20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1602 7 years ago

I haven't really followed The Hobbit development because I always thought of it as out of my range. I recently picked up a NIB Ghostbusters Pro and my wife really hates it. I thought the theme would be perfect for the kids but even with the center post addon, its just too brutal for the kids and the wife. I sold my STTNG that they didn't play in hopes of the theme/game they would play. They all play Metallica daily.

Since my Ghostbusters so far has shown no insert ghosting that many are experiencing I figured it was time to move it out and get something else that they might like better. That brings me to the hobbit. The theme is perfect for them. So without reading the whole thread and the numerous others during development can someone school me on the basics of the hobbit.

The rules sound pretty deep with 33(?) modes. I have also heard it has longer ball times? I think that is part of the problem with GB for my wife. 30-40 second ball times and laddered progression for her is a bit of a buzz kill. Like most people she wants to feel she is progressing in her game and not just draining before she accomplishes anything. She played WoZ for the first time 2 weeks ago and really liked it.

So sell me on why The Hobbit would be a good choice for a small 2 game collection, paired with Metallica. I have also watched some videos but if anyone has links to some good HD videos with nice sound, it would be appreciated. I send an email to a local distributor tonight for pricing, I hope to be joining the club soon.

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I have a wife and kids also. They seem to love the JJP games (I have both) due to the large screen and animations. The nice thing about the Hobbit is it is possible to start any of the modes without getting that far into the game so, it is possible for the more novice player to see a lot more of what it has to offer. Due to the animations I think the kids also enjoy watching others play a lot more than they do with DMD games. I have a Met and love it also, but my wife and kids almost never play it. The other favorite for my wife/kids in my collection is Monster Bash, but I would admit a JJP game would probably be a better value for the same money. With anything it is best to try before you buy. I really fell in love with the Hobbit after playing it a ton at ReplayFX.

Yeah, I talked to you about it a little last week but would love to find the time in the near future to bring the wife to check out your Hobbit. Would also give her a chance to compare it with Woz side by side since she did like Woz. Have to see if sometime works out for everyone if the offer still stands.

#1627 7 years ago

That's where your mind went with that post? If that's what I actually wrote then I could understand, but you had to go out of your way to edit to get there. You need to get out more

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey I LIKE where his mind went. Most entertaining post here 'course I DO need to get out more...

Yeah it was kinda funny. He actually made me double check my own post to see if that's what I actually typed.

On a side note, anyone have recommendations on a distributor?

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mike Daddona at Automated Services - http://www.automatedservicesllc.com/
Tell him you want the LTG : ) Price, not full retail.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd, I called Mike.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Meph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.