Getting into the spirit [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hehe nice!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPeet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=PinPeet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.