IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7885 4 years ago

Anyone know if I can fit a Hobbit into a 2016 Toyota Rav4 (non hybrid)?

#7888 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Remove the backbox. Takes about 2 minutes, take about 10 photos of the wiring. Easiest game ever to move. I’ve moved it (once) by myself by removing the backbox, removing and moving the playfield and moving the cab separately.

Thanks!
I would never have guessed the BB would be easy to remove on this game!
No matter though, I was reasonable sure it would fit, so I drove 200 miles and got a beautiful Hobbit Smaug!! So it fits! Game is awesome! Wife loves it the most!!
I'm in the club!!

Now to figure out why the left lower flipper EOS switch is erroring as open. The last owner changed the EOS switch and no go. I guess he talked to LLoyd and was advised that it's probably a break in the wire some where? Haven't had time yet to check it out. In other words, if I pull up the flipper, there is no registration in switch test?

Added over 4 years ago:

I'm sorry, I mean the right lower flipper.

#7891 4 years ago

Thanks!
This should solve my problem. I'll get to as soon as I get some time and report back.

#7892 4 years ago

Do any of you guys use an under cab lighting kit for Hobbit? If so, which one? I see Mezel mods makes an interactive kit, anyone try this?

#7893 4 years ago

OK,
thanks to Energyspike I fixed the lower right flipper EOS switch! It turned out to be a bad connector at the plug into the rear of the metal PC box. Like him, I pulled out the black/brown stripe wire and bent the crimp wider and secured it back into the connector housing and was good. I also learned along the way that even if the EOS switch is detected by the computer to not be functioning, the software will only allow a maximum signal pulse such that the coil operates, but will not be energized enough to over heat and melt! How cool is that?
Thanks again!!!

#7902 4 years ago

Which fix kits are available for The Hobbit. As I understand it, there are heavy duty springs for the drop targets, brackets for the beast doors (to prevent balls from getting caught), and a redesigned left wire form (to prevent balls from hopping over kick back post stop? Anything I'm missing?
Thanks!

#7903 4 years ago

Also,
I would like to add Mezel mods undercab light kit (basic non interactive kit) under Smaug Gold. Which color do you guys think would look better? Yellow or Red? .

https://mezelmods.com/collections/hobbit-pinball-mods/products/under-cabinet-lighting-kit-jjp?variant=35949545224

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Better ramp flaps. I still haven't ever installed my ramp fix yet due to the complexity of it.

Thanks!

#7908 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

There is also an updated right wireform as well that does not have the 'cut out' in the side of it around the top left pop bumper.

What does that prevent?

Is it this one?
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/Wire-Ramp-Right-Hobbit-Chrome.html

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Better ramp flaps. I still haven't ever installed my ramp fix yet due to the complexity of it.

Where did you get these?

#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Yes. It does not have a cut out to prevent it from falling against the pop bumper and getting stuck.

Thank you for explaining that!
So far, I haven't had that happen. So I'll wait and see how it goes. But the left wire form has been causing the balls to jump the kick back post a lot! Too bad it's the most expensive one. Wish I could have caught it on sale.
Cheers!

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Is there a Kit to fix the drop targets on the skill shot? Mine doesn't always work correctly.

That is what I have read on the web and here on Pinside somewhere. I submitted a support form to Jersey Jack last night about the kit and I'm waiting for a reply. I will post here when I get the info on it.

#7915 4 years ago

I assumed pacman11 was referring to the heavey duty drop target springs that JJ has released. I've already had the DWAR(F) drop target spring break and JJ advises to change them all out at once rather than going back in every time. Makes sense to me.

Added over 4 years ago:

They're not heavy duty springs. Just longer.

#7918 4 years ago

Fix kits are still available for The Hobbit.
I asked if kits included the heavy duty springs for the drop targets, brackets for the beast doors (to prevent balls from getting caught), and a redesigned left wire form.
They said that I had the kit contents correct. I hope they didn't misread my question, because I am surprised they will replace the expensive left wire form. But that's what they said. I'll report back when I get it.

J.J responded today that they are shipping me this kit free of charge based on the serial number I sent them. My game born on date is (05-19-2016). Machines built after (07/15/2016) do not need the updates as they were installed at the factory.

Added over 4 years ago:

Springs are not heavy duty, just longer. Also, J.J. doesn't send a new left wireform (habitrail), they send a post for the ball trap that exists at the bottom of left wireform.

#7922 4 years ago

Made it to 'Into the Fire' tonight and experienced flipper fatigue I believe. I didn't lift the playfield to feel the coils though. May have to look into the RC motor cooler fan thing.

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Have you removed the center post?
That increases the challenge quite a bit.

Ya, I rely on it and get a drain too often. But my wife doesn't want me to remove it. She really loves this game.

#7929 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I've got the Black Arrow edition, I am assuming this was the latest run and had most of the updates/fixes.. Correct?

Yes,
Machines built after (07/15/2016) do not need the updates as they were installed at the factory. Your build date should be on rear of cab. But Black Arrow was the latest model built.

#7932 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Right?! Weak flipper syndrome would never be a problem again. A few ideas:
Round copper heat exchange pipe wound around a paperless coil.

Ya, I thought about that. But it would probably induce a current into the copper pipe. Not sure how that would affect the coil?
Any electrical engineers out there want to chime in?

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

You may want to rebuild your flippers. You shouldn't have issues that quick. I have played hour long games with no issue.

My wife warmed them up for about a half hour before I started and I had a multiball going for quit a long spell. Flippers assemblies look new. This game has low plays. But I'll look closer.

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Hi All...just joined the club with a HUO Smaug. So far I love it! I have a question about the fix kit. My born-on date is 7-12-2016 which just misses the date where all machines had the fixes. I have no idea if the previous two owners installed the fixes. How can I tell if the beast brackets, springs, etc. have been installed? I’m not even sure what I’m looking for.

Go up on J.J.'s website and fill out a service ticket form and include your serial number. They will send you the kit if you need it.

#7939 4 years ago

The drop target springs are another matter though. I wouldn't know by looking at them. But no big deal. The left ramp post fix is. Mine jumps the pop up post all the time.

Added over 4 years ago:

New springs are longer.

#7941 4 years ago

Here is the upgrade kit J.J sent. They didn't send a new left wireform. Just the post (like konghusker said above). Kit includes said post, new drop target springs, brackets for the beast doors with screws, and instructions for installation.
DSCN0083 (resized).JPGDSCN0083 (resized).JPGDSCN0084 (resized).JPGDSCN0084 (resized).JPG
Remember that machines built after (07/15/2016) do not need this update kit as it was installed at the factory. Your build date should be on rear of cab. So Black Arrow doesn't need this kit.

#7942 4 years ago

Also got another switch error today.
Matrixed switch #15 Subway Entrance (stuck open)
Hole behind Smaug.

#7944 4 years ago

The post us for the left wireform.
It keeps the ball from hanging up.

Sorry, I'm meant Left wireform. (Corrected above)
My ball is often flying over the pop up post that catches the ball before going down the left out lane?
Thanks

#7946 4 years ago

Thank you. I'll do this!
But why did J.J. update their left wireform to the new style? This must have been a common problem. Unless it's just because they know most people won't make these adjustment.

#7950 4 years ago

I keep saying ramp when I mean to say wireform or habitrail.

Thanks fnosm! I'll look into this as well.

The upgrade kit I just got doesn't explain where the left wireform post they included is supposed to go?

#7953 4 years ago

Thank you!

I removed the left wirefrom and used my Dremel with a grinding wheel to remove metal from all four cross braces from diverter location to bottom loop. I then polished it with Zam Buffing compound. The ball was hitting every cross brace! What a shit design for a habitrail! Now the ball doesn't hit any of them and so far, no ejects. I also installed the ball trap post that came with kit. I removed and replaced all the drop target springs as well. Very easy to do once you unplug and remove the drop target mechanisms from machine (easy to do). The new springs are longer than the originals by quite a bit. They must have been pulling too tight on the drop targets, thus breaking prematurely. The plastic edges that drop targets sit on all looked good.
Thanks to you excellent Pinsiders for your help!

#7954 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and toss a ball in. May not have been hit in awhile.
LTG : )

It turned out to be the opto on the outside of the subway channel that popped off. I just snapped it back into place.

#7956 4 years ago

OK, I install one beast door plastic from upgrade kit and now my Spider gets caught on it. WTF! No idea what to do about this? My beast heads are sitting forward.

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Spider mech too close to front of hole ? Wrong plastic ? ( three are kind of flat and one is carved out for spider )
All else fails - remove it and file accordingly and replace.

Nice that the F*cking instructions didn't tell me that?
Thanks. Now I have to tear it all out again and deal with those springs and trap door again! Yah!

#7960 4 years ago

No, I don't see any difference in them at all.

#7962 4 years ago

OK, so how do I adjust the beast to sit farther back?

#7964 4 years ago

So the whole mech? Have to epoxy and drill new holes? Starting to think this ain't worth the trouble.

#7966 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd be tempted to file the little bastards face off a little and touch up with black paint. Playing from the front of the game I don't think you'd see it.
But that's just me.

Good idea. But I put it on hold for now. I'm not sure yet if it's worth the trouble. I'm certainly not going to reposition the mechs and start adjusting leaf switches. It works now. I'd rather enjoy the game before causing new problems. I do want to ask though, do the solenoids overheat if a ball gets trapped in the doors? Or does the software prevent this like it does with a failed EOS switch?
Thanks!

#7969 4 years ago

I installed all of my ball blockers in 8 mins without removing anything.
It just took a little thought and a couple common 1/4" extentions.
Nothing exotic.
I wrote about it in this thread and on the setup and tweaks thread.

If you're talking about this post below... I can tell you that it will not solve my problem. I still had major clearance problem with the Spider and that ball stop. I will have to grind off material and somehow adjust the spider from leaning so far forward. Not sure how to do that other than moving entire mech backward. Maybe grinding down ball stop and face of Spider both. But not really interested in all this right now.

I just finished installing the character ball trap fix:
firstly, I have to apologize to whoever made the detailed instruction sheet, I didnt use it.
installation took 8 mins:
lean pf against backbox with power off.
go find drill gun plus either a 12" magnetic extension for a 1/4" magnetic hex bit, or 3 regular 3" x 1/4" magnetic extensions stuck together plus a 1/4" magnetic hex bit (this is what I used to get a little flex out of the extension).
push one of the mechs thru the PF about 2".
put a dab of titebond on a screw and put it into the tool bit. place loaded gun on top of metal computer box.
wiggle the plastic insert from JJP around a bit in the front space of the mech until is right. Raising and lowering the mech helps to position it or push it in. angled ledge toward the pf edge, rounded gap toward the character head.
from the outside, reach in with a finger and press the insert firmly towards the edge. this is important, FIRMLY ON THE EDGE, no visible gaps seen from the other side.
grab your pre loaded gun and carefully mount the screws without stripping them out. there is plenty of room for the tool bit just push it in to the side of the wires.
do this 4 times.
I started with the spider mech it seemed the easiest.
it was super easy. works surprisingly well.
go into test check the up and down motion of the mechs
start a game check each mech and mech switch with a ball.
make any adjustments at this time.

#7972 4 years ago

Thanks for the info!

The spider and all beasts do work correctly and register hits front and back.

You were right about the pitch! I increased it today from 6.7 to 6.93. Averaged four reads across playfield. Huge difference! Plays awesome now!!!
I also waxed playfield today. Maybe that helped. I tried increasing flipper power to 26L and 27R, but was getting air balls. Dialed it back to default and it's perfect. I am able to backhand both ramps and right hole so far. Also, cradling is way better on both flippers! No more floaty B.S.

#7974 4 years ago

OK,
I was already happy, but I'll give it a whirl. You guys are the Masters!

Here is another adjustment I made today!
DSCN0090 (resized).JPGDSCN0090 (resized).JPGDSCN0093 (resized).JPGDSCN0093 (resized).JPG

#7977 4 years ago

Thanks!
At some point I'll get to this when I get bored.

I can't find the spring steel ramp flaps for Hobbit. I would like to replace mine. They've curled up off of the playfield.

#7980 4 years ago

I read somewhere that they included a tool for that?
I guess I'll ask them..
Thanks!

#7983 4 years ago

Thanks again!
I will do that.

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

While you are at it you may want to install Cliffy protectors on the holes as well. Since you will have the ramp out of the machine to swap the flaps it is a good time to add the protectors as well.

LOL!
I was just looking at them (Cliffy's) for that reason!
I always figured hole protectors were not necessary until they were worn. Why cover the rim when it looks good? But I do like to protect the shooter lane straight off.

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My experience was that after pulling the ramp out once, I didn't want to do it again. Glad to have this maintenance task in my rearview.

I believe I will do it just for that reason!

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You'll swear so much you're neighborhood priest might bust down the door yelling "the power of Christ compels you".

Thanks so much for the heads up! Great advice!!

#7990 4 years ago

Installed Mezelmods gold trough lighting and gold back board lighting tonight! Beautiful!!!! I did cover the center 8 back board LED's with Gorilla tape and I didn't get the striping effect on ramps.

Next I will be installing their gold under cab lighting as well. I will post a pic when done for those interested.

#7991 4 years ago

I also raised the pitch to 7.2 averaged across upper, center and lower playfield and bumped up the flipper power as per 'pinballinreno's' advise.
Game plays awesome!!!!!!!!! This pin rocks now.. So much fun!!
Thanks for all the help everyone!

#7993 4 years ago

Here are some pics of the Lermods (purchased from Mezel Mods) lighting mods including the trough, back plate and yellow under cab basic lighting kit. The 8 center LED's are covered with Gorilla tape to deduce ramp striping. The LED stripes on ramps show up in pics a lot! But not to the eye nearly as much.
DSCN0094 (resized).JPGDSCN0094 (resized).JPGDSCN0095 (resized).JPGDSCN0095 (resized).JPGDSCN0096 (resized).JPGDSCN0096 (resized).JPGDSCN0105 (resized).JPGDSCN0105 (resized).JPGDSCN0108 (resized).JPGDSCN0108 (resized).JPG

#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Killed Smaug again last night for the first time in a couple months. Such a supremely satisfying shot!

I still haven't figured out how to do that yet??

#8000 4 years ago

Thanks for the video!!!
It would be a total rush to achieve this I'm sure!!!
I did set the game to 'Prevent Overlap with Multiball' already, so now I'm off to practice!

#8004 4 years ago

Ramp flaps and Cliffy's ordered.

- Any suggestions on what type of rubbers are best to install up there on upper playfield where hard to change? There are white ones there now. I want them to last.
- Also, did anyone try Super-Band post sleeves or Mini Post Rubbers. I already have green Super-Bands on flippers. I love how they never get dirty.

#8005 4 years ago

You will need to rivet the new flaps on. The rivets are included in the kit.
But the rivet tool/clincher is not.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly?
Are the correct rivets for the tool/clincher included in this kit, or just the pop rivets? I do want to order the tool and do it correctly.
Thanks..

Added over 4 years ago:

They do include both pop-rivets and the proper 1/8" tubular clinch rivets that you need to do it the right way.

#8008 4 years ago

Thanks!
But damn! Close to a hundred bucks for this thing!
Hope I use it more than once LOL!

1 week later
#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

My Hobbit is bolted to the floor. I've played a bunch of Deadpool and it's a fine game but not on the same level as Hobbit IMO.

Ditto!

#8030 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I've done some searches (here and Google) and I'm not finding instructions on how to change out the drop target springs that were part of the update kit. Can someone point me to a location where that is explained? Do I have to remove the entire drop target assemblies? I finally had one break so I guess it's time to do the spring upgrade. Always afraid to bang around in a pin without knowing exactly what to do. Thanks

I don't know how one could change out a spring without removing the mech? I tried and just ended up dropping spring down in machine several times and swore a bunch!
Removing the mechs is super simple to do. Just unplug the wires and unscrew mech from playfield. You will have to cut and later replace some 4" plastic cable ties (get a package at hardware store). Just make a mental note of where they were. Once the mech is out, you can change all the springs in a few minutes with no hassle. It's also a good time to inspect the plastic ledges that the drop targets rest on. If these are starting the crack apart, then you will know about it at least. Mine were all good.

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I changed all of my springs quickly and easily without removing any mech.

How did you manage that?? I was all thumbs trying to reach up in there and hook the end of spring to drop target. I can't imagine how that would be easier than removing the mechs.

#8034 4 years ago

Hemostat (roach clip) and fine needle nose with a Stanley bent pick to assist.
15 min job at most.
Difficult without some tools.

OK.
That explains it! I do not own hemostats. You would think after all these years I would have picked some up.
Ordering now!

https://www.amazon.com/SurgicalOnline-Straight-Hemostat-Firefighter-Taxidermy/dp/B01MZIYXS4/ref=sr_1_10

#8040 4 years ago

Is TABA more difficult than the other 3 wizard modes?

1 week later
#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Does anyone have a nice picture of the side blades in place? I have side blades on all my machines but can’t make a decision on which is the best for hobbit. Any standout preference

Which Hobbit do you have?
I had these on my Smaug Gold (link below). They are beautiful. But, the first set was destroyed by the playfield because it is just too tight and even though I have another set, I am reluctant to put them in. I did just install felt on the sides of playfield, but I will at least wait until I'm done installing the new ramp flaps and Cliffy's before I reinstall them.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/hobbit-treasure-trove-gameblades

#8060 4 years ago

If you have art blades installed you need the side art protectors at pinball life.
They are cheap and perfect protection.
I use them always.

Thanks!
I've never seen those before. I will give them a try.
I own you a drink for all the help!

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I like those the best so far too, but wish they were more reflective.
I killed Smaug for the first time today - what a rush! Got through all 3 Arkenstone modes completing 2-3 stages in each of those. Got my new GC score with it at a little more than 4.3mil. This game is great, super great code and modes, had it for over 3 years, and isn't going anywhere!

Man! You're better than I am!

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe not. I did the Smaug kill shot with the upper flipper though and that felt great! I just had a real good game. Previous GC score was 3.4mil and the rest of the 8 high scores are between 2 and 3mil.
With all of the shots in the 5 JJP pins (some really tough), I think playing all of them helps to make you a better player on the other 4 pins. Juggling the multiballs and aiming at specific shots at the same time is a great challenge. Quite often you aim it right, but it hits another ball. Playing multiballs on this pin has helped me with Pirates and WOZ multiballs. Sometimes you just need to fling a few someplace to bounce around for a bit and get them out of the way to aim for the jackpot shots. Probably trying for the DI sim card shot (very tough) helped me to finally nail the Smaug kill shot from the upper flipper.
I need to keep mixing up what pin I play and not just stick to trying to concur 1 pin - that helps me improve overall. Anyway, sorry for rambling on …

No, I enjoy listening to other people experiences learning to play better. That what Pinside is for! I agree mixing it up on different pins is huge for improving skills. For instance, after I got my ACNC (tough game) my Start Trek scores soared. It's paramount to learn to control the ball better and shoot accurate on ACNC! Hopefully my Hobbit scores will also get better. I just haven't had much time since I got it to focus on playing it a lot.

#8066 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Coming home from a comp will see me practicing things i have seen, and my scores reflect that.

Even watching the pro's on YouTube helps. You do pick up on things and become more conscience of what you are doing wrong.

1 week later
#8089 4 years ago

If you have art blades installed you need the side art protectors at pinball life.
They are cheap and perfect protection.
I use them always.

I used the pinblade protectors today. They work great on all my machines! Highly recommend!!
Thanks for telling me about them!

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

1 week later
#8094 4 years ago

Why would it crater like that? Looks like it burned through any tracers around it.

#8098 4 years ago

Well I got around to installing the new ramp flaps and Cliffy's. And you guys were right! It was a PITA! I like how I had to remove the 5 bank drop target assembly so I could remove the VUK assembly so I could get at the post nut under playfield to install the Balin Cliffy. I followed the advice given to me here and the job went extremely well! The 1/8" diameter semi-tubular rivets would not seal tight up against a block of hard wood so I used the butt end of my bench vice. I used the HANSON HT-174 HAND RIVET CLINCHER. There was a little flattening of the rounded top of the rivet, but it looks fine. I replaced all rubbers and waxed as well. Only thing left to do now is install beast door ball stops. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7RBSZ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00
WIN_20200128_15_12_04_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200128_15_12_04_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200128_17_05_32_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200128_17_05_32_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200129_19_00_07_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200129_19_00_07_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200129_19_02_07_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200129_19_02_07_Pro (resized).jpg

#8099 4 years ago

On my ACNC all the servos are fused by one central fuse. It blows before the electronics crater. It my be a good idea to install an inline fuse for this.

#8102 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Nice work!
I still need to do this myself, the Cliffy's I mean. Any standout advice?
Did you put mylar in the shooter lane as well?

This!!

Quoted from CLEllison:

When removing the ramp, DO NOT pop the sensors off the ramp. Unplug the sensor connectors from the board underneath and label them and pull them through the playfield. Be careful when handling. Drill pop rivets out, install new flaps and reverse process. These sensors are just stupid ridiculous to try to get to snap back on.
If you're going to do a set of Cliffy's, do it all at the same time. Cliffy's absolutely suck ass to install on this machine (specifically Balin). You'll swear so much you're neighborhood priest might bust down the door yelling "the power of Christ compels you". DO NOT play your machine for 24 hours after. Let the adhesive setup/cure.
And lastly, while the ramp is out REPLACE ALL RUBBERS and make DAMN sure both hole backstops are tight and the posts in the pop bumper area are also tight.

No, I didn't put Mylar in shooter lane yet. I will do this when I do the beast door ball stops.

#8106 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks man!
Cliffy sent me this guide someone had done. Seems pretty effective!
http://www.purcellvillepinball.com/HobbitLE2016.html#Cliffy

Ya, that's a good guide. I didn't get the inlane Cliff'y protectors.
But make sure you clean the wax off around the holes before installing the protectors. There is epoxy on them that needs to bond to the wood. Use Naphtha to remove the wax.

#8111 4 years ago

Apparently, my multiball game leaves much to be desired!

#8113 4 years ago

Spot light replacement bulbs..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4KBN6V/

1 week later
#8144 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

The only 5 star I've ever finished was Riddles in the Dark. Took that Into the Fire level 4 for something north of 750,000 points. That was an epic ride. I always try to start a mini wizard mode with at least a 3 star mode completed. 1/4 value with a 1 star and 1/2 value with a 2 star stings too bad.

What is meant by 'mini' wizard mode??

#8147 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

One of the 3 arkenstone modes. There and back again is the final wizard mode

OK, I thought they were just called Wizard modes LOL!

#8150 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I consider each of the three a mini Wizard Mode. The only true Wizard Mode in the game is There and Back Again.

So by this logic I can assume that all pinball games that have more than one wizard mode really only have one 'Wizard' mode (being the most difficult to get to and accomplish), and all the other wizard modes are 'Mini Wizard' modes?
I ask because this has confused me in the past.
When I'm bored, I ponder such things!

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I also added a small 1 inch block of mylar right in front of the captive ball.

Good idea! I'll do that too!

#8170 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmm. Any easier way to get at this nut, when moving the VUK? This bugger is way back under the drop targets...

Edit. Got it....though it fell into the subway, of course!
[quoted image]

I just removed the drop target bank. It's easy. Just unplug it and cut a couple tie straps and remove the four screws. I hate dropping screws! Especially into the subway..LOL!

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I know this has been answered before, but I can't find it.
What is the production date when Hobbit's shipped with the upgrade kit installed by the factory?
Thanks in advance.

Machines built after (07/15/2016) do not need the updates as they were installed at the factory.

#8222 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I replaced mine....and it was a bit tight but I was able to lightly hammer it out from the bottom and it came out no problem. I was able to push the new one back down from the topside of the PF and push it flush to the PF with a small amount of resistance, and then screw the nut back in to place to hold it.
Note: I didn't use a washer on the topside.

Mine has 3 washers on the topside under the ball.

#8246 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Has anyone tried plugging a guitar amp into the headphone jack. Would it work.

What you are suggesting is plugging the pinball machine's headphone output into the guitar amps input. I don't see why you can't. But there is a big difference between a high fidelity stereo audio system and a live audio, mono guitar amp in terms of sound quality. This has to do with audio compression and signal balancing and you also get phase cancellation if a stereo signal is not properly converted to mono which further degrades the signal quality. You can try it, but you probably won't like it. Just add an external sub. Or connect it to a kick ass home stereo system.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I I investigated further and found that simply reseating the connectors fixed the missing colors.

I have been hearing this a lot on Pinside. These RGB lights are very prone to this connector loosening issue causing the single color. So this is the first check to make whenever this occurs...

#8281 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I've been thinking about selling my Hobbit LE, but don't know if my wife would let me as I would like a Dialed in.....Game only has about 120 plays or less. HUO.

Definitely a downgrade in art package and theme, but Dialed In is a great playing game.

#8288 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll tell you this about Hobbit. You are IN that game. The way they made the game, it feels like you're doing all the things they say you're doing. You're fighting smaug. You're escaping from all these perils. You have to save people, search for answers. You are very much on this adventure. This isn't just some theme they slap on the game because pinball games "need a theme." The integration of theme is amazing. BM66 like.
One game I love: Stern Star Trek, is awesome. But those modes? I don't FEEL like I'm doing those things the game says. I'm just playing it. Still love the game. But I'm not in the game. Not the Hobbit. Damn fine coding and theme.

I agree and I have Star Trek. ST makes it on flow and intense multi balls and the killer warp ramp shot! But Hobbit is in a whole higher class as for as depth and objectives and theme integration. I haven't played DI enough to be an authority on the subject, but if you like art, depth, theme integration, Hobbit is king.

#8297 4 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

Looking for a little pricing advice. Would you buy a Hobbit Black Arrow edition for 7k? If not, what price would you offer? Has the following description:
"This pin is in great shape and was purchased in late Dec 2018. Game was new in the box when it arrived. I had a local tech go through it carefully so everything is working fine. Game only has 139 Plays and is running 3.10 software. Cosmetically there are no issues."
Also, wondering what questions you would ask the buyer? This would be my first pin.
Thanks!

It sounds so noobish when they announce number of plays! This is ubiquitous now. It is pointless because there is no way to prove this given that any code update erases the stats.

#8301 4 years ago

I payed $6700.00 for Smaug in Michigan with Radcals and plastic protectors and blades. I would have payed $6800.00. But it didn't have the updates either. And I see a lot of people asking $7,000.00 for a HUO Stern Prem, not a LE which would be more typically.

#8307 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I paid 7400 (shipped) for a gold smaug edition with a few upgrades (protectors, mods), lightly used, if this helps gauge things.

I should clarify that I think Smaug is definitely worth more than I payed with these mods when compared to Stern LE's. I just had a budget of $6800.00 to spend and got lucky. This pin is a master piece and I think it is ridiculous that it doesn't rate higher than it does. This makes no sense to me other than the fact that it is not a great location game because of the depth. This is also the case with my Alice Cooper. That game is under rated because of the tight shots, but it is super fun and addicting and beautiful. I think these modern high end pins are just too good for the wild now. Stern has the take on the location scene with their Pro's for sure!

#8308 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Still baffled by what "light the horn" means.

Quoted from KingBW:

You mean "light Thorin"?

LOL!!
Trying to read that display while playing is a challenge!

#8320 4 years ago

I would take the time to install an inline fuse on these Smaug servos while you're in there so this doesn't happen..

a066a41688b67c645b50b4708b6d20eab0f0c320 (resized).jpga066a41688b67c645b50b4708b6d20eab0f0c320 (resized).jpg
#8324 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I can only guess that there was some kind hang up going on inside the servo motor

I'm not sure about these servo motors, but motors in general can have bad spots in the windings that can cause this to happen. If it stops on a bad spot, it will not start again until you move it off the bad spot. I have had flakey servos in the past when I was into R/C airplanes.

#8325 4 years ago

A an aside, I still have a lot of left over R/C parts and they have come in handy several times for pinball repair. Those small machine screws and nuts you can't find in hardware stores and other odd ball parts as well. It has saved my ass more than once.

#8334 4 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Since we are all going to be under lockdown soon, if not already, how about a competition for best score / accomplishments on Hobbit over the next few weeks?

I wish I could, but they may put us in trailers and work us 12 hr. shifts for 14 days straight and then quarantine us on location for the next two weeks while the next shift does the same. Two 2 man shifts back and fourth (only 4 of us out of 5 volunteered). Sounds bad, but they are willing to pay double time. Big money if it comes to that. We run a natural gas compressor plant. The spice must flow!
What pin to buy next with extra money? Provided great depression II doesn't start.

1 week later
#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not that I know of
I have replaced DWARF and MAN in mine over the last 4 years.

Damn!!

#8393 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Anybody else have a problem with mental or physical stamina while playing this game? Personally, I often have marathon games and after a long while, I have trouble maintaining my attention on the objectives and just start spraying the ball towatds lighted inserts and targets. Also, my hands start slipping on the lockdown bar and my legs get spongy.

Play worse!

#8417 4 years ago

That whole rating system is prone to all sorts of problems.

#8423 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Hobbit is still getting crushed vs TS which is an absolute joke. Just way too much hate out there for Hobbit from the early days of code.
All and all a good thing for me as I was able to pick mine up for a great price.

Exactly why I have one!
Thank you haters.

#8425 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

While I agree that may be why it is being beat, I'm not even mad. The Shadow is an awesome game. Both awesome pins.

Yup, it's near the top of my list as far as 90's pins.
But the translite has to go!
Aurich...Still the best!
I have his full kit on my ST pro. It's awesome!!
The-Shadow-B2S-1038x779 (resized).jpgThe-Shadow-B2S-1038x779 (resized).jpg

#8439 4 years ago

My vote is in..

#8446 4 years ago

Whirlwind beats Hobbit!
Now I've see it all.

#8449 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

It’s just an indication of how few people have had the opportunity to live with the game. IMHO you really need to own this game.

This is true for a lot of games. But many of the guys hating, have large collections and should know better. But this is the Pinside psychopathology on display.

#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Who cares. Whirlwind is garbage compared to hobbit. Let people keep under apreciating this amazing game.

Right!
It's like comparing a Lamborghini Huracan to a Ford Fiesta!

#8454 4 years ago

Well, round four of the 'NOTHING MADE AFTER the 90's is WORTHY' bracket is up and running. LOL!!

#8491 4 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I found one on Craigslist and am picking it up as soon as it's safe to! I put a $100 deposit down... THE PRECIOUS WILL BE MINE!!!!! I'm adding this to a Star Wars Comic Art Premium table. So completely different machines and styles... I'm psyched to add some variety to my gameroom!

Star wars is a great game! Best action button in pinball! And Hobbit goes great with my Stern ST and ACNC. I too like variety in my tiny collection. Goal is one more. Down between ATM LE or Met Premium.

#8495 4 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Ahhhhhh, the goal is always one more. I'm getting married next month, better not push my luck too much yet! Also, my game room is our old formal dining room, and its getting pretty full!

I didn't start buying pinball machines until I was 50.

#8497 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a year since i bought my first and i have 17. Hobbit was my second.

Holy cow!!!!!
You really got the bug!
You got some nice pins too!

#8518 3 years ago

So, my goblin pop up was sticking part way above the play field. I removed it and noticed that one of the little screws (8-32 x 3/8" hex head) was missing. There are two screws with a metal plate that hold the head to the mech. If one screw comes off, the head slants to one side which mine did (notice last picture). I could see wear on the ear where it was rubbing. The hardware store didn't carry these screws with the hex head, which you need because you have to reach inside with a small box wrench to tighten it. So I placed an order on Marco Specialties for a various assortment of these hex head screws. And no, I couldn't find the damn screw in the cab! But I did notice that there were pieces of plastic broken off around the bottom rear of the head. I looked on JJP's site and noticed two of the four beast heads are out of stock and they want $36.00 /ea for them!!!! I sent them an email asking if and when they are going to be restocking them. I don't need to replace mine yet, but I'm assuming they will need to be at some point.
WIN_20200421_10_54_35_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_10_54_35_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_10_55_19_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_10_55_19_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_10_58_55_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_10_58_55_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_11_00_07_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200421_11_00_07_Pro (resized).jpg

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I had to replace my warg due to it breaking - I am sure it will happen to all of them sooner or later. They are hollow - I wonder if they can do them solid instead to help long term?
So I am going to get a new set (all 4 of them) for future needs as well. If you find out when they will get them let me know

Yes. I will post their email response ASAP.
I wish I was good a carving. I would carve these heads out of solid hardwood of some type. Then paint and CC. $36.00/ea! They're still hollow and will just break again. I would try pinballinreno's moldable epoxy first before paying that price. Hell, maybe we should remove them all now and fill with epoxy before they break apart.

#8524 3 years ago

One of the problems is that they hang on a leaf switch.
If they are too heavy they wont respond to the ball.
So, theyre hollow.

Ya, I considered that. So it looks like future Hobbits will get ping pong balls with faces drawn on or something like that. I assume JJP isn't planning on stocking them forever.

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Shouldn't these actually be pretty straightforward to print, and then paint?

For 3D printing, someone has to do the cad design. That's technical and a lot of work AFAIK. And I can't do it. Someone in the modding community needs to provide a replacement for these because JJP is not going to do it for ever.

#8543 3 years ago

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine is bolted to floor. It's the only pin I ever considered to be. Wife agrees too.

#8550 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

Hi Everyone,
I'm the proud new owner of a Hobbit Smaug Edition. The game looks and plays great most of the time, but has an issue where it sometimes randomly crashes during a game and reboots.

Well, this is above my pay grade, but on my Sharkey's Shoot Out (Stern White Star System), the random resets were caused by dried out and cracked IDC connectors. I replaced several of the ones under the fluorescent light bulb (which dried them out) with Molex connectors and Trifurcon crimps. Problem solved. So check for bad IDC connectors (bad connections).

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We all love The Hobbit it's all good .

No, some people think Whirl Wind is better!

#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls are likely magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right. New balls. And get one of these - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809
slides in the open end of the ball trough and lays on the bottom. Prevents divots and helps with magnetized balls.

Magnetized balls caused this ball trough problem for me on my ACNC. It drove me nuts until I changed out the balls.

#8564 3 years ago

For everyone interested, Jersey Jack finally sorted their beast head inventory problem. They now have all the heads available in stock to order. I just placed an order for one of each head.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/?range=31%2C60%2C66

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

Got it working. I checked the bios version of the new board and it was pretty old. I downloaded the latest bios from MSI website and then flashed the bios. Rebooted and it started up perfectly.

Which mother board did you install?

#8582 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

It's the H81M-P33 motherboard.

That's a hell of an upgrade from a single core Celeron! But it should boot faster I would think?
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/H81M-P33/Gallery#lg=1&slide=0

#8584 3 years ago

A faster SSD helps the boot times.

Does Hobbit use an SSD already? I never looked.

#8595 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

I'm wondering if it was old and if so, I wonder if I had flashed it to a new version if that would have fixed it also. In any case, the new board is working great.

No biggie!
Now you have a new MB. Update the bios on the old one and keep it for a spare. That's what I would do.

#8611 3 years ago

Fun book!

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Congrats. Out of three jjp games that I own, Hobbit is my favorite. Stupidly underrated game due to people looking at the playfield and assuming it has nothing to shoot at.

It's their loss.
That's why it's the best kept secret for great value buy in pinball right now!

#8649 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Best tip i could share about learning it is to have a wingman calling the shots over your shoulder if you are ever having a real good game. You never really have much time, specially in multi's) to look at the main screen, and i've never looked at the samll screen while playing at all.
It needs to be someone with some understanding of the game but they can be telling you what to shoot for and you can muscle memory the shots.
'Mystery is lit'
'Just need left hole for extra ball' etc
Obviously can't do it in comp, but harmless at home.

So true with this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#8671 3 years ago

You guys are better than me. I still haven't killed Smaug. But with the new ACNC code and the new Deadpool I bought, and all the work I've done on these pins, I haven't been playing Hobbit enough. But I still suck anyway!

1 week later
#8717 3 years ago

I'm sure this is why a lot of people didn't think this game played well and was too floaty.

#8728 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

S I was on a conference call for work so I couldn't see the sequence of events.

You can see it here...

#8735 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

So do you guys/gals feel like the market on this title has finally plateaued or do you think that this title will continue to drop in price? And if you think it'll drop more in price where do you see the bottom?

I don't know. None of this makes sense to me at all. I thought collectors looked for games with awesome assets and theme integration like Hobbit has. Everything about it is top notch and it gets shit on. I think it's mostly because people set it up wrong. But I thought pinheads who own machines would know better. Apparently not. How can LOTR rate so much higher than Hobbit? Blows my mind! I got 7 grand into my Smaug with radcals, plastic protectors, pinblades, full set of Cliffy's, ramp and trough and undercab lighting, and updates done. No way in hell I'm ever selling it for under $6500.00

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I have hopes, that this will become equivalent to what happened to so many titles before it. Twilight Zone is a PRIME example. The game did horrible when released and OPS were selling them dirt cheap. Now it's an overpriced legend.

Yup!
I do believe that is the case with the Hobbit. It very likely may be a latent legend!

3 weeks later
#8760 3 years ago

OK guru's,
I been having this intermittent problem where the Book/Time and Lock/Mode ramp LED's malfunction. They always start off correctly functioning and test good in all colors, but on some games the Time LED will stay light blue and the rest of the ramp word LED's stop working. I checked the plugs under playfield for the two LED boards under the ramps and they are seated well. Any suggestions appreciated!

1 week later
#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

3.5 mil. Favorite game in my collection!
So.... I played today and had a terrible start. Had like 150 thousand going into ball 3. Here's the beauty of this game: the longer you play, the more it pays out. I ended up just shy of 2 million. Here's how:
As you progress, your ring button lights up purple when nothing else qualifies. Every time you hit it, it pays out a hundred points more every time with seemingly no limit. But the REAL beauty is the honey comb nature of the modes. The more modes you do, the more chances you can clump them together and get adjacency bonuses. I has almost 200 thousand in one of the completed modes. Combine this with the brilliance of trying to bring in a high difficulty mode into your mini wizards, and it absolutely makes this game.
The thought put into the software is so effing incredible. Just wanted to share.

Awesome!!!
Thanks!
So do you know roughly how adjacency bonuses pay out?

#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I tool a pic of what to expect when one mode touches another. I didn't complete this mode nor is it lucrative, but there shows a map bonus next to it. I'll try to take pics of when you get multiples next time.

So map bonus then? Cool!
Now I can't wait to get off work to try this out!

1 week later
#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

What is the le model?

During initial release days there was a Standard and LE. The Smaug and Black Arrow are LE's that came later, but the original LE was the 'Motion Picture Trilogy'. It had different art on each side of cabinet and Bronze Vein Armor. The first pic show the Bronze Vein armor. The next two pics show the prototype armor that was changed to bronze vein before release. .. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6223
thflyerletterfront-lejpg-0d8643 (resized).jpgthflyerletterfront-lejpg-0d8643 (resized).jpg

image-10 (resized).jpgimage-10 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpg

#8782 3 years ago

Here's the standard edition. It also used the same Trilogy art work but without the Invisiglass, shaker motor, powder coated trim, etc.. JJP also offer Radcal upgrade for 400.00.

hob-stan-1-e1476657866113 (resized).pnghob-stan-1-e1476657866113 (resized).png
#8787 3 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

- when the modes are scored you get a bonus based on where you are on the map to Erebor and based on feeder bonuses

So, the Map Bonus is higher the closer you are to Erebor then?

#8788 3 years ago

Also, I found this map here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet/page/3#post-3418867

I take it that this is what you are referring to for Feeders?

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from bmlors:

I don't think this is worth thinking about during the game. Are you really going to skip playing a mode and wait until the map is in the exact right place? If so, you've probably achieved a level of prowess on the game that is well beyond most of us.

That's for sure! Especially for how I play.

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Joined the club last week and man what was I wrong about this game... I’ve always believed the people who were saying the machine is floaty, extreme long ball times, slow and boring.... THEY ARE WRONG! When properly set up this machine is a masterpiece that plays fast and can be brutal. I’m so glad I’ve finally pulled the trigger.

Shows how many people don't know how to set up a pin properly!

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from kjlors:

The grid of the pictures corresponding to each mode follows the story line left to right. So if you are at the beginning of the Erebor map, play a mode to the left side of the grid.

Ahh! Got it!!

From Manual Page 15 of 33

** Not shown is the location of the mode which also increases scoring if your map is
advanced beyond that location when you play the mode.

#8803 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I don't remember what I had mine set to, but the stock leg adjusters set to max weren't enough. I had to place ~.5" thick wooden blocks under the rear legs. It played great.

Lower your front legs all the way first

#8806 3 years ago

I had a couple threads left over on each side. Differences in floors I guess. Now I know not to move it!

#8811 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Omg just went to inspect the fuses and saw THE CPU FAN/HEAT SINK HAD BROKEN OFF THE CPU!!!! Absolute miracle the CPU didn't fry. I suppose I just apply new thermal paste and reconnect CPU fan / heat sync?
Recommend you guys check your CPU fan/heat sinks.

HTF does the heat sink break off the CPU? They're always bolted on on every computer I've ever built.

#8815 3 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I want to attach an external subwoofer to my Hobbit.

I just piggy back off the cabinet woofer. Works as good as anything.

#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

i didn't have to whack it to hard.

It was just a Freudian slip.

#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from Ky1ebasa:

I am buying a Hobbit manufactured on 12/20/2016. Does anyone know what factory fixes would be pre-installed at the date of manufacture, and which ones i'll still need to fix myself? Thanks!

Machines built after (07/15/2016) do not need the updates as they were installed at the factory. Your build date should be on rear of cab. Black Arrow was the latest model built. Some Smaug Golds were also built after this date.

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Next to that it’s also good to check if all the fixes have been installed like the beast protectors,

I have done all the updates, but fail to see the importance of these beast door ball stops. They would be a major PITA to install on my machine. Everyone requires moving the entire mechanism back and adjusting leaf switches and grinding ball stops to fit. The ball rarely ever gets caught and if it does, all you do is wait for game to eject it. Nothing gets damaged. The ball does not get permanently stuck or fall into hole. Believe me, I tried to do it and quickly figured out it's not even remotely worth the trouble, at least on my machine.
P.S>
I am curious why this is so on my machine? All the beast mechs are leaning forward leaving next to no clearance for ball stops to be installed. This is why the balls rarely get caught by doors and don't get permanently stuck. All the beasts register hits from front, back and even side shots perfectly, and why I don't want to start messing with them. Has there ever been a problem where balls got stuck or have fallen down into holes requiring glass removal?

#8838 3 years ago

You dont have to remove or disassemble anything at all.
Having the right tools is the key.
It took me 8 mins to install all 4 of them.

No way! Not on my machine. No clearance on any of them for the ball stops they sent me. Way to thick.
Also, I tried the 12 inch driver extension approach. And again, there is no clearance to work with.

2 weeks later
#8853 3 years ago

In fact 2 layers of 1/4 cto diffuses better.
Still only need 1 sheet.

here's the 1/4 cto diffuser film..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXHVP6S/

#8855 3 years ago

Link below.. Make sure to order four of them..

https://www.pinballlife.com/heavy-duty-leg-leveler-black.html

** Pinball Life is not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS min shipping is over $14.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a larger order or find these elsewhere.

2 weeks later
#8907 3 years ago

About the playfield dimpling..
I also have normal dimpling. It's fine. It's the new Stern cratering that is not good. I have seen it. I think it's a combination of too powerful of flippers (which in the case of my Deadpool, you can't adjust the power), and uncured clear coat that Stern's fast production allows. Also, some games just have worse air balls. Also, there is the rare occurrence of softer plywood. I have noticed that the playfield in my DP is thinner than my Hobbit and ACNC as well. Hobbit was not know for clear coat issues like POTC and Wonka however, so I wouldn't worry about purchasing a Hobbit. It's the best value in pinball right now IMO!

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I joined the club this Morning. Picked up locally. Just have to go through it and clean it up and fix a few minor things.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The loop/spinner shot that shows you traversing the terrain is brilliant.

And I love how you get a 'Map Bonus' for your completed mode as long as you are at or ahead of the location where the mode occurred.

1 week later
#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The ball "can" come off the rail and roll down on the wood rail. Your machine will likely have the bumper fix installed so the ball ends up dropping into the windlance anyway.

I still had it get caught on the left habitrail ball trap bumper fix one time.

#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Looks like the welding on the left ramp of my black arrow broke. Anyone have a similar issue and can recommend a fix?

I would take it to a welding shop to do it right. JB weld probably won't hold. I have tried solder in the past and it didn't hold (on my F-14 launch lane habitrail).

2 weeks later
#9097 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

to reset the high scores, use the green button on the front, then use the two buttons on the side many times to make the score higher and higher.
Once the score is higher than the existing score, let the ball drain and use the buttons on the side to enter your initials and then you won't see the old score, no more.

LOL!

#9098 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Anyone selling and want out of the club?

Not a chance!

#9099 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

My lights freezing mid-game never returned after I replaced the BAG board. However, I did have *other* problems after that which I believe were due to a loose ground (or potentially a bad ethernet cable, replaced at the same time) so I can't say with 100% certainty that the BAG board was the cure. The first month with my game was incredibly frustrating (mainly cause this was my first big pinball purchase) but it's been relatively smooth sailing since then. Good luck getting your issue sorted.

Yes, I've been there. I've learned to just do one change at a time and test. Simple stuff first.

#9103 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My son (16) and I were playing Hobbit last night to see which one could get to Battle of the Five Armies. Neither of us did last night, and rarely do. We though it would be cool if Hobbit had a coop mode that allowed the players to continue trying to get as far as they could. Seems like this is the perfect game for that...
Any chance JJP will implement Co-Op in Hobbit?

Totally agree with this!!!
It's how I beat my ACNC.
It actually has two co-op modes. Either player 1 and 3 against player 2 and 4, or 2 to 4 players against machine.
I can't think of a better game than Hobbit for this feature!

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

You doubled my score and I got mine shortly before you. I'm really starting to wonder why I bother with pinball. lol I think I am going to switch from 3 to 5 ball.........

Ya, that's what I do! I blame it on my age.

#9172 3 years ago

Yup, mine is at 7.2. I just suck!

1 week later
#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

My Orc broke a few weeks ago and found a new one on Marco (JJP was sold out).

JJP's site always says "Sold Out", just call them and they will reload the stock and you can order them.

#9263 3 years ago

Dropping and loosing the springs and clips is the worst part. ltg is right about that, its good to have spare clips and springs before you start just in case.
I surround the area with a towel and use hemostats to grip the small parts.

Also, it's easier for the beasts closest to habbitrails, to remove the habbitrails first or they are in the way making it much harder to access the spring and clip on trap door.

1 week later
#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

get this part amazon.com link » .

I had to laugh at the Floppy Disk Drive interface! WTF?

#9308 3 years ago

I sell a lot of floppy disk drives to machine shops.
Older CNC machines still use them.

I never would have guessed! But that makes sense.
Even the real 5 1/4" floppies?

#9310 3 years ago

Actually the "real" floppies you are thinking about were the 12" ones for the control data drives in 1975.
I have a couple customers that use those on their AS-400 computers.
On some of the very old CNC, yes. But most of those have been updated to the 3.5" ones.
On some of them I have put a wireless floppy adapter to talk to a PC. But in a lot of cases it just doesnt work.

I remember those 12" monsters! LOL! I forgot about those!! Ya, that was a real floppy!!

#9322 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Guys, JJP store has full plastic set for The Hobbit for $49.99!
Don't walk, run!
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/Hobbit-Printed-Plastics-Set.html

Done!

Thanks!!!

#9329 3 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

What was your shipping cost? To Cali was 47.00 UPS or JJ low cost, estimate via email.

Ship Via: JJP Arranged Shipping (Lowest-Rate Shipping Quote will be sent via e-mail, +$3.00 S&H)

Added over 3 years ago:

Mine was $3.00

#9330 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Does anyone know the correct LEDs to use for the spotlights? Is it 12-volt, #906 bayonet?
Thanks,
Brian

Wedge 555 and I would use Sunlight.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v

3 weeks later
#9381 3 years ago
Quoted from ORF:

So, LOTR's chubby sister moved in yesterday (well she's actually boarderline obese.. )
get yellow filter on the led strip in the backbox,

Yes! And she weighs a ton too! No fun to dance with at all!!

Also, when I bought mine from previous owner, he had installed this yellow plastic filter over the B.B. LED's. But, it still looks washed out and nothing like other pics I have seen. I tried covering some of the LED's with electrical tape to dim it, but still looks washed out. I haven't bought the recommended color filter, because I'm not sure it's going to help it, as I don't know what he put in there (if it's the same stuff or not).
** Can anyone verify if these LEE FILTERS 1/2 C.T. ORANGE Gel-Sheets (link below) actually give good color? Thanks!!

https://www.amazon.com/FILTERS-SHEET-ORANGE-CONVERTS-Gel-Sheets/dp/B003DIDK3U/ref=sr_1_12

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

can someone post a pic of their washed out translight? Mine does not look washed out, maybe because the lights added around the frame provide some contrasts and I used a warmer white strip on the top.
[quoted image]

That's what I was thinking! They should have used warm white LEDs. Maybe those weren't available at that time. I know they came much later as it took a while for that quantum dot based white LED tech to emerge. Before that, it was all cool white LEDs which suck for displaying color properly.

#9391 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My back glass doesn't look that washed out , but it was one of the last ones made .
Your LED strip is like an Easter egg revealing what it could be .[quoted image][quoted image]

So you have a B.A. edition then? Maybe J.J. used warm white LEDs in later models for B.G. then?

#9392 3 years ago

Yes, 1/2 CTO is correct, or 2 layers of 1/4 CTO.
In my opinion the 2 layers of 1/4 CT diffuses better.
Im using 2 layers of 1/4 CTO and it looks dead on.

Which model Hobbit do you own?

3 weeks later
#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's the best stuff to use to clean the black crap off the rubbers .
I'm thinking detergent on a rag ( soapy water ) but is there anything better .
I did read somewhere to use lighter fluid and I also thought about methylated spirits but wouldn't that be corrosive on the rubber .
[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CP-100

This stuff is great for rubber cleaner, also great for playfield light cleaning.

2 weeks later
#9557 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Mine came with a playfield protector and I hated it so much I ended up cutting it off. Best thing I ever did with this game. Game plays much faster and smoother with it gone.

LOL!
I did the same thing on my F-14. I cut it off too! Way easier than uninstalling it.

#9558 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

This is really interesting. I recently picked up a low play HUO LE that has a playfield protector and even though I have the pitch at 7.0, it still feels floaty and the ball travel is just kinda weird. Plus, I feel like the glare off the protector makes the whole playfield look a little hazy. I don't put a ton of plays on my games so I really don't think I need a protector.
How much of a hassle is it to remove a protector? Do you literally just cut through it in sections and remove the pieces or do you have to disassemble stuff? Do you have to adjust the height of all the rollovers, pop ups and switches after you take it off?

Carefully cut it off with a scissors. Uninstalling requires removing lots of parts including the flipper bats. I had particles getting under it all the time and had to lift it and blast high pressure air from my portable air tank to try to get them out. I had the older thicker one and still cut it out, so it's doable. You may have to make a tweak or two to switches, but they should work fine without it as you're removing and not installing the protector.

#9559 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

anyone have a Smaug Gold edition they wana sell me?

You're welcome to come over and play mine!

4 weeks later
#9658 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My snakes don't give a fuck.

I don't need snakes for pets. I work with several!

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Looks like I need those. Still mad about it

Ya, I learned the same way. Only it happened on hobbit after it also happened on my brand new ACNC. Spooky did sell me a new right side art blade, but those were available only from the factory. AFAIK, 3rd party sets will require a new set. Buy the guards above! Best money I ever spent!!

#9662 3 years ago

I never knew they made Gold Mirror blades!! But damn! Those are expensive! I'll bet they look badass on Hobbit!

#9687 3 years ago

Also, it's hands down the most beautiful pin I've ever seen to watch! And it's a wide body which is nice to have at least one in your collection. When you get this game rocking, it's like you're in the damn movies!

#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Kevin and Joe video is excellent .
I didn't realise you could pick in the menu your attract mode , from Blinky lights or strobing .
I know most of the rules but still learning stuff , I didn't know if you drain ball , it spots you letter or a character .
Great to see two guys who helped come up with the rules , explain it all .
This game is freaking awesome .

Yup, I learned from that video that you can select the right or left VUK by holding the corresponding flipper button when the upper magnet grabs the ball.
Also the attract mode. Mine was on Blinky. I like the sweeps better.

2 weeks later
#9755 3 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Finally tracked down The One Ring plunger to go with my own Shooter Plate. It’s the little things [quoted image]

If you sell these Shooter Plates, let me know!

#9774 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I found the Hobbit wasn't really improved with a sub. I loved Tommy and Deadpool being hooked to the same sub, but Hobbit sounded poorer with the sub than without.
I used one of tangles little boards and a splitter to hook to the existing sub connections.

Nope. My Polk Audio PSW10 sounds good with it!

#9837 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Ordered the bag end mod from PinWorlds and considering the ring shooter rod.
Love this hobby!

If I order one will I suck less?

#9838 3 years ago

These are awesome!! And like he said, I snagged mine too and destroyed both sides. I replaced them and then bought these!! https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html Best money ever spent! My ACNC is supper tight as well. But Hobbit playfield is also heavy and hard to control when lifting.

#9840 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Do those come with pre-cut holes for the inside bolts, like the ones from Pingraffix?

No, you remove the bolts before installing blades and then cut out holes with razor knife and reinstall bolts.

1 week later
#9915 3 years ago
Quoted from dabear007:

Man, That's awesome.
Forgot I even had this.
Had to dig out a shoebox from the closet to find it.
I've had it since high school (late 80's).

I've had this poster since the 90's..

DSCN0135 (resized).JPGDSCN0135 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#9980 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I've gotten to the point that when someone says they don't like Hobbit, I feel they either haven't actually played it or are morons. The game is my favorite in my collection.

I'll tell you exactly why a lot of people hate it... They don't know how to set up a pinball machine to save their life!

#9982 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

And I suspect operators set them up too flat on location, making the game "floaty" for those who tried it on location.

Absolutely! I've seen it myself!!

#9983 3 years ago

When you see Led Zeppelin and Stranger Things above Hobbit in the Top 100. You can take it with a truck load of salt!

2 months later
#10403 2 years ago

I bought a whole new set of heads from J.J. on 5/5/20 for 35.99 each plus 12.00 shipping. Total 155.96 USD ... I still have the receipt.
These replacement sculpted beast heads are awesome, but definitely expensive!
Regardless, if I hadn't already bought a new original set, I'd probably buy these because they are better built and so great looking!

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

I paid $65 for a Warg replacement, so these are only ~$25 more per head

Where did you buy from?

3 weeks later
#10456 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Sure here’s the post I made on that. There’s some videos on my YouTube page showing the testing and effects too…
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/191#post-6030172

Awesome gate mod for Hobbit! Installed easy and works great!!
I also installed the Bad End House. What a beautiful mod that is!!

Added over 3 years ago:

Bagend House

#10466 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It doesn't just feel like cheating.... it's cheating. You're literally lining yourself up for infinite kickbacks. Might as well put that gate mod and slap it on the left outlane.

Good!
With the sheer depth or this game and the number of objectives there are, a few less SDTM B.S. drains can only help! My wife agrees.

#10493 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:I pulled out the Playfield and wax it put it back

You pulled out the playfield to wax it?!

#10496 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I pulled out the Playfield and wax it put it back

Quoted from Blackzarak:

I didn’t pull out the Playfield completely out, it’s easier to pull Playfield out to reach all the needy greedy spots that are hard to reach. Makes it that much more easier.

Oh, I thought you meant took it out of the cab! LOL!

#10505 2 years ago

I'm having more fun with it already!

1 week later
#10507 2 years ago

Here we go again with the misinformation campaign against Hobbit being floaty and dull in this current thread... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-le-vs-metallica-pro/page/2#post-6389577
What did J.J originally print for the pitch for hobbit?

#10509 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It probably didn't have the 7+ pitch to make it shoot right. I think originally JJP said 6.7 (or something like that - too low in my opinion). Mine is about 7.3 and is very quick and not at all floaty.
I wouldn't worry about trying to convince the other guy - some folks don't care for The Hobbit - but many others do.
Look at the used prices of the hobbit - it is a solid pin.

I just hate B.S. claims like it's floaty and plays terrible etc. because they don't know how to set up a table to play properly! If they don't like the game because of theme or art/sound or rules etc., fine... Then say that!

1 week later
#10519 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New Factory Find from JJP on PinballWizard.com. $40, not bad considering how much these get hit. Ordered a set as never plan to sell the game lol.
[quoted image]

I payed 160.00 for that from J.J.

#10535 2 years ago

If anyone gets the horde pile Arkenstone, it will be loose and flip over unless you put two layers of electrical tape around it below the rim and then cut off any excess so it's flush with the bottom of stone. That will keep it snug in place.
* FYI, on my machine, there was only one screw holding the horde pile LED SMD bracket under the flasher cover - that you remove to install Arkenstone. I had to drill a hole and install a second screw on opposite end of bracket so the Arkenstone sits at correct height in horde pile. Otherwise it falls in too far.

e1cd4ee2e008ccc65e62d884c3bbe626da07fb99 (resized).jpge1cd4ee2e008ccc65e62d884c3bbe626da07fb99 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10550 2 years ago

Well, my Hobbit Smaug mouth quit working! So the fun begins.

I noticed that the HobbyKing servo (HK15288A Analog Servo BB/MG 9kg / 0.20sec / 51g) is out of stock everywhere or discontinued. This one will substitute...

HobbyKing™ (HK15328A Analog Servo BB/MG 10.3kg / 0.21sec / 58g)

#10563 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

IArm me with a few key objectives that I can use now before I dive deep into the rules and start really strategizing?
And what does it mean when shots (including the rollovers) turn red?

About the Mode Arkenstone....
This is huge! All modes have a star rating in the upper right of the small book display on playfield. These are the multipliers for when you play the wizard modes! Try to enter the wizard modes with at least a 3 star mode complete. This will give you even scoring.
- 1 star mode = X25% scoring
- 2 star mode = X50%
- 3 star mode = X100%
- 4 star mode = X200%
- 5 star mode = X400%
I don't have much luck completing 5 star modes at all! So I shoot for 3 star and if I'm feeling good, I go for 4 star modes. This is how you rack up the big scores in Wizard modes!! Hit the Book ramp when lit to change modes and remember to use action button on lock down bar when lit to select between Lock and Mode.
Shoot the Mode ramp when lit to start mode. See backbox display for the state of the action button. It does many things!

#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

What is your game pitched at? If you are not at 7.2 - 7.4* at the flippers you are going to get all kinds of crazy deflection off those rollovers. You should also check the leaf switches below them and make sure they are gaped correctly.

If I had 7.3 at flippers my table would be at an average of 7.5. My pitch at the top is .4 degrees steeper than at the flippers. It's all the weight of those pop up mechs.

#10570 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Correct, the back of the game will be even steeper and faster.

OK, I may give that a try. The deflection off rollovers is present. I thought the recommendation for Hobbit was an average of 7.1?

1 week later
#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I can’t believe Hobbit is on the bottom of the list when it comes to JJP pins on the top 100. Seriously what gives? Do people actually play the game before they rank it?

Often not enough to know WTF they're talking about! At least that's how it appears to me. Many jump on a bandwagon after hearing from somebody else. And I'm not talking about just Hobbit either. zaphX is right though. Hobbit is intimidating to a new player. The guys on my league that come over think it's great. A couple guys say it's their favorite of all time. These guys are real serious players too. How POTC rates so high in comparison, with it's incomplete code and limited assets, is a mystery to me!

#10621 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

This is why it isn’t a much loved pinball, when pinball loving guests visit my modest gameroom this isn’t they first choice as they are lost by the heavy ruleset. It also lack of attractive toys ( mini plateau, flying monkey, gumball, rotating trunk, Bigfoot rotating head, balrog bash toy, genie bash toys, Frankenstein and Dracula bash toys and so on ). So it is good but not among the best if you consider the guest entertainment aspect.

I disagree!
It's spectacular to see in action! Noobs don't care about rulesets! I can see the ruleset being intimidating out in the wild though, but they usually are when you don't get the game all to yourself and can't hear the sounds. Once explained to you, Hobbit is easier to grasp than many other pins! Noobs don't understand any of the rules on my pins and aren't interested at first either. They just want to flip! Hell, the women that my wife invites over for her Hen parties gravitate to it and literally scream during Smaug multiball when the pop up beasts start thwarting their shots! Makes me laugh every time!

" lack of attractive toys" ...really?

- Rotating, talking dragon with illuminated, flashing eyes.
- Four pop up beasts!
- Super interactive action button!
- Playfield display.
- 27" LCD with more going on than any pinball machine ever.. Full assets!

Don't even get me going on the rest of the BOM!

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from Metalzoic:

Thought I'd share my Hobbit since I have several mods I haven't seen anyone else do yet.
[quoted image]

Awesome!!!

3 weeks later
#10763 2 years ago

I just had a switch error notification when I turned Hobbit on. It was the Bag End opto. I'm wondering if the fact that the Trumpanche pop cluster gate isn't adding to this as the opto only registers the ball about 90% of the time. So the fact the the gate stops the ball from rolling back though it, lessens the number of triggers.
So do you think the optos are dirty or misaligned? I haven't had to mess with any optos before?

#10776 2 years ago

I say its dirty or loose.
verify it in switch test.

Thank you!!

2 weeks later
#10866 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Bill finally posted pictures of his 4th Arkenstone start button variant - I'm trying to convince myself that one start button is enough
https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-recessed-dome-lighted-start-button-for-the-hobbit[quoted image]

Bill is a prince!! Best shooters in the bus!

2 weeks later
#10922 2 years ago

Mount this Hallmark Enterprise inside you Hobbit. I guarantee it'll make a good conversation piece!

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#10924 2 years ago

When did pinball machines become doll houses...

1 week later
#10943 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

May be worth waiting until you get to try the new code and get some more value out of it going for achievements

Good advise! I have yet to do this!

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I appreciate it! I have been thinking about it and I do believe I will be listing it for sale. Before I list it though I've been wanting to fix a problem I've had for many years - Smaug's mouth doesn't move. I always thought it was the servo and I spent the time this evening working to replace it. It turns out the servo is not the entire problem:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
It got so hot it completely lifted the trace. Hopefully JJP sells this PCB, otherwise I will be looking to fix my existing one.

Why would that over heat? Binding servo? If it was me, I'd install a fuse after repairing that.
My Smaug mouth moves but not correctly and sometime not at all. Haven't got around to it yet. But the new servo Hobby King makes that replaces the existing servo has better torque spec.

#10946 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I am betting it was a binding servo. The original servo is in pretty bad shape movement wise so it must have burned up. That tab is the ground tab I believe so it must have been driven hard. I could look to put a fuse in-line but I'm not sure what value is best. The trace is already damaged so it won't hurt to install one.
Do you know the model servo is the best replacement? I was looking at this one as a replacement:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-coreless-digital-hv-mg-bb-servo-11-5kg-0-17sec-66-4g.html?queryID=900cf1a173ddfc03c01c9ad667736cd5&objectID=38570&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics
There are some differences - coreless vs poled, digital vs analog.
I contacted JJP and they are selling me a new PCB but I want to repair this one and use it while keeping the new one as a backup.

I noticed that the HobbyKing servo (HK15288A Analog Servo BB/MG 9kg / 0.20sec / 51g) is out of stock everywhere or discontinued. This one will substitute...

HobbyKing™ (HK15328A Analog Servo BB/MG 10.3kg / 0.21sec / 58g)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogsearch/result/?q=HK15328A%20Analog%20Servo

#10951 2 years ago

Can I use an ethernet cable? My WIFI won't be picked up very good where hobbit is located.

1 week later
#11013 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's in there somewhere. Topside of the playfield where smaug turns, or in the bottom of the cabinet.
A flexible magnet might help.

Or in the Subway!!
If not there than it's in the fucking fourth dimension!

1 month later
#11136 2 years ago

I'm in for 4 as well.

1 week later
#11155 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Don’t forget to stuff a rag in the open area of the beast just in case you drop the spring or clip. You can also lay a rag on each side of the beast you’re working on and use a small screwdriver(or something else)to wedge underneath the beast mechanism and hold it up hands free…now you can work with two hands.

** An absolute must!!
Also, remove that left habitrail if your working near it. It's a PITA to work around!

#11156 2 years ago

My Smaug mouth moves sometimes and sometimes not. Also, when it moves, sometimes it moves correctly and sometimes not? What should I suspect is the problem before I tear it apart for the first time??
Thanks

2 weeks later
#11196 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

It took me 18 months to finally make the shot on Smaug. I'm sure the neighbors heard

I still haven't done it!

#11198 2 years ago
1 month later
#11247 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a bit of a project, but not too difficult. For me, the main issue was removing the optos as they are held in with plastic clips that can break. Go slow and remove them carefully and you’ll be fine. The rest is just some screws to get the ramp assembly out.

No need to remove the optos from ramp Just unplug them from under playfield and pull them out attached to ramp.

1 week later
#11266 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have a few, the translite and the gold trough/backboard along with the lit Gandalf are the most popular.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/the-hobbit-pinball-mods
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have these too. They are nice and also the yellow plastic protectors under the slings and out lane plastics and yellow under cab lighting. Also, the Treasure Trove art blades by Tilt graphics!

1 week later
#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The speed appears to be ~10x faster
Speed: 0.22sec/60deg @ 6V
vs
Speed: 0.025s / 60deg @ 4.8v, 0.21s / 60 deg @ 6v

Where did you get this 0.025s speed from?
This is the correct servo...
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-hk15328a-standard-hi-torque-mg-bb-digital-servo-14-5kg-0-22sec-62g.html?queryID=5fd77200de27db7d028ba4b23c5ef953&objectID=86341&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

#11288 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

On that page, the specs show:
Torque: 14.5kg @ 6V
And the other shows:
Torque: 9.3kg/cm @ 4.8v, 10.3kg/cm @ 6v
So if these are similar enough, perhaps there is a typo?</blockquot

On that page, the specs show:
Torque: 14.5kg @ 6V
And the other shows:
Torque: 9.3kg/cm @ 4.8v, 10.3kg/cm @ 6v
So if these are similar enough, perhaps there is a typo?

Yes, it's a typo.

9 months later
#11789 1 year ago

So, now that Pinside is separating Premium and LE rating entries... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le
are they going to separate Hobbit Standard and LE entries?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Mr_Outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.